Los Angels Community Cantina 2014 ( Q&A )

Darth_Wicked

I know Dulfy had created already a thread for the assets in the pen here but considering the answers given in the Cantina, I thought it would be best to create a separate topic.

Original link is here, though I saw it first on Reddit.

Some highlights...

Question: On strongholds, how will cross faction stronghold planets work like Tatooine? Will a Jedi and a Sith be able to share the same stronghold?

Answer: Each faction will not share the same stronghold. Strongholds on contested planets will be in different locations. Expect more information on strongholds and guilds ships by the end of the month of June 2014.

Question: Will classes be able to use weapons that are not intended for the class, i.e Jedi using a blaster?

Answer: No, one of the reasons is to allow others to identify the enemy’s class in PVP.

And finally...

Question: How will Disney’s takeover of the rights to Star Wars affect SWTOR’s lore?

Answer: SWTOR is not canon. It is part of the extended universe. It will not be affected in anyway. The only thing that can affect SWTOR is Lucas Arts. As in Sith will not be running around on unicorn mounts.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I have to admit im a bit disappointed in the LA cantina. I realy hoped they would use E3 to release some info on the upcoming expansion.

Thanks for posting the Q&A anyway much appreciated.

rival the housing of other games and it will very customizable.

hope so :o

Free item placement is confirmed. That's incredibly important, in my opinion.

Also: no shared strongholds. At the very least not cross faction. That's also a huge deal to me, because I'm an altoholic. The more strongholds I can actually customize, the better.

Free item placement is confirmed. That's incredibly important, in my opinion.

Also: no shared strongholds. At the very least not cross faction. That's also a huge deal to me, because I'm an altoholic. The more strongholds I can actually customize, the better.

I believe the best part - IMHO anyway - is this...

Each faction will not share the same stronghold. Strongholds on contested planets will be in different locations. Expect more information on strongholds and guilds ships by the end of the month of June 2014.

I wasn't honestly expecting that. A pleasant surprise to say the least. :D

It is?

I must have missed that. Where was it confirmed? :eek:

Q & A with Jack Wood, Producer of Strongholds

Question:

How intricate will the decorations for the strongholds be? Will it be anything like Wildstar?

Answer:

Strongholds will be extremely intricate in that you will be able to place items as you see fit. Décor items can be created through trade skills and will be drops from mobs, flashpoints, and operations. This intricacy will be inherently Star Wars and will rival the housing of other games and it will very customizable.

- As per 42gaming.com

It is?

I must have missed that. Where was it confirmed? :eek:

I mentioned some highlights in the OP, not all...

Question: How intricate will the decorations for the strongholds be? Will it be anything like Wildstar?

Answer: Strongholds will be extremely intricate in that you will be able to place items as you see fit. Décor items can be created through trade skills and will be drops from mobs, flashpoints, and operations. This intricacy will be inherently Star Wars and will rival the housing of other games and it will very customizable.

http://42gaming.com/blog/community-cantina-q-a-with-eric-musco-los-angeles-2014.html

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I have to admit im a bit disappointed in the LA cantina. I realy hoped they would use E3 to release some info on the upcoming expansion.

Thanks for posting the Q&A anyway much appreciated.

Because there was no trailer or even tease for 3.0 expansion yesterday, I no longer believe it's coming this year. We're now looking at a release date of 2015 for it so in my opinion a 1 planet expansion won't be good enough. We can't have a 20+ month cycle that only releases 2 planets (0ricon) for a game with this many active players. It just makes no sense. Too much money being made to allow the core game to get so stale.

GSH sounds great, sounds like they are doing all they can with that, but I still need some story content of some type with depth and replayability.

Edited by annabethchase

Because there was no trailer or even tease for 3.0 expansion yesterday, I no longer believe it's coming this year. We're now looking at a release date of 2015 for it so in my opinion a 1 planet expansion won't be good enough. We can't have a 20+ month cycle that only releases 2 planets (0ricon) for a game with this many active players. It just makes no sense. Too much money being made to allow the core game to get so stale.

GSH sounds great, sounds like they are doing all they can with that, but I still need some story content of some type with depth and replayability.

Oricon was a moon, not a planet, not to mention it wasn't exactly on par with Makeb.

In other words, ever since the game came out, we only had one planet more or less on par with the Vanilla ones, albeit absent class stories and more generic quest missions.

The latter were replaced by those lovely Daily Mission terminals who just scream "GRIND...!!!111!!!" at you, at every chance they get.

Edited by Darth_Wicked