Star Cluster Nightlife Pack item chances

The_Natoorat

Hi there.

Let me start by saying that I didn't get what I wanted from the pack (wink-nudge-wink) :) That's OK tho, I didn't expect to get everything that I wanted, but...

Ceremonial Mystic armour:

On my server (Progenitor) at this time, on GTN there are 15 pages(!!!) of boots/lower robes, and 2-3 pages of something else. I think there are 3 chest pieces.

With Tulak Hord the same. Sheadload of lower pieces and only 2 (TWO) chest pieces.

I understand that some armours are more rare than others, but I would think that the chance of getting an item from a pack is equal to all pieces in the set, not different to separate pieces from the same armour. That's a bit harsh if you ask me.

How does it look on other servers?

Chest and head pieces might actually be rarer...or it might just be that because they tend to look more distinctive than, say, belts or boots, people tend to hang onto the chestpiece but sell the boots. Hard to tell; cloudy the future is.

I think that -to some degree atleast - all parts of a set should have, give or take, the same drop rate. This is obviously not the case though. The Nimble Brawler set is suffering from the same thing as the Tulak set. You can get the lower body more or less free but the upper parts are hardly even listed on GTN. Wouldnt it benefit BW if people actually were able to complete set? It would result in more legacy unlocks and more CC spent.

Anyhow, the drop rate on the Tulak helmet and the Rancor seem extremely low too, even in comparison to the so called rare items in the first couple of shipments. I saw 4 rancors listed and 3-4 Tulak helmets and with the exception of one Tulak helmet they were all in the 10 million range and up. Fortunately I was able to get my hands on a Tulak helmet for 2M earlier today and the way things are looking I might not have screwed myself over there, which otherwise usually is the case when buying items on the first day.

There is also the fact that alot of people hold on to those "vital" parts (ie. helmet or chest) to sell later, when they are more rare and they know people are looking for the complete set.
But that has always been a factor and is nothing new. I'm not even going to blame it on less packs being opened, although I'm not ruling it out. My drop rate "opinion" - because that's all it is, I don't have the stats - is based on the drop rate in the unhealthy amount of packs I've opened. I've probably opened more packs in the last couple of batches than I used to back when the first shipments were launched but I see much less of the rare stuff. At the same time they seem to have increased the drop rate on other items so you end up with 20 of the cheap mount instead. It would be better for everyone if drop rates were somewhat balanced because people wouldnt be stuck with 50 of an item they can't sell, which ultimately prevents them from buying more packs since they don't want to fill cargo bays with crap or simply throw away items. It would also result in more GTN profit if most things cost 50K each instead of 20M for one item and 2K for everything els.

But that has always been a factor and is nothing new. I'm not even going to blame it on less packs being opened, although I'm not ruling it out. My drop rate "opinion" - because that's all it is, I don't have the stats - is based on the drop rate in the unhealthy amount of packs I've opened. I've probably opened more packs in the last couple of batches than I used to back when the first shipments were launched but I see much less of the rare stuff. At the same time they seem to have increased the drop rate on other items so you end up with 20 of the cheap mount instead. It would be better for everyone if drop rates were somewhat balanced because people wouldnt be stuck with 50 of an item they can't sell, which ultimately prevents them from buying more packs since they don't want to fill cargo bays with crap or simply throw away items. It would also result in more GTN profit if most things cost 50K each instead of 20M for one item and 2K for everything els.

They've made an effort in the last pack and this one (it seems to me) to create a .1% rarity tier. Hyper rare highly desirable items probably boost pack sales.

I think the biggest hurdle is simply that bracers/belt/boots/leggings/gloves are largely interchangeable. Helmet and chest piece for the most part are the defining pieces to a look. Artistically there's fairly limited ways to increase their value. Mechanically, the collections system is a nice try and it works to a limited extent.

@ JiUasp

The problem is that the bracers/belt/gloves are also very rare. only boots/pants are common and cheap. Ceremonial Mystic has sheadload of boots/lower robes for 500 creds, but bracers are very few and start from 500.000 creds (EDIT: Just checked, there is only 1 [ONE] bracer on GTN at the moment, and no belts) , and gloves are even more, not to mention 2 helmets on GTN for around 1.5M (on Progenitor). Madness!

Of this pack I bought 2 hypercrates, which is way more than I usually buy. Of that I got bits and pieces of different things and around 73.529.012 sets of Enhanced Assailant’s Armour. I don't even bother checking prices of those. 5 creds each maybe? I might as well go to starter planet and give those for free to noobies.

I mostly buy packs for re-sale, if I get sth that interests me, I get missing parts (armour) from GTN for money from my sales. When I have a bunch of worthless items, I really don't see a point of spending money on packs.

IMO someone messed of drop rates.

Edited by The_Natoorat

There is something wrong with the rarity of the items. I bought 4 hypercrates plus several single packs. Statistical after opening that many I should gotten at least one of the helms or the "rare" mounts. Yet nothing. I have tons of lower body armor. Maybe a couple of the upper body. No supplentmary (sp) armor.

And if this is "working as intended" then that's fine, ill just not get anymore packs.

There is something wrong with the rarity of the items. I bought 4 hypercrates plus several single packs. Statistical after opening that many I should gotten at least one of the helms or the "rare" mounts. Yet nothing. I have tons of lower body armor. Maybe a couple of the upper body. No supplentmary (sp) armor.

And if this is "working as intended" then that's fine, ill just not get anymore packs.

first varactyl that came out went through 106 packs before it dropped

some people pulled two in one pack after 4 packs

random is random.

@ JiUasp

The problem is that the bracers/belt/gloves are also very rare. only boots/pants are common and cheap. Ceremonial Mystic has sheadload of boots/lower robes for 500 creds, but bracers are very few and start from 500.000 creds (EDIT: Just checked, there is only 1 [ONE] bracer on GTN at the moment, and no belts) , and gloves are even more, not to mention 2 helmets on GTN for around 1.5M (on Progenitor). Madness!

Of this pack I bought 2 hypercrates, which is way more than I usually buy. Of that I got bits and pieces of different things and around 73.529.012 sets of Enhanced Assailant’s Armour. I don't even bother checking prices of those. 5 creds each maybe? I might as well go to starter planet and give those for free to noobies.

I mostly buy packs for re-sale, if I get sth that interests me, I get missing parts (armour) from GTN for money from my sales. When I have a bunch of worthless items, I really don't see a point of spending money on packs.

IMO someone messed of drop rates.

This is pretty much my POV too. I get that some people might open X number of packs for the sake of one item, although this is an extremely stupid approach when you can simply buy the item on GTN instead, but most people are probably just looking to create a foundation of items and then sell the rest. This doesnt work when "the rest" isnt worth anything, due to it seemingly having a 90 % drop rate and the market being flooded. Perhaps it would be better to combine two planned packs from now on to create a bigger batch of items and allow reasonable drop rates. A drop chance on 5 % for the rares seem more reasonable, that way you'll atleast have a reasonable chance with a hypercrate.

all I can say is that the packs are like opening up a pack of sports cards no matter what its the luck of the draw and how the game keeps going cause people keep buying the packs(not saying there is anything wrong with that).

I found this a bit peculiar as well. In one of the few packs I opened, I got the Nimble Brawler's Supplementary armor, which is not "super rare". I expected that a set like this wouldn't be too pricey, and I liked the headpiece, so I headed over to the GTN so I could collect the rest of the set. Imagine my surprise to find:

Lower: 2K

Supplementary: 500K

Upper: 900K

. . . with single item prices to match!

Now, this is purely anecdotal and only for one server, and I realize that GTN prices for new pack items can fluctuate wildly. But there were just so many more pants and boots than everything else, and the other pieces were all way too expensive (IMHO) both in comparison and for their rarity.

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but regardless, it looks like I'll just be buying Xoxaan's set, like I'd originally planned. Which will probably cost me less than the Brawler set, despite being super rare and having a rather popular chest piece. :confused:

Edited by Gwena

Eh, RNG is RNG. I would just implore Bioware... PLEASE NO MORE GSF PAINT JOBS OR GAS CANNISTERS. There is no greater kick to the junk than opening a pack and having the 2 "items" both be gas canisters or paint jobs. There are enough of these that everyone can have 20 of them already. Just stop!

Lower: 2K

Supplementary: 500K

Upper: 900K

. . . with single item prices to match!

I've seen the same on the Harbinger, the Ebon Hawk, and the Red Eclipse. I think we're beyond anecdotal evidence. These sets are purposefully being gated.

My previous experience was that supplementary armor was most common, then lower, with upper being more rare. I normally get a bunch of supplementary, a few lower, and rarely upper. This time, it was all lower except for one box. Bracers and belts have generally had the lowest prices on GTN because they were so common, but this pack's drop rates seem to be off.

all I can say is that the packs are like opening up a pack of sports cards no matter what its the luck of the draw and how the game keeps going cause people keep buying the packs(not saying there is anything wrong with that).

Yeah, but this pack of sports cards seems to have been mis-packaged in the factory and you now only get the super-common cards and the supposed mid-rarity cards are now as rare as the super-rare ones...

first varactyl that came out went through 106 packs before it dropped

some people pulled two in one pack after 4 packs

random is random.

you dont understand random

the rrng is random how it is implemented is not. as there already has been a yellow post saying that there is a problem, I would say you are wrong.

Its kind of sad that there are more rancors listed on GTN than there are of Xox and Tulak horde's chestpiece combined. Hell even the nimble brawler, revered seer, etc, have their helmets and chestpieces listed for insane amount of credits, even though there is about 30 pages worth of stuff for each. Either they've adjusted the ratio or something is wrong. Edited by Nickious

Yeah... I was really looking forward to this pack. But I - honest to god - NEVER got so much useless junk out of a hypercrate. I know I have below average loot luck. It's been that way since... forever. (I stabbed my first ragnaros using heartseekers!). I have no problem with that. But the JUNK! If I could at least auto-destroy the gas cylinders... or paint jobs... or stupid-dyes-that-don't-sell-for-1-cred ...

Should put at least one of the superrares in each hypercrate, imho.

Yeah... I was really looking forward to this pack. But I - honest to god - NEVER got so much useless junk out of a hypercrate. I know I have below average loot luck. It's been that way since... forever. (I stabbed my first ragnaros using heartseekers!). I have no problem with that. But the JUNK! If I could at least auto-destroy the gas cylinders... or paint jobs... or stupid-dyes-that-don't-sell-for-1-cred ...

Should put at least one of the superrares in each hypercrate, imho.

Like many have stated already, this is most likely a bug.

Like many have stated already, this is most likely a bug.

I hope - honest to god - that this is not a bug. Because if you add up all the hypercrates bought, that would require a MAJOR rollback and/or refund. :D We are talking about serious amounts of money here, not just the "two days of not playing!!! WAAH!!!"

"Sorry, we know the display you bought has a different resolution than it's packaging indicated... it's a bug... deal with it!"

I hope - honest to god - that this is not a bug. Because if you add up all the hypercrates bought, that would require a MAJOR rollback and/or refund. :D We are talking about serious amounts of money here, not just the "two days of not playing!!! WAAH!!!"

"Sorry, we know the display you bought has a different resolution than it's packaging indicated... it's a bug... deal with it!"

I'm pretty sure they'll come up with a way of compensating for it.