Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Class Stories Coincide with Planet Storylines?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Which Class Stories Coincide with Planet Storylines?

Dayshadow
06.12.2014 , 12:18 PM | #1
I hear a lot that the Consular/Inquisitors storylines are the "main" stories upon which the planetary stories revolve; That they have more direct impact.

Is this true?

I know on Alderaan the Inquisitor basically decides whether or not House Thul survives or not. And I've heard that the Consular breaks the Empire on Balmorra. But do these classes stories coincide directly with the planetary stories in Chapter 2 onward? For the most part it didn't seem that way in Chapter 1.

What planet storylines coincide with what class stories? Are there any where the trooper story fits better with the planet story? Agent, Knight, etc.? Or is it just Consular/Inquisitor all the way.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Trooperclay
06.12.2014 , 12:36 PM | #2
What was incredible to me was, in the agent on Corellia, if you listen to Keeper, Lord Razer, and Hunters talk close enough, you hear what's happening in most every other class storyline. You hear about Republic Special Forces Deployment (Trooper), Sith Power Plays (Warrior/Inquisitor), Rift Alliance (Consular), etc. etc. .
For a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Empire...

DeltaBos
06.13.2014 , 04:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooperclay View Post
What was incredible to me was, in the agent on Corellia, if you listen to Keeper, Lord Razer, and Hunters talk close enough, you hear what's happening in most every other class storyline. You hear about Republic Special Forces Deployment (Trooper), Sith Power Plays (Warrior/Inquisitor), Rift Alliance (Consular), etc. etc. .

I noticed that too, agent is how most ppl figure out class order. It's awesome how just about every class throws SOMETHING in there that relates to another class.
These new J. J. Abrams movies are just a bad dream. Someone wake me up when Timothy Zahn says he's directing a SW film.

Dayshadow
06.13.2014 , 11:41 PM | #4
So about that original question.....
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

Millardkillmoore
06.17.2014 , 09:39 AM | #5
I find the Inquisitor to be the least connected to the planetary storylines. He/She is really working on his/her own business and never seemed to concerned with Imperial troubles. On the Imperial side at least, it always made the most sense to me that the Bounty Hunter did the planetary quests. The other Imperial classes all have their own important business to deal with. The BH is a gun-for-hire that has just as much incentive to do planetary quests as their class quests: piles of credits.

Darkelefantos
06.17.2014 , 02:19 PM | #6
The Bounty Hunter also has specific mentions to planetary questlines in their class story, at least in chapter 3, where you can directly mention talking to Darth Serevin ("that oddly well-mannered Sith Lord") to your quest giver on Voss and where you meet the last remnants of an operations group in the final mission on Belsavis (their leader asks you if you know something about the Dread Masters' status, if you've already done the quest you can tell them you freed the Masters).
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

MishraArtificer
06.25.2014 , 04:26 PM | #7
There's a direct tie between the Agent's class quest on Balmorra and the Jedi Consular.

Don't believe me? Just ask Zenith.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Master-Nala
07.05.2014 , 06:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
So about that original question.....
The Consular's story fits much closer to most planetary stories.

On Taris, you're fighting a threat to the reconstruction;
On Nar Shaddaa, you're trying to keep the Hutts from throwing the Republic out and throwing in with the Empire;
Tatooine's planetary quest is unique;
On Alderaan, you're working with factions in the war of the houses;
On Balmorra, you're the one who actually liberates the place;
On Quesh.....Yeah.
On Hoth, you're fighting the pirates but your quest isn't that connected here;
On Belsavis, you are there for the Esh-Ka, the big reveal of the planetary quest;
On Voss, you're there primarily to build an alliance with the Voss, literally the same reason for the planetary quest
On Coruscant, you retake the Guardian Holds which allows the resistance to regroup.

So yeah, I would say the Consular story tracks the main storyline pretty well.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni, Hard-Top & Arbaaz
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia