Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change Tactical FP's back to basic comms please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Change Tactical FP's back to basic comms please

theSCARAYone
06.11.2014 , 04:02 PM | #1
Basic comms are way more useful than elite comms.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - HA Baa

16 55's and counting! One of each advanced class! - 3800+ Hours played!

Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

GalaxyStrong
06.11.2014 , 04:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by theSCARAYone View Post
Basic comms are way more useful than elite comms.
Agreed, I don't really find Elite Comm's to be useful. I need basics for Isotope 6 so, would you please consider changing it back or perhaps let us trade in Elite Comm's for Isotope 6.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

ZionHalcyon
06.11.2014 , 04:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
Agreed, I don't really find Elite Comm's to be useful. I need basics for Isotope 6 so, would you please consider changing it back or perhaps let us trade in Elite Comm's for Isotope 6.
I say keep Iso 6's for Basic. You can get plenty of them doing dailies.

I say make MMG's tradeable for Elite comms.

GalaxyStrong
06.11.2014 , 04:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
I say keep Iso 6's for Basic. You can get plenty of them doing dailies.

I say make MMG's tradeable for Elite comms.
That would be cool ( I would have no problem giving up 250 elite comm's for 1 MMG) but, I don't see it happening.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

jorill
06.11.2014 , 05:10 PM | #5
Its not really that big of a deal to me. Only the gf part is elite comms. The daily part for entering it and all drops in the fp are still basic. Also as whats been stated there are lots of ways to get basic comms and i usually get a lot clearing dailies waiting for fp to pop

JacksonMo
06.15.2014 , 06:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
That would be cool ( I would have no problem giving up 250 elite comm's for 1 MMG) but, I don't see it happening.
It's already done. Check the crafting material vendor on fleet. They cost 20 Exotic Element Equalizers and 350 Elite comms.

AdrianDmitruk
06.15.2014 , 10:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
It's already done. Check the crafting material vendor on fleet. They cost 20 Exotic Element Equalizers and 350 Elite comms.
Yeah, the problem is that the cost of 20 EEEs is equal to or greater than the value of the MMG (on GTN). So you're not gaining anything by using the elite comms to barter for MMG; you're just throwing them away. At present market prices for EEEs/MMGs, elite comms have no value whatsoever.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

TheUnNamedHero
06.16.2014 , 06:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Yeah, the problem is that the cost of 20 EEEs is equal to or greater than the value of the MMG (on GTN). So you're not gaining anything by using the elite comms to barter for MMG; you're just throwing them away. At present market prices for EEEs/MMGs, elite comms have no value whatsoever.
Yeap. I know on JC that 20 EEEs sell for just under the cost of 2 MMGs. That vendor is a total waste. Now if they dropped the EEEs from the price I'd probably queue for tacticals again.
Unless you survived the Corrupted Blood outbreak, you don't know what a game breaking bug is.

TheUnNamedHero
06.16.2014 , 06:28 AM | #9
And let us not forget that with bolster you can now get ultimate comms for doing SM OPS naked (done it. just wore my hat) and for doing HM FPs which were designed to be done with basic comm gear. It's as if BW wants us to completely skip the elite comm gear tier. They now have even less value than they did before the patch.
Unless you survived the Corrupted Blood outbreak, you don't know what a game breaking bug is.

Halinalle
06.16.2014 , 06:39 AM | #10
I have 30 Elite comms now and will never get more. Can't buy anything with those. So, basically useless.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)