Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning player questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Returning player questions

baktanfuli
06.11.2014 , 08:44 AM | #1
I'm back after 2 years away, with a few questions.

From what i can gather instances are still fairly pointless, since gear upgrades comes in the form the the items you put in the upgrade slots on each gear piece, so you can tradeskill or buy with commendations the slot upgrade item, you want, and they are nearly as good as what you would get in an instance?

i have one of each class, and im pretty overwhelmed by all the skills, can someone recommend a site with some rotations for midlevel chars, or DPS per skill (all my chars are just around 40)

making money midlevel, if i dont wanna do GTN, is it just doing dailies and quests, or is there some other way to make some half decent money?

psandak
06.11.2014 , 09:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by baktanfuli View Post
I'm back after 2 years away, with a few questions.

From what i can gather instances are still fairly pointless, since gear upgrades comes in the form the the items you put in the upgrade slots on each gear piece, so you can tradeskill or buy with commendations the slot upgrade item, you want, and they are nearly as good as what you would get in an instance?

i have one of each class, and im pretty overwhelmed by all the skills, can someone recommend a site with some rotations for midlevel chars, or DPS per skill (all my chars are just around 40)

making money midlevel, if i dont wanna do GTN, is it just doing dailies and quests, or is there some other way to make some half decent money?
Running FPs and getting gear from them save you the cost of upgrading your gear through the GTN or crafting or planetary commendations. Second, and more important, is that the FP gear is usually better stat distribution - specifically unlettered item modifications.

Dulfy is considered one of the best for guides.

If you do not want to engage in the GTN then dailies and other quests are the only way to earn credits.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Reverse Engineering Rules
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

Merouk
06.12.2014 , 08:03 PM | #3
Only other option is to spend RL cash on Cartel Coins to buy Cartel Packs and sell them unopened on the GTN for credits, basically converting RL cash to in-game credits.