Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The new 16-man bolstered GF Ops - impressions

Liquor
06.13.2014 , 12:49 AM | #21
Simple. Remove OPS Queue

We don't use it. We still pug them. Vey few used them except for the bonus comms. That's all.

The groups suffered even with bolster. The 4 DF runs today were the worst I've had. The 4 S&V runs I had were rancid. These were all GF just to test it out. We had to explain fights. It's SM. Things took longer than expected even with out wipes. Everything was NEEDed. We do not see this with pugs. We had people drop after the weekly still. We had people drop due too the runs taking too long.

GROUP FINDER for OPERATIONS are not needed. Mostly unwanted. Added code that clearly bogged down the servers.

Get rid of them instead of putting a band-aide on the leaky pipe.

Oh. No ultimate comms in 8-man. We were maxing comms after 4 ops and a daily FP. So weekly cap reached in a day. Why give us more comms yet no cap raise? We blow through content too fast as is. They just made it worse.

I'm tired of going premade then Q. We had serious issues with Q today. Dropped too many times to count. Ended up someone bugged but had to boot players out one at a time to find out who. Everyone shows green on lockouts. It took too long to set up. Even doing 2 short on DPS didn't work. No one was in Q. We only used it to get 30 ult comms. Well I was already maxed so didn't matter to me.

This Op queue needs to go. It's not needed. We already group, premade, pug it. Why add to server resources?
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK
SWTOR.tv <--- Link to all my streams, UI Settings and Discord
Grand Mff Kilran - Slas - Harkn
AKA: knowmyname -=- #NerfOperatives

LJ_Gibbs
06.13.2014 , 06:43 AM | #22
It must be a server by server issue.

Aside from people rage quitting, on Jedi Covenant I didn't have any problems with dropouts... lockout issues, or anything else you describe.

johnatters
06.13.2014 , 06:59 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
We had to explain fights. It's SM.
GF's purpose is to get more people into raiding whilst avoid the gear curve that often puts people off taking the initial leap. You are going to find new people in GF queues BECAUSE THAT'S THE WHOLE DAMN POINT.

LJ_Gibbs
06.13.2014 , 07:10 AM | #24
Too many elitist people don't want to have to "carry the noobs".

Maximanimo
06.14.2014 , 02:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
I agree, thats why i havent botherd to do any OPS yet, people get so frustrated if you dont know anything 110% the first time ._.
R.I.P SWG. Europe farstar yo!

IAMBamBam
06.14.2014 , 11:30 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Maximanimo View Post
I agree, thats why i havent botherd to do any OPS yet, people get so frustrated if you dont know anything 110% the first time ._.
I second that. I am playing my third toon, a Jedi guardian and have made it to level 39 with only one death ( I got a level 40 mission at level 32 and jumped in before realizing that I was fighting a group of 40s). I keep up with my stats and abilities and breeze thru all battles. Reading on the forum about all the "trouble" with the noobs I am scared to even try. I haven't played in any groups except to lend a hand when someone asks so; I would be a "noob". I'm sure I would be kicked or harassed because I don't know the map or the right strategy... sigh.. good noobs want to play too

AlrikFassbauer
06.15.2014 , 08:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
Exactly like this. And that's why the 16-man got changed in group finder into 8-man anyway. To please them.

Quote: Originally Posted by IAMBamBam View Post
Reading on the forum about all the "trouble" with the noobs I am scared to even try. I haven't played in any groups except to lend a hand when someone asks so; I would be a "noob". I'm sure I would be kicked or harassed because I don't know the map or the right strategy... sigh.. good noobs want to play too
Bow to your elitist overlords who rule the game.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

MeNaCe-NZ
06.15.2014 , 06:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Exactly like this. And that's why the 16-man got changed in group finder into 8-man anyway. To please them.

Except they don't. Most seem to just sit in chat talking crap all day instead of running content then get the nerve to come to forums and put in their 2 cents about content they rarely would run anyway.

If you don't like GF just don't use it. Pretty simple really.

I personally would happily run any content with noobs as long as they listen and can follow general instructions and know their role ( worst would be tanks asking how to tank - those people need to piss off and learn their role before queuing or joining groups but thankfully they are rare ).

Most "raid" leaders over complicate op fights far more than need be by basically taking the dulfy explanations and turning it into some sort of crazy dissertation on op boss fighting. Oh and then there's the "Must have TS" etc. people for SM ops heh. Seriously I think half the time new players fail at ops it's from the over complicated explanations people give. Generally the overly complicated mechnics aren't going to be tasked to the noob anyway so their role can often relate to just beating on the boss and avoiding the coloured circles on the ground heh. :P Sure most are slightly more complicated than that but when I was learning ops in PUGs etc. I found it much easier to just ask "Yeah that's great that all that stuff happens but what do you want ME to do?".

Khevar
06.16.2014 , 11:01 AM | #29
Are you deliberately spreading misinformation?
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

We have identified a fix to the ongoing area transition/instancing and connectivity issues that players have been seeing since the release of Game Update 2.8. In order to alleviate these issues, we are going to be doing unscheduled maintenance tomorrow morning (Friday, June 13). During this maintenance, we are going to take the Group Finder Operation queue from 16-Player to 8-Player, as we have found that due to tech issues the servers do not perform well under the load caused by the 16-Player queue. Going forward, we are going to evaluate our options in regards to the Group Finder system to see what the best course of action to take is.

Thank you all for your continued patience while we get this resolved!

-Tait
It was changed from 16 to 8 due to technical problems. Not because "elitest players didn't want to carry the noobs"
Honestly, Alrik.

You go out of your way to be as offensive as possible on this subject. How are you not JUST AS BAD as these so-called "elitist" players?

Edit: I'd also like to suggest an exercise for you. Go visit any of the "Nightmare" progression threads. Look at the leaderboards for the top guilds that play NM content. Then look at posts in the forums by players in those guilds. You'll find Guides, helpful tips, advice, questions answered, etc.

Many of these "elite" players are not only really good at the game, but are proactive towards helping others.

I'd really appreciate it if you would re-evaluate your prejudices, and think about easing off on the nastiness and insults.

ATAMIANM
06.17.2014 , 10:33 AM | #30
Nice post.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Are you deliberately spreading misinformation?

I'd really appreciate it if you would re-evaluate your prejudices, and think about easing off on the nastiness and insults.[/COLOR]