Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The new 16-man bolstered GF Ops - impressions

Icestar
06.12.2014 , 06:51 AM | #11
Not been able to try it since groupfinder is broken on the server I play on.

I hope it will work soon though, I want to try it

Lets hope it works tonight
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

JackNader
06.12.2014 , 01:59 PM | #12
Used it for the first time today for dread fortress. It worked brilliant when I was tanking on my PT.

The second queue I was on my marauder. 2 people disconnected before the first boss and one at the second boss. We could not get any replacements. After all, how many people actually have join raid in progress selected??? Not many. We tried and wiped. After that the raid fell apart.

The only way I can see this group finder working is if Bioware revamp their lockout system. Lockouts should prevent you from receiving coms/gear drops from a boss but STILL allow you to participate in any boss fight.

eg.

Dread fortress

Boss 1 -> completed - > gear / coms lockout
Boss 2 -> Raid falls apart

Requeue

Join a fresh Dread Fortress

Boss 1 -> completed - > No gear or coms due to lockout
Boss 2 - > completed -> gear / coms lockout
ETC.

ArchangelLBC
06.12.2014 , 02:05 PM | #13
Great idea but somehow I feel like that would create programming problems that would prove insurmountable.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

dipstik
06.12.2014 , 02:57 PM | #14
spent an hour in the queue with 8 people, 2 heals and 2 tanks... no pop. it was 9 pm though.

made me wish we could queue for 8 man.

jrwellworth
06.12.2014 , 07:20 PM | #15
Hey-

Well, it seems the point has become moot, as there will no longer be any 16 man group finder operations. As it turns out, they are what broke the game after update 2.8. For the source of this please see dev tracker. I am happy tho, as they are making it an 8 man bolstered group finder, and really, 8 man is always better. The only thing that makes 16 man more desirable, for me, is the extra comms, but I myself do not play for the comms anymore after I learned comm gear is crap and it is the drops I want. In a 8 man team setting, it does not take that long to gear everyone with drops. Hail the return of the 8 man raid.

Really, its all a matter of choice, and playstyle. I like smaller raid settings but others do not, but even though 16 man will no longer be on the bolstered gf Q, the rewards will still be more comms per raid I would assume. It does not seem likley that they will keep the 30 ultimate comm reward for 8 man gf. I may be wrong.
Sandari-60 (kinetic combat) +more <Aeternium Ascension>
<Sith Praxium> B.C. Dread Slayer

MeNaCe-NZ
06.12.2014 , 09:00 PM | #16
The rewards stays as per the dev post. Whether or not they keep the ult comm drops for beating bosses remains to be seen. Sort of makes more sense to keep ult comm drops for bosses in 8M seeing as it's actually harder.

Loc_n_lol
06.12.2014 , 09:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
The rewards stays as per the dev post. Whether or not they keep the ult comm drops for beating bosses remains to be seen. Sort of makes more sense to keep ult comm drops for bosses in 8M seeing as it's actually harder.
There are no ultimate comm drops in 8M.
If the changes go through without affecting the GF rewards, the total comms for a full op will be as follow :
TFB 8M: 42
TFB 16M: 32
S&V 8M: 42
S&V 16M: 40
DF/DP 8M: 46
DF/FP 16M: 36
With 16M being much more advantageous for partial completions.
That actually sounds about fair, OP bolster nonwithstanding.

Of course, what's tragic here is that a lot of people who can only play dps will have a harder time finding a group. Some of them might even need to learn another role. The horror...

MeNaCe-NZ
06.12.2014 , 10:11 PM | #18
Which with bolster should be pretty easy shouldn't it? Simply respect as tank or healer ( most classes have specs for something other than dps surely? ) and the bolster will at least get your tank specs up to the required bolstered amount. What's more ideally you would retain the dps bonus from your existing gear so you would ideally have high dps capability from gear with good tanking from the bolster.

So far no one has confirmed or denied for sure if bolster in GF works this way - the devs did say boslter applied to shield/absorption etc. so I assume it does.

Something else I wonder is how it chooses what bolster to apply. Does it just bolster everything for everyone or does it base it on your role choice when choosing the GF and which role it puts you into?

Still until tomorrow we won't know for sure if they have changed/removed the ult comms for the new 8M GF also. They seemed pretty eager on giving people ult comms and getting them into end game ops etc. so perhaps with only the 1 x 8m GF op you can do each week ( I assume lockouts still apply ) they will give 16m level ult comms as it would have given before they had to forcibly reduce it to 8m due to their own poor testing and optimization? Makes sense if you follow the concept they are practically trying to give ult comms away heh.

Loc_n_lol
06.12.2014 , 10:16 PM | #19
Lockouts apply but ops change every 2-3 days, so presumably you can do 3 ops a week through group finder, per character. We had Scum & Villany tuesday and wednesday, Dread fortress thursday & friday, and I assume Dread palace will last until the weekly reset with TFB coming next.

LJ_Gibbs
06.12.2014 , 10:35 PM | #20
So this server issue has nothing to do with the 6 instances of Nar Shadaa with people wasting their money that they wanna get out of the economy before the guild ships hit eh?

They just don't want to give away 70 coms fr a 16 man SV run.