Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oversight: NM DF bosses still have same HP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Oversight: NM DF bosses still have same HP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Levram
06.17.2014 , 05:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Yep I'm calling BS, sorry. Zero's melee gold-star has roughly 56k HP, while the ranged one has around 120k iirc. Pretty sure they were both at 120k ish before. Sounds like BW just half-a**'d it and pretends it's intended.
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
This. They can't even lie without screwing it up.
LOLOLOL - oh, the conspiracy theories...

Here's a video of my guild's clear of Corruptor Zero with Nightmare Power on. At the 10 second mark you will see me target the D-13 Corruption Droid (with the Nightmare Power buff on him) and his whopping 56K HP.

Perhaps you should both pay closer attention to your nightmare pulls. You've never noticed that the D-13 droids died faster than the D-15 droids? It's a pretty big difference.

Anyway, congratulations on the tinfoil hats. They look great.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

HunterSpetsnaz
06.17.2014 , 07:15 PM | #22
/sarcasm/
Oh, If I understood well, increasing the health of the Guardians of GateCommander Draxus encounter by 120K each was intended?
/end_sarcasm/

HyperAxiom
06.18.2014 , 12:15 AM | #23
The nerf to NiM DF was far too harsh, to the point where some of the encounters feel harder in HM than NiM. Please ask the dev team to consider rescaling the damage output of some of these fights. NiM Nefra, for example, is a total snorefest for everyone, especially tanks. TFB and SNV NiM have stood the test of time and are still tricky to do, but you guys have been extremely lazy with NiM DF and it feels easier now than TFB and SNV are.

WTB Harder NiM Dread Fortress please.
Jetna | Ansten | Benjin | Minnie

Proteus | Blasphemous | Disneyland

Leafy_Bug
06.18.2014 , 03:36 AM | #24
For those complaining it is too easy, you guys do realize progression has shifted to DP NiM , yes? You guys are a small percentage in a game where real progress is done in a handful of teams only. DF NiM posed a challenge for the 7-8 weeks when the window to get it done was available. This was the reason why most got stuck at draxus, a few got to Grobthok, and even less managed to get from one bubble to another at Brontes, especially in 8M.

I will give you an example, TOFN has one imperial guild, Black Forge who killed it first on the server in 8M, Rebel Dream my guild who killed it first on the republic side, 8M, NGE who killed it in 8M shortly after, and NGE again who killed it server first in 16M in week 5 or week 6. Cannot remember exactly but there are three guilds with Conquerors of the Dread Fortress on TOFN. Those who are guildless and have the mount / title they ran with these guilds to get it.

Bottom line: if you had brontes on farm with the NiM buff, you can manage the adds at Grobthok even if the fire does not reduce their HP drastically. You do not need any more help from BW in this instance. Taking 50% less damage from all bosses, healing through missed interrupts at draxus brings it in line with HM with the exception of better teamplay and proper damage requirement. It still is NiM content at the end of the day. People wipe in denova nim even today . Stop asking to be carried .

TACeMossie
06.18.2014 , 05:22 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by HunterSpetsnaz View Post
/sarcasm/
Oh, If I understood well, increasing the health of the Guardians of GateCommander Draxus encounter by 120K each was intended?
/end_sarcasm/
Yeah, the 50% HP increase to guardians as well as the waves having 5 seconds less each makes Draxus a bigger DPS check, even though the heals check is a joke, and most of the time you dont even have to bother interrupting affliction because its damage is so pathetic.

2.8 made Draxus worse for a DPS check while making its healing requirements much easier. I guess the DPS requirements were increased because healers are gonna spend a lot of time DPSing, but I dont think a 50% hp increase and a 9% decrease in time to kill the adds is made up for by having 1 of the healers DPSing.
Kwerty, Level 60 Vanguard on The Harbinger
Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide

CycloH
06.18.2014 , 07:40 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Yeah, the 50% HP increase to guardians as well as the waves having 5 seconds less each makes Draxus a bigger DPS check, even though the heals check is a joke, and most of the time you dont even have to bother interrupting affliction because its damage is so pathetic.

2.8 made Draxus worse for a DPS check while making its healing requirements much easier. I guess the DPS requirements were increased because healers are gonna spend a lot of time DPSing, but I dont think a 50% hp increase and a 9% decrease in time to kill the adds is made up for by having 1 of the healers DPSing.
Yeah that's how I feel as well... in dropping the NM buff, we just expected it would ease the difficulty in one area, not necessarily shift it to another group (in this case now it's the DPS). In all honesty, I have no idea what Axiom is saying in that it was a harsh nerf... we had Draxus on farm throughout the entire 2.7 NM Buff (for the most part ), but we have hit a brick wall all of a sudden with 2.8. We are talking about ways to overcome it, but still... for us it is no way near easier... and DEFINITELY no where near a "nerf". I just highly (but respectfully) disagree with using that word here.

Honestly, this thread has only talked about HP on Guardians for the most part... but like TACeMossie noted above, there was clearly a change to the timing of the ad phases as well... but why? I don't understand the logic in removing a NM buff, but essentially bringing it back in other ways. I feel that this would be easier to swallow if the Devs would explain their reasoning, as opposed to just saying "it's as intended". That makes me personally feel like my opinion is not important.
Hexane Jedi Sentinel.
Hxane Sniper.
Vahex Mercenary
Select Few, A Division of Intrepid Harbinger

-dheco-
06.18.2014 , 09:59 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey folks,

I spoke with the team regarding this, and the health of the bosses in NiM Dread Fortress being left at Nightmare values after the removal of Nightmare Power was intentional. There was some feedback regarding the reversion to Hard Mode values and so the HP was left unchanged.

The removal of Nightmare Power does still lower the damage dealt by the bosses.

-tait
Please can you now go back to them and ask for a detailed explanation to the changes to DF NiM? As it stands none of it makes any sense, you wanted it to more accessible to casual guilds but then left in the dps check that is 9/10 the reason casual guilds cant progress in nightmares. On top of that, add in changes to Draxus that pushes that dps check even further.

If you now want it to be like every other Nightmare, then put back in the Nightmare Power and leave it for people to progress as before, if not then change to how you wanted it originally. Stop screwing your player base about with half baked idea's that achieves nothing for either the hardcore or the casual player.
PC Gamer Mint Imperials
Death Watch Raid Leader

Bombbuster
06.18.2014 , 12:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
I spoke with the team regarding this, and the health of the bosses in NiM Dread Fortress being left at Nightmare values after the removal of Nightmare Power was intentional.
Yeah right. That doesn't even begin to pass the smell test. And here I thought the lie of the week was going to be "We can't provide the subpoenaed emails because Ms. Learner's computer crashed."
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zo: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

idnewton
06.19.2014 , 02:05 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Levram View Post
LOLOLOL - oh, the conspiracy theories...

Here's a video of my guild's clear of Corruptor Zero with Nightmare Power on. At the 10 second mark you will see me target the D-13 Corruption Droid (with the Nightmare Power buff on him) and his whopping 56K HP.

Perhaps you should both pay closer attention to your nightmare pulls. You've never noticed that the D-13 droids died faster than the D-15 droids? It's a pretty big difference.

Anyway, congratulations on the tinfoil hats. They look great.
LOLOLOL - oh, the ignorance...

Here's a picture of you being completely wrong. At the 1:12 mark in your video you will see the D-15 Corruption Droid with a whopping 175.5k.

Perhaps you should pay closer attention to your nightmare pulls. You've never noticed that the D-15 droid has a completely different HP amount with Nightmare Power off? It's a pretty big difference.

Anyways, congratulations on the dunce cap. It suits your attitude.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 21
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

Levram
06.19.2014 , 12:12 PM | #30
LOLOLOL - oh, the ignorance...

Here's a picture of you being completely wrong. At the 1:12 mark in your video you will see the D-15 Corruption Droid with a whopping 175.5k.

Perhaps you should pay closer attention to your nightmare pulls. You've never noticed that the D-15 droid has a completely different HP amount with Nightmare Power off? It's a pretty big difference.

Anyways, congratulations on the dunce cap. It suits your attitude.
Your reading comprehension skills need a bit of a brush-up.
Yep I'm calling BS, sorry. Zero's melee gold-star has roughly 56k HP, while the ranged one has around 120k iirc. Pretty sure they were both at 120k ish before. Sounds like BW just half-a**'d it and pretends it's intended.
Quote: Originally Posted by Levram View Post
You claimed that the melee Elites (D-13s) had roughly 120K HP when Nightmare Power was on and that it was changed to 56K when Nightmare Power was turned off. I provided you with the evidence that your claim was false. I didn't say a word about the ranged Elite (D-15) droids other than the fact that the D-13s died faster than the D-15s when Nightmare Power was on, which is true.

Also, the developers only said that "the health of the bosses in NiM Dread Fortress being left at Nightmare values after the removal of Nightmare Power was intentional." I don't consider an add to be the boss and if they felt like making HP adjustments to the adds, so be it.

And the only reason I posted sarcastically in response to you is because you accused the Developers of being "half-a**'d" and lying to the community, when in fact you were the one who was wrong. That's such a productive attitude to hold for your first post in this thread.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands