Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Area Transition Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nagasurayami
06.13.2014 , 05:50 AM | #411
Sounds to me like you need to do what Arenanet did, engine was outdated and wouldn't allow them to add the features and mechanics that were required, needed and requested, and as a result Guild Wars 2 was made. Hell even WoW has ripped its engine apart and recreated it to allow them to achieve what their fanbase want. I will never understand why SWTOR would clone vanilla WoW when the features in vanilla wow were so limited in comparison to the custom engine they are using now.

This game really should have been made on a custom built engine... A much better investment of the hundreds of millions than voice acting that people play through once, after this all we ever do is skip it because it just gets boring to hear the same FP & OP dialogues over and over...

BuriDogshin
06.13.2014 , 05:55 AM | #412
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Just got in the server after new patch.
Groupfinder still says 16 man on one 55 toon, and on another 55 there is no GF for ops option at all.
Check your lockouts on the latter toon. Before the patch, the GF op did not even appear if you were locked out.
Z'nnah/Src- Z-ko/Op - Z'brah/Sin- Z'licious/Snp- Z'yla/Jg - Z'rawks/Mrc- Z'lot/PT- Z'reign/Src- Mewsic/Mar- Z'noform/Jg
Z'rho/Guar - Z'abrak/Scou - C'enna/Sage - Cymarose/Vang- C'rene/20'GS - C'deuced/21'Shad
Harbinger

slafko
06.13.2014 , 06:06 AM | #413
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagasurayami View Post
Sounds to me like you need to do what Arenanet did, engine was outdated and wouldn't allow them to add the features and mechanics that were required, needed and requested, and as a result Guild Wars 2 was made.
I for one hope BW doesn't go all ArenaNet on us and smegs up the SWTOR game with a horrible SWTOR2-MyLittlePony crossover.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

DarthVengeant
06.13.2014 , 06:22 AM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by BuriDogshin View Post
Check your lockouts on the latter toon. Before the patch, the GF op did not even appear if you were locked out.
A guildy is having the same problem and he did no GF ops on any toon. He logged in his main and it still shows 16 man, then logged to an alt (55) and no GF at all.

Nagasurayami
06.13.2014 , 06:27 AM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I for one hope BW doesn't go all ArenaNet on us and smegs up the SWTOR game with a horrible SWTOR2-MyLittlePony crossover.
I am not saying I want a GW2 or WoW clone far from it, simply looking for a game engine that is capable of handling more. It does not bode well for the future though if we can't have 16man GF OP's it makes me wonder if the GSH expansion will deliver...

Lets hope the server can handle 8 players in the houses...

I think this also proves that any form of guild capital ship battles or boarding party PvP etc with more than 8 players will be impossible for the engine...

BuriDogshin
06.13.2014 , 06:28 AM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
A guildy is having the same problem and he did no GF ops. He logged in his main and it still shows 16 man, then logged to an alt and no GF at all.
Whether he did GF is not the question. I pug'd DF 16m SM the normal way on one of my Sorcs Tuesday evening, and when DF rotated into GF yesterday it did not appear on that Sorc's DF panel because he was locked out.

Lockouts are apparently shared between GF ops and non-GF ops. Hopefully the GF op schedule will be non-random and made known so people can plan their raiding accordingly.
Z'nnah/Src- Z-ko/Op - Z'brah/Sin- Z'licious/Snp- Z'yla/Jg - Z'rawks/Mrc- Z'lot/PT- Z'reign/Src- Mewsic/Mar- Z'noform/Jg
Z'rho/Guar - Z'abrak/Scou - C'enna/Sage - Cymarose/Vang- C'rene/20'GS - C'deuced/21'Shad
Harbinger

Rafaman
06.13.2014 , 06:38 AM | #417
Just opened up GF and it still says it is a 16man Op for the random level 55 Ops.

So... which is it?

BW, seriously, what is going on? I am in SW and HW development. I know the challenges, but... this is getting embarrassing.

albeva
06.13.2014 , 07:56 AM | #418
It is 8 man. Even though it says 16.

Also:

No ultimate commendations!

Just did a run (The Red Eclipse) and nada. zip. nothing. 0, zero, nil ultimate comms for the run

Thanks. bugs bugs so many bugs

Rafaman
06.13.2014 , 08:41 AM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by albeva View Post
It is 8 man. Even though it says 16.

Also:

No ultimate commendations!

Just did a run (The Red Eclipse) and nada. zip. nothing. 0, zero, nil ultimate comms for the run

Thanks. bugs bugs so many bugs
Nice... so... it is a defeature.

TUXs
06.13.2014 , 09:05 AM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by gocard View Post
I'm sorry, what?! Increasing group size from 8 to 16 is causing server load issues? How can that be? The software engineer in me is extremely curious and also highly skeptical.
Inorite!!! Just like when they claimed increasing guild caps would do the same thing, or increasing the number of active missions "I" could have would somehow hurt server performance as well. I'm not a programmer, so maybe someone who knows WHY these, seemingly miniscule, things impact server performance so much, could explain to me HOW that's the case.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)