Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Area Transition Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GeneralTegelsten
06.12.2014 , 12:43 PM | #321
Anyone else have problems with "invisible walls"?
And no, it is not a graphic error from my side, because these walls may appear in places where they obviously shouldn't be, like in a door

Yaanos
06.12.2014 , 12:43 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
During this maintenance, we are going to take the Group Finder Operation queue from 16-Player to 8-Player
Hi Tait,

Is it just the group size you're reducing, or is it the rewards and the rolling ops schedule? i.e. are you rolling back to pre 2.8?

Thanks,

Giga
Astromech
Bodyguard Mercenary
The Red Eclipse
<PC Gamer Mint Imperials>

TaitWatson
06.12.2014 , 12:44 PM | #323 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Yaanos View Post
Hi Tait,

Is it just the group size you're reducing, or is it the rewards and the rolling ops schedule? i.e. are you rolling back to pre 2.8?

Thanks,

Giga
It is just the group size that is being reduced.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Yaanos
06.12.2014 , 12:44 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by GeneralTegelsten View Post
Anyone else have problems with "invisible walls"?
And no, it is not a graphic error from my side, because these walls may appear in places where they obviously shouldn't be, like in a door
That is a connection issue, you're loosing connection or getting server lag and so the client is preventing you from moving any further so that you can't get to place you shouldn't
Astromech
Bodyguard Mercenary
The Red Eclipse

Yaanos
06.12.2014 , 12:47 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
It is just the group size that is being reduced.
Thanks Tait! To be honest, and probably incidentally, I think that may be better in the long run. Not sure if it was intended or not, but when I did S&V last night via group finder all the boss HP was at 8-man mode and it made it too quick and a little boring
Astromech
Bodyguard Mercenary
The Red Eclipse

Jerba
06.12.2014 , 12:48 PM | #326
Of all the things that could cause these problems, this is laughable. The engine can't handle 16-man groupfinder groups?
It is not really a surprise that SWTOR has a terrible engine, but I can't believe that you didn't realize this before the patch, and that the only solution you see, is removing 16-man from group finder.
So to summarize, 2.8 nightmare progression was destroyed because the groupfinder catered to the brainless 16-man story mode PuGs instead of hardcore players? Now, I am a big fan of this game, but situations like these make me mad.

Brewski
06.12.2014 , 12:49 PM | #327
Excellent. Glad to hear it's being addressed. Long term I still think it would be cool for it to return to the 16 man GF Ops queue, but in the mean time I'd rather have the game playable.

sithaztec
06.12.2014 , 12:50 PM | #328
Can we get a time window for the patch to help plan ops? Or did I miss that. Also, are the DF NiM bosses getting a reduction in HP as planned for dropping the buff? Thanks.

TaitWatson
06.12.2014 , 12:52 PM | #329 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by sithaztec View Post
Can we get a time window for the patch to help plan ops? Or did I miss that. Also, are the DF NiM bosses getting a reduction in HP as planned for dropping the buff? Thanks.
I'll post a time window as soon as I have one.

The NiM Dread Fortress HP is something that is being looked into, but is not going to be in the patch tomorrow.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SnickerJew
06.12.2014 , 12:55 PM | #330
I find it deplorable that no Bioware staff has address that they utterly ruined the DP NiM progression race for so many guilds & some have even disbanded, or come close to disbanding, because of this. We won't see new PvE Operations content for another what 6-8 months and this is how 2.8 opens? Really unfortunate.