Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Area Transition Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mornyr
06.10.2014 , 09:54 PM | #201
Welcome to programming, everyone, and quit your pointless whining. If you want to unsub, then just frickin' unsub. If you want to report problems, this isn't the place to do it, as they've clearly stated. Anything else you have to say here is most likely useless.

Lunafox
06.10.2014 , 09:58 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Baalzamon View Post
2 days to fix? You guys guys really fired alot of people. Its like 1 guy and 2 monkeys working on this game now.
Nah, that's grossly exaggerated. They're actually down to only one monkey. That's it.
Bioware! Make Lord Scourge MATTER in KOTET!
The Foundation of All Desire
Spy Vs. Spy
Marr

BuriDogshin
06.10.2014 , 10:09 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by danielocdh View Post
Well, for me it would be better they take them down until they are fixed, that way they get more pressure to fix it.
Nonsense, software engineering and bug hunts do not work that way; I suspect you have done neither.
And besides, leaving the servers up gives the player base a chance to find even MORE bugs.
Going Preferred January 31, 2015.

jamarkast
06.10.2014 , 11:01 PM | #204
Can some of you really not wait two days to play this game?
May the Force be with you. is... is that how it goes? yes, may the Force be with you.

Rafaman
06.10.2014 , 11:42 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by jamarkast View Post
Can some of you really not wait two days to play this game?
It won't be 2 days anyway. The will pad and under commit to over deliver.

People just like to whine.

Rafaman
06.10.2014 , 11:50 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I still think a live copy of the server for PTS is the way to go.
I've worked with similar setups where live copy was used and it didn't work. It didn't work because the environment was never the same even though it started as a live copy testing. Quite simply it came down to this, you can start as copy exact, but as soon as the first promotion hits the PTS that needs to be tested, it no longer is copy exact. The risk of contaminating production servers is too great to copy exact to all servers for the sake of PTS testing. Net, net, as soon as the PTS gets the promotion it is a different environment all together.

No, the only really option is to actually to do live testing on the production servers during patch down time. That would require and increase in down time (from 4 hours to 8 hours etc.) and as you can see from the responses in these forums, players don't have the patience. It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for BW.

NarakuKiba
06.11.2014 , 12:05 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
I've worked with similar setups where live copy was used and it didn't work. It didn't work because the environment was never the same even though it started as a live copy testing. Quite simply it came down to this, you can start as copy exact, but as soon as the first promotion hits the PTS that needs to be tested, it no longer is copy exact. The risk of contaminating production servers is too great to copy exact to all servers for the sake of PTS testing. Net, net, as soon as the PTS gets the promotion it is a different environment all together.

No, the only really option is to actually to do live testing on the production servers during patch down time. That would require and increase in down time (from 4 hours to 8 hours etc.) and as you can see from the responses in these forums, players don't have the patience. It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for BW.
My man's right. I'm a indie developer and as one even i can only imagine the insanity these guys got going on right now. As both a developer and as a player, this game is a real marvel. As been since I played the early betas.

Madrayne
06.11.2014 , 12:08 AM | #209
Guys i have a big problem with my game. Tryed to loging in, and it said that my password or display name is incorrect. I changed nothing.... and everything worked just a few hours before.

djmtott
06.11.2014 , 12:11 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Madrayne View Post
Guys i have a big problem with my game. Tryed to loging in, and it said that my password or display name is incorrect. I changed nothing.... and everything worked just a few hours before.
Login server is down