Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Area Transition Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
06.10.2014 , 01:21 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
To be fair, doing a rollback after they just implemented a gambling system would be catastrophic... the people who got lucky and won a rancor on their 4th try would go berzerk...
Better to upset the few people who got lucky than to prevent ~80% of your players from playing...wouldn't you agree?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer 7-day free sub Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Joesixxpack
06.10.2014 , 01:22 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamReith View Post
Seems to be a server issue... Most of my toons are on Red Eclipse where I can't log in but I can log in the PvP server TOFN
^ Another reason why people should be rolling on PVP servers instead of PVE.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

Darth_Wicked
06.10.2014 , 01:22 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
LOL! Clever name!
I like this one myself...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...77&postcount=4

Reno_Tarshil
06.10.2014 , 01:26 PM | #94
I guess it was a good thing I had to re-install my game today. Things are coming up Reno.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

yoomazir
06.10.2014 , 01:26 PM | #95
Lol, looks like I am also a F2P player now? Even if I have a 6 months recurring subscription...

idnewton
06.10.2014 , 01:26 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Ah, but you know what rhymes with war? tor.
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Welcome to Game Update 2.8: Bugs of Tor!
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +30,000

I'm beginning to realize that us champions of denial who've stuck around all this time are the true Knights of this Fallen Empire that is the SWTOR itself. Just as in the Eternal Empire, this game has fallen due pride, lack of direction, and all-around incompetence.

Subbed from Dec. 15th, 2011 to Jan. 23rd, 2016. Left the game due to BioWare's ignorance, arrogance, and apathy.

Reno_Tarshil
06.10.2014 , 01:27 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Ah, but you know what rhymes with war? tor.

Welcome to Game Update 2.8: Spoils of S'mores?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

MidichIorian
06.10.2014 , 01:28 PM | #98
Let's just pretend that a rollback is the only option; Do rollbacks affect cartel packs?

It would be idiotic to release new cartel items/packs at the same time as a big patch if it did, seeing how the risk of something going wrong is significally increased.

TUXs
06.10.2014 , 01:28 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Bah! And by Joe no less...very good indeed!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer 7-day free sub Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

martybolluyt
06.10.2014 , 01:29 PM | #100
In my opinion the best way to fix this is to set back the status of the game to 2.7.x, so the developers can use all the time they need to fix and re-release 2.8. A great manager would have thought of this within an hour after this patch was released, therefor stopped everything, brought the servers back to the previous status, explained everything publicly to their customers/players, and made sure the patch would go live again a week later then planned. They were able to postpone the housing with 4 months, so why not able to postpone patch 2.8 with 1 week? Is the pressure of meeting unrealistic deadlines so high? All for the sake of 'saving a few coins' by trying to meet the demand of higher management who, doesn't seem to have a clue of the impact each patch will have as they probably don't play themselves and therefor aren't able to 'see the problem behind the numbers on their papersheets'? Let me be clear: I'm a paying subscriber since the start of this game in 2011. What will be our compensation this time, beside a 'we are sorry for the inconvinience'? All subscribers get a free month?, preferred 2 weeks and f2p 1 week? That would be reasonable I guess ...