Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quick Travel & Fleet Pass cooldowns broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Quick Travel & Fleet Pass cooldowns broken
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
06.10.2014 , 12:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
You actually don't know much about software development do you?

Since it's been confirmed as a bug--it was probably an unintentional consequence of some change they made. Bugs happen, things get missed. No need to get snitty about it, those are people on the other end who make mistakes just like you did.

The important thing is that they've recognized it as such in a very swift manner (only an hour after the servers came live) and are looking into a fix.
Why would he need to? Are YOU planning to fix these bugs with your vast experience in software development? Of course it was UNINTENTIONAL, nobody thinks otherwise and Tait admitted as much well before your reply...but this is also a paid for service - if my cable goes out, I'll complain. If my dinner is cold at a restaurant, I'll complain. SWTOR isn't working well, I'll complain...know why? Because I'm paying for it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Cyberberus
06.10.2014 , 04:54 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
This freaking bug was reported one month ago in the PTS forum! They intentionally let this bug slip through to the live servers. They were fully aware of this bug, but as always, too lazy to fix it.

Biowares motto is and always was: "Break first, fix later... maybe."
If it doesn't "break" the game the schedule must be kept regardless, Slots were PROMISED on June 10th and by the gawds they WILL BE RELEASED on the 10th ... even if paid for perks are broken in the process.

XiamaraSimi
06.10.2014 , 04:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
How soon are we talking Tait? Today? Tomorrow? This game is plagued with excessive loading screens and this was the only thing making SWTOR less annoying. What is your goal? Will servers be taken down off schedule to fix it?
Well /say was broken what 2 months ago, they "say" it should be fixed now (rp happns at night for me so can't check til then so don't know if its fixed yet) but if you want a confirmed timeline of BioFixes™ go with /says 2 month timeline
The Xiamara Legacy Jung Ma Nightmare Squadron
Simi, Anyamara, Anyankha, Apollimi, Xiamara, Betanya, S'imi, Kitsune'tsuki, Shi'ara, Tayanna, Asuka
BIOWARE PLEASE FIX THE BROKEN IMPERIAL SOR INTROS, ITS BEEN 8+ MONTHS!

LydMekk
06.10.2014 , 05:11 PM | #24
Shortened quick travel is not affected by Your unlocks after todays patch 10.06.2014.

30min inst of 15.

Need a fix.

Romaeus
06.10.2014 , 07:34 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by nobodytoo View Post
hi all, despite the having all the legacy perks, fleet travel cooldown is now 3 hours (from none) and quick travel is back to 30 mins (from 10). is this intended or is this a bug?

i hope it's not intended, i already miss them.
Your right, I was trying to rush back to the fleet to pick up a daily, then realised my cool-down for fleet pass was 3 hours, even with the legacy unlocks to reduce the cool-down to 0.

maelstromicus
06.10.2014 , 08:20 PM | #26
I found a fix to the bugs after a lot of trial and error. I logged out & went to watch TV instead. Worked perfectly
Waiting for the forums to allow my sig, or indeed any pic sig...

Chinscream
06.10.2014 , 09:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
This freaking bug was reported one month ago in the PTS forum! They intentionally let this bug slip through to the live servers. They were fully aware of this bug, but as always, too lazy to fix it.

Biowares motto is and always was: "Break first, fix later... maybe."
If it's true and they did know about the bug then Bioware really dropped the ball on this one. Isn't the whole point of the Test Servers to find and make sure bugs like this never happen when they are made public?

wizzlestick
06.11.2014 , 09:17 AM | #28
So there was no Hotfix yesterday or today I see.

Did we ever get an official statement from them giving an ETA so we know if we have to deal with this for just a matter of days, or is this typical to linger for weeks?

It may seem small but honestly that was my favorite ability/upgrade in the game, and makes me not even want to travel around anymore until it's fixed. I know I am not alone here because half my guild won't stop complaining about it either

aoCazzo
06.11.2014 , 09:47 AM | #29
Nope, no ETA or info. I'll say the earliest they'll fix it is today, the latest is never (or hopefully by the next patch cycle in 3 weeks...)

maelstromicus
06.11.2014 , 07:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by aoCazzo View Post
Nope, no ETA or info. I'll say the earliest they'll fix it is today, the latest is never (or hopefully by the next patch cycle in 3 weeks...)
Well, if they leave it 3 weeks, I shudder to imagine the amount of unsubs. I know I almost rage unsubbed twice today myself. The game is severely unplayable, at least for the first 2 hours of playing I found. For some mad reason it seemed to settle down again after I was logged in for 2 hours? Perhaps there's an inbuilt bug cooldown feature now?

Seriously, the lack of a proper announcement, or even a proper apology is the thing that is making me madder by the hour. In every other MMO I've ever played, the very least they normally do is issue a forum release apologising! Granted, it still takes time after to fix things, but at least you (as a paying customer) feel you're being communicated with, rather than simply taken for granted (or a ride)!!!
Waiting for the forums to allow my sig, or indeed any pic sig...