Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resolve Bar for PvE Content… Must Needed Change...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Resolve Bar for PvE Content… Must Needed Change...

Jamalzero
06.09.2014 , 06:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
You're still alive Jamal?

Anywho the boss mobs for the Oricon heroic that do continuous stuns would be appreciated for this.
Yeah I'm still alive lol

After the 1st reply i thought the thread would die so i didn't revisit it until today to see the support it got lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
Well... that would kind of help for the champion mobs on Oricon, but it does nothing for large mobs. Take Hammer Station HM, where every single npc of strong rating has a knockback. Or the black hole heroic... pull push pull push pull push... Doesn't matter how long the cooldown is, they use it as soon as they can, in turns.
Black Hole is the biggest headache ever… doing that on a Sorc is so frustrating i have given up on Soloing the heroic. On my Merc/Jug/Op/Sniper/PT/Sin I can do it solo but its still annoying but on my sorc where i have to channel every thing and i get stunned/pushed/pulled every 2 sec its a bit much and even if I'm in a group BC my sorc is almost 180 geared i rip aggro quick and the same thing happens.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
while it can be annoying solo, I don't mind it too much. its when trying to tank in a group, that's where I get annoyed. becasue
1 - you cannot interrupt instant cast abilities.
2. not all of them stun you, some just throw you around, so stun breakers are worthless. and your gap closer still has cooldown and it just makes tanking more stressful. it can already be challenging when your group is spread out and you are tanking on a jug with no pull or ranged attacks to speak of :/

not sure if resolve bar will solve it. I'd rather they lay off instant cast ragdolling abilities. keep the ones you can interrupt, becasue at least those you can do something about.
Yeah this is my point and in Fps like say the Tactical ones and you're 4 DPSing it (i know you could queue group but not all of us do this all the time) the Jedi/Sith boss at the end of KDY my God what was Bioware thinking…. that Boss is by far the Nightmare of any Range DPS you can't sit still to do anything for more than 8 sec (half a rotation) i get that they might have thought lets get the newbies raid awareness up early so when they hit 55 they will move out of stupid… but 2 AOE stuns every 5 sec and a knock back every 15 sec is a bit much not to mention once you get the bastard down to 25% or so he jump to you (interrupting your current channel) and stunning you for 2 sec with project… and he does this to everyone randomly (possible to get hit 3 times in a row) I like the trooper guy and the droid more than the Jedi/sith… OH and don't let me move only to have been pushed INTO an AOE stun from someone that was behind me…. i hate flying through the air only to land and then CHOKE or LIFT then while I'm choked he places another one down b4 i can get out of the first one and then DOUBLE CHOKE…..
Solo capping nodes is what I do best... If you're solo defending, prepare to be stun locked and killed!
"I like the way you die boy."
-Django

DarthSylar
06.09.2014 , 06:57 AM | #12
Hey Jamal

Asheris
06.09.2014 , 07:42 AM | #13
The only MMO out there that I know and did it good...Lord of the Rings Online. After your character gets stunned or otherwise controled and after the effect expires you get a buff that lasts a minute or so (don't remember the exact amout of time, been a while) and during this time you cannot be stunned/dazed/blinded again.

Works great in both pve and pvp.

Jamalzero
06.11.2014 , 05:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
Hey Jamal
Hey hows it going? Did mom tell you I got advanced to the next pay grade off the last exam cycle? Im now an YN2/E-5. WOOT WOOT!

Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
The only MMO out there that I know and did it good...Lord of the Rings Online. After your character gets stunned or otherwise controled and after the effect expires you get a buff that lasts a minute or so (don't remember the exact amout of time, been a while) and during this time you cannot be stunned/dazed/blinded again.

Works great in both pve and pvp.
If only they incorporated that into this game… Blackhole would be soooooooo much better… Half the reason I don't do dailies now… Id rather speed run through Red Reaper (10min FP at lv 55 and a nice 65k Pay off… Much faster than dailies with a better income).
Solo capping nodes is what I do best... If you're solo defending, prepare to be stun locked and killed!
"I like the way you die boy."
-Django

ivanhedgehog
06.11.2014 , 07:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
Just interrupt them.
6 mobs with push and pulls (instantaneous btw) 1 interrupt............. you do the math......

DomiSotto
06.11.2014 , 07:48 AM | #16
At least a chance to resist those effects would be nice. It would be even nicer if it would be an ability for a class that is hard to do in the solo PvE such as a Sage/Sorc. Don't throw stones! Maybe it's all about L2P, but my Sage has no survavibility on her own, and I am reluctant to try a Sorc solo, and the only reason is that I am not sure I can manage the game after my Sage had to call in the cavalry on every damn class quest Boss battle, Okay?

TUXs
06.11.2014 , 08:28 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
Just interrupt them.
LOL!

Bioware's love of stuns, knockbacks, pushes and pulls extends into PvE enough that I would love to see Resolve extend into PvE as well...Resolve sucks, but it's better than nothing.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

JasonNH
06.11.2014 , 08:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
6 mobs with push and pulls (instantaneous btw) 1 interrupt............. you do the math.....
This. Plus, honoring the resolve outside of PvP would allow PvE focused players to become acquainted with the mechanic and when it's best to use their CC break and other cool downs, helping them transition to PvP if they get a late start. With the PvP relics being so eagerly sought by raiders, I know plenty of people who only begin PvP at level 55 just to get them. Having a head start on dealing with resolve would be beneficial. Besides, I think it would just make the daily grinds more fun if the mechanic was there and gave you something extra with which you can interact.
Going into carbonite until the multiplayer returns to the MMO

TUXs
06.11.2014 , 08:51 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonNH View Post
This. Plus, honoring the resolve outside of PvP would allow PvE focused players to become acquainted with the mechanic and when it's best to use their CC break and other cool downs, helping them transition to PvP if they get a late start. With the PvP relics being so eagerly sought by raiders, I know plenty of people who only begin PvP at level 55 just to get them. Having a head start on dealing with resolve would be beneficial. Besides, I think it would just make the daily grinds more fun if the mechanic was there and gave you something extra with which you can interact.
Excellent point!!! Great reply!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ivanhedgehog
06.11.2014 , 09:14 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Excellent point!!! Great reply!!!
in COH break free powers persisted for 30 seconds. you could also carry inspirations to pop to get you free. those lasted 30 seconds. you wouldnt use you breakfree power and then get held a second time by the same power.