Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Very hard strike from WildStar.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Very hard strike from WildStar.

SirMannii
06.11.2014 , 01:57 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
That has to be the most hopeful post I have ever read. I can guarantee you that there were WAY more people pvpers last summer then so far this year.
No, the queues were long as **** last summer. I remember clearly. It was a total hell to get WZ pops under 5 minutes and everyone said "Swtor is dying, Guild Wars have killed this game". Please everyone.....just play the game or do not if you find it no one else is playing with you.
Gunslinger | Sentinel || Marauder | Sniper
Manzii iiiiiiiiii Manniiz iii Mannii iiiiiiiiManiiz
iiiiiii iiiiiii iiiiiiii
<RUTHLESS> TOFN EU <Kansas City Shuffle>

Cordorian
06.11.2014 , 02:10 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMannii View Post
Oh my wookie. This discussion again. No, Swtor is not dying. It's summer! SUMMER! Same wining every summer about low population in Warzone queues etc etc. Please, it is exactly the same population as last summer. Bioware is working on next major expansion (Makeb-size) and it will probably be released next spring, but we will see a lot of new stuff this fall already and when they announce Season 2 rewards players will start playing ranked again.
plz, dont fool yourself, last summer your server tofn became the european pvp hub, with almost every serious pvp guild moving there. not even half a year later most of these guilds don't exist anymore and the players a nowhere to be found (no not even on other servers), and this has absolutely nothing to do with wildstar.
It is alright, you still get your pops and if you enjoy the game it is fine, yet the fact is many veteran players have already left the game for good and wildstar in this context is not the reason but just something else to play. And all this isn't really about regular wzs, they will always pop, it pvers needing their brutalizer relics or just passing team before ops start and some regstar heros, premades and stuff. The quality, if you pay attention, of the regs has ridiculously dimished btw, to the point that would not advice anyone to enter wzs without friends because it can be outright painful. Ranked and competitive pvp is pretty much dead. The dominant guilds of 8v8 are almost all gone, the top players of team ranked season 1 mostly gone and looking at the team ranked leaders boards right now, i can assure you that most of the people you see at the top places there are playing something else (and are not just doing summer holidays).
This is not the end of swtor, since yeah it is star wars, people will play it until something else star wars related comes out. But the core of what was good pvpers has left, because in a way they were bored of this game in the end. Imagine Roudy (from your server), queuing team ranked every day with his team and mostly facerolling everyone, it get boring after a while for both sides. And his team might have been the best arena team in the game, but i am sure there is more competition out there in the game world than tofn had to offer in the end.
New name can pop up now, we have seen it on TRE after the big 8v8 teams left last summer, but with the samer amount of pvp focused people i have my doubts it will work.

KalElc
06.11.2014 , 04:57 AM | #113
As it happen back to 8v8 Removal: The vast majority of Pvp players escape from swtor . New Heros! will appear to take over . If u talk about the quality of players left, idk Judge for your self . This game is more Casual now? idk. Swtor Still fun to play? ah yes (for me at list) . How about Competitive? hm , is it in our lvl of satisfaction? meh.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - FOXHOUND
Skyrush (Marauder) / Sky'lash (Mercenary)
Sky'ventress (Sentinel)

LucasEighty
06.11.2014 , 07:25 AM | #114
Most people from Diablo 3 & GW2 came back

ESO is just another fantasy mmo (market really needed that) & Wildstar just looks like some bootleg poormans swtor, so yeah they will be back

The only thing that will kill this game is swtor2, simply because its starwars & other mmo's arent
Harbinger
Wrath of Xedrix
Lucasjodokast | Duke-nukem | Gambit

TUXs
06.11.2014 , 09:01 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMannii View Post
Oh my wookie. This discussion again. No, Swtor is not dying. It's summer! SUMMER! Same wining every summer about low population in Warzone queues etc etc. Please, it is exactly the same population as last summer. Bioware is working on next major expansion (Makeb-size) and it will probably be released next spring, but we will see a lot of new stuff this fall already and when they announce Season 2 rewards players will start playing ranked again.
LOL! I love how the excuse for the decline in population last fall was "summer vacation is over, the kids are back in school".

It is NOT the exact same population as last summer, it's drastically lower and only a complete twit would think otherwise.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Smuglebunny
06.11.2014 , 10:09 AM | #116
Every time a new game comes out the forums of every other game predict doom. I've been watching this for 10 years.

And wildstar? I just watched a PVP youtube video with what appeared to be a small female wolverine like character with purple claws fighting a battle with some of the worst graphics I have seen in 2014 and hitting like, 9, 43, 38, 29,2, 14 for damage, health bars at like 5k. It looks rediculous and I have no intrest. In fact the LOOK of SWTOR pvp cant be matched anywhere in my opinion. Even though the mechanics and rules surrounding it are not the best.

Also at this point I dont think I can get into something without a backstory, and I'm just tuckered out on fantasy animal people dwarves elves etc. I know you could just say SW is the same thing in space but, there is something about it that makes it more interesting for some reason. No thanks wildstar.

Savej
06.11.2014 , 10:10 AM | #117
The pop is lower and those promises are turning out to be weak (wasn't 2.8 supposed to be the "biggest patch ever"? I know why it isn't and wouldn't mention it if it was the only hot air we've gotten lately). The fact that we still haven't heard anything about the "big expansion" due in less than 7 mos is extremely suspicious. And the housing addition doesn't sound as feature rich or interactive as Wildstar's is or Wow's will be - swtor typically, reluctantly, is just playing catchup in a mediocre way.

helpmewin
06.11.2014 , 10:46 AM | #118
The main problem is why so many good players left? A lot of bads full wz-s. I re-dps sorcs in 1.5 times lol as infiltration shadow, this is ok? I think not. Guardians not use ED. Idk what to do next....
Referral link - get free 7 sub days and free transfer.

PloGreen
06.11.2014 , 11:13 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by DerTaran View Post
With the Soccer World Championship the number of players will decline further. At least outside the US.
Outside of the US we call it the World Cup, and its football. Sorry to be picky.

funkiestj
06.11.2014 , 11:28 AM | #120
Thanks, that was great for a laugh! I'm unenthusiastically playing WildStar but I haven't ventured to their forums yet.

So true about the same ol' same ol' "sky is falling threads".

The beautiful thing about the time up to launch + 6 months is you can hope that the critical *to you) issues will be fixed soon.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?