Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is all this cash coming from?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Where is all this cash coming from?

JacksonMo
06.08.2014 , 09:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
You're given a full set of 156 gear the first time you run Oricon. The next time you run it as dailies, you now have plenty of gear to run it quickly.
Ummm... No, no you don't. Not solo. Oricon was specifically designed for group play. 156 gear is fine for most of it, but the elite bosses require a bit more if you hope to solo it.

JacksonMo
06.08.2014 , 09:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GavinBail View Post
I see items on the GTN for 10 million. How does one go about getting anything like this amount of cash? I've been level 55 for a couple of weeks and I think my best day of trying to get cash was something like 250K. Do some people just save up for a month or two or am I missing some major source of income? It is from Opps or Fps? I am on at odd times so I have mostly been playing solo.
Crafting mostly. Like someone else said, alot of people have had several toons at level cap for more than a year.
All those alts gather mats cheaper than GTN prices which I convert into gear people need.
NOT spending money on the latest Cartel speeder, gear or pet also helps.

JordanBlake
06.08.2014 , 03:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Ummm... No, no you don't. Not solo. Oricon was specifically designed for group play. 156 gear is fine for most of it, but the elite bosses require a bit more if you hope to solo it.
Even the Heroic can be solo'ed in 156's easily enough if you play your class correctly. What are you talking about?

JacksonMo
06.08.2014 , 06:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JordanBlake View Post
Even the Heroic can be solo'ed in 156's easily enough if you play your class correctly. What are you talking about?
Of course stealth can do the heroic solo. I'd love to see you thread past groups of mobs solo with a non-stealth class. I smell a troll.

Khevar
06.08.2014 , 08:34 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Only the Herioc 2+ was designed for Group play. You can tell, because the name says "2+" in it.

The REST of Oricon was designed to be done solo.

As a matter of fact, I did it completely solo (less the Heroic) on my brand new Commando a few days ago, wearing 156 gear. And by "solo" I mean no companion out at all.

The Heroic, on the other hand, I wasn't able to do (even with a companion out) until I got better gear.

Kulyok
06.09.2014 , 12:32 AM | #16
As a matter of fact, I did it completely solo (less the Heroic) on my brand new Commando a few days ago, wearing 156 gear. And by "solo" I mean no companion out at all.

The Heroic, on the other hand, I wasn't able to do (even with a companion out) until I got better gear.
Quite so, same with me. I can't do the heroic, but I can solo Oricon on any class in Makeb gear with a healing Makeb-geared companion. Slower than 20 minutes, definitely, but it's nice and soloable.

Speaking of dailies, Czerka's soloable from level 51 in Makeb gear, though it's much easier from level 53. It's a definite 15-minute run and it will net you ~40k.

I think creds are not easy to come by, but you can get a hundred thousand a day or so via crafting, if you know what brings you(you, personally) money on GTN. Purple hilts, purple barrels, stims, adrenals, augments, armor mods, companion gifts, mats - everyone wants these. Heck, just get to level 20, tour Nar Shaddaa and sell Chanlon and Genetic anomalies.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Khevar
06.09.2014 , 02:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
Heck, just get to level 20, tour Nar Shaddaa and sell Chanlon and Genetic anomalies.
I know, right???

It's truly amazing to me how in-demand low level materials can be. I think what happens is, if you just run the gathering missions with your companion, they have a large chance to return one type of mat (e.g. Bronzium), and a tiny chance to return the other type of mat (e.g. Chanlon), making them pretty rare.

I ran out of Laminoid over the weekend, so I checked the GTN and most of them were listed at over 1100 credits EACH! A grade 1 mat! Which is funny considering there are a bunch of silver droids and scavenging nodes just outside of Dromund Kaas that can be farmed for Laminoid.

Mozivicus
06.09.2014 , 04:47 PM | #18
I know, right???

It's truly amazing to me how in-demand low level materials can be. I think what happens is, if you just run the gathering missions with your companion, they have a large chance to return one type of mat (e.g. Bronzium), and a tiny chance to return the other type of mat (e.g. Chanlon), making them pretty rare.

I ran out of Laminoid over the weekend, so I checked the GTN and most of them were listed at over 1100 credits EACH! A grade 1 mat! Which is funny considering there are a bunch of silver droids and scavenging nodes just outside of Dromund Kaas that can be farmed for Laminoid.
It doesn't take me very long to mow my yard, and it's rather simple to do...but I have better stuff to do...so I pay someone to do it.

See how that works?

Most people don't want to do the tedious and monotonous stuff in game, so they pay someone else to do it.

I learned a long time ago, in real life and in game, that the best way to make money was to find out what people NEED and give it to them. The easiest way to make money is to find out what people WANT and give it to them. The same principles hold true in this game.

Khevar
06.09.2014 , 05:22 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
It doesn't take me very long to mow my yard, and it's rather simple to do...but I have better stuff to do...so I pay someone to do it.

See how that works?
Methinks you missed my point, so you could have fun being condescending.

I was commenting on how high some of these low-level materials have risen to, which makes them an excellent choice for someone interested in making credits selling mats.

Silica (grade 1) was selling for about 13cr each. Laminoid (grade 1) at 1100cr each. Bronzium (grade 2) at 23cr each.

The only thing surprising to me is how many people were willing to purchase the Laminoid at that inflated price. Mostly because profit would be so low with material price that high. Particularly when you consider how quickly one levels through the "teens", with any gear you buy or make becoming obsolete super quick.

This holds true for quite a number of materials in the low-level range. Agrinium was selling for 6,000cr each. Which is particularly silly (to me) when you consider that grade 1 UT missions take about 4 minutes to run, and with full affection have a 20% chance at critting.

Go figure.

psandak
06.09.2014 , 06:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Wealth generating wealth....

Many people have several level 55s. Each daily /weekly pays lots of credits - Oricon (for instance) weekly takes about 30-40 mins and nets about 100K - Do that on 5 toons and there's a half milion there - If you're on at odd times, hoover up all the lockboxes as well. - Wandering around killing mobs and scavenging the mats from nodes, dead droids and critters can also be profitable.

If you've CCs to spend, buy the crates of stuff and sell on - or open and sell on after the cooldown....

It's all matter of patience - Everyone started with 0 credits... We all had to do something to gain our milions - some work the GTN, some craft, some run dailies endlessly..... Whatever suits your play style. - Though the best way to get 10 million is to save and not spend on frippery like 10Million credit chairs!
The rest is good advice but the last paragraph cannot be emphasized enough. Starting from nothing it takes a lot of time which means ya gotta be patient. No patience no credits it's that simple.