Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is all this cash coming from?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Where is all this cash coming from?

GavinBail
06.06.2014 , 08:46 AM | #1
I see items on the GTN for 10 million. How does one go about getting anything like this amount of cash? I've been level 55 for a couple of weeks and I think my best day of trying to get cash was something like 250K. Do some people just save up for a month or two or am I missing some major source of income? It is from Opps or Fps? I am on at odd times so I have mostly been playing solo.

CaptMurphy
06.06.2014 , 08:56 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by GavinBail View Post
I see items on the GTN for 10 million. How does one go about getting anything like this amount of cash? I've been level 55 for a couple of weeks and I think my best day of trying to get cash was something like 250K. Do some people just save up for a month or two or am I missing some major source of income? It is from Opps or Fps? I am on at odd times so I have mostly been playing solo.
I don't know about anyone else, but I buy my credits from Chinese gold farmers

In all seriousness, there are several ways of doing so. You can farm dailes. Pick up Armormech, Synthweaving, Armstech, Artifice, or Slicing and earn credits by selling mats, or whatever you decide to craft. You can also use your monthly cartel coin allowance and buy cartel packs and sell everything you get in them, or you can buy hypercrates with RL money and sell those items as well. I'm sure there are other ways, but those seem to be the most popular.

If you're looking for crafting guides, just go to the crafting forum and look around for tips.

Storm-Cutter
06.06.2014 , 09:03 AM | #3
Wealth generating wealth....

Many people have several level 55s. Each daily /weekly pays lots of credits - Oricon (for instance) weekly takes about 30-40 mins and nets about 100K - Do that on 5 toons and there's a half milion there - If you're on at odd times, hoover up all the lockboxes as well. - Wandering around killing mobs and scavenging the mats from nodes, dead droids and critters can also be profitable.

If you've CCs to spend, buy the crates of stuff and sell on - or open and sell on after the cooldown....

It's all matter of patience - Everyone started with 0 credits... We all had to do something to gain our milions - some work the GTN, some craft, some run dailies endlessly..... Whatever suits your play style. - Though the best way to get 10 million is to save and not spend on frippery like 10Million credit chairs!
-Storm Cutter.

- THE PROGENITOR: GSF pilots: REP: Jaynn-Grey and Karn-T'woom GSF IMP Pilots: Tuesday-Jones and Ruiiz and Nineteen-delta

AlrikFassbauer
06.06.2014 , 10:24 AM | #4
Some people sell things they hve twice, and if that item is highly valuable - or at least people believe it to be so - then they want to actually buy it.

High-level crafted things can be very expensive as well.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Khevar
06.06.2014 , 11:40 AM | #5
The easiest source of income at level 55 is running dailies. Belsavis, Section X, Ilum, Black Hole, Oricon, Makeb, CZ (am I missing anything?)

Some of these have a better rate of return than others. I haven't run dailies in a while, so someone else could speak to this. But I believe you can make 100K-200K per hour running dailies.

The biggest downside is that it is a repeatable line of quests that can get boring super quickly, as it's the same thing every time. The alternative is crafting. At level 55, some of things that sell well include Biochem stims / adrenals / medpacks, Synthweaving and Armormech augments, and MK-9 Augmentation Kits. This is by no means everything at this level, just some of the more common things.

In addition to this, there is a thriving market in low-to-mid-range gear. Level 10-40 blues (and sometimes purples) are in demand and sell well. They just require the initial investment of learning the schematics, which can take a while.

The high-end crafting of grade 34 gear isn't the easiest route to make money. Partly because the schematics are hard to come by, but mostly because the raw materials are so rare that for the most part they are almost (if not more) valuable than the finished product itself.

Hope this helps.

Merouk
06.06.2014 , 02:20 PM | #6
It's an old game and there are A LOT of people who have been at level 55 for a year or more, who've had nothing better to do than accumulate daily 500k for the past year - 2 years.

Crafters, traders, and cartel market resellers will price the rare stuff they get according to the available pool of money out there. They know that some people are rich like that, and will price items accordingly. Typically you see rare speeders or mounts priced in that range, and it's because the cartel pack they came from has been discontinued.

Also, some prices ARE ridiculous. Stuff that sells for the 10-20 million for a single item is probably not going to sell; nothing prevents the guy from listing it at 1 Billion if he wants to, it just won't sell.

DimkaLloret
06.07.2014 , 01:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Wealth generating wealth....

Many people have several level 55s. Each daily /weekly pays lots of credits - Oricon (for instance) weekly takes about 30-40 mins and nets about 100K - Do that on 5 toons and there's a half milion there - If you're on at odd times, hoover up all the lockboxes as well. - Wandering around killing mobs and scavenging the mats from nodes, dead droids and critters can also be profitable.

If you've CCs to spend, buy the crates of stuff and sell on - or open and sell on after the cooldown....

It's all matter of patience - Everyone started with 0 credits... We all had to do something to gain our milions - some work the GTN, some craft, some run dailies endlessly..... Whatever suits your play style. - Though the best way to get 10 million is to save and not spend on frippery like 10Million credit chairs!

oricon takes 20 minutes to solo it

fire-breath
06.07.2014 , 02:01 AM | #8
Also the cartel market has been influencing the prices in a way. People can generate cash by selling the rare items found in packs.

But besides this its not that hard to make cash in this game. With a little effort I made 200k per day selling materials at GTN.
Crafting dreadforged implants for a fee also works nice. My guildy accidentally reversed his implant while he was mass reversing (yes very stupid of him I know :P), he got lucky, got the schem and made a lot of cash in a relative small time.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Sãrãh - Shadow Tank
TRE PvP toon
Ishmaldo - Sage healer

AlrikFassbauer
06.07.2014 , 11:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DimkaLloret View Post
oricon takes 20 minutes to solo it
You need to be geared very, very well before that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
The high-end crafting of grade 34 gear isn't the easiest route to make money. Partly because the schematics are hard to come by, but mostly because the raw materials are so rare that for the most part they are almost (if not more) valuable than the finished product itself.

Hope this helps.
But you have to get the materials and the recipes in the first place. Which is quite difficult for lower-level characters, for example.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Khevar
06.07.2014 , 12:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
You need to be geared very, very well before that.
You're given a full set of 156 gear the first time you run Oricon. The next time you run it as dailies, you now have plenty of gear to run it quickly.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
But you have to get the materials and the recipes in the first place. Which is quite difficult for lower-level characters, for example.
I think you misread what I wrote. In the part of my post that you quoted, I said it ISN'T the easiest way to make money.