So is team ranked actually popping consistently on any server?

EatenByDistance

The Bastion's team ranked scene took a huge hit when Wildstar came out and it seems that regardless of the time of day, getting guilds to queue for more than a game or two is an exercise in impossibility.

How is team ranked looking on other servers? Consistent pops? Are the games competitive?

My friends and I might be interested in transferring some toons if another server is more active.

http://www.torstatus.net/

The Bastion currently has the highest server activity of all PvP servers. If group ranked is dead there, I can't imagine it being better any where else. Well, I guess you can try go to a RP server and challenge RPers in a RP contest in arenas. :rak_03:

Torstatus is very unreliable as it goes off of whether a server is listed as "light, standard, heavy, very heavy, or full". Begeren Colony hits heavy very often, but The Harbinger has far more population than Begeren Colony.

I am on the red eclipse and only time we can queue ranked is if we talk to other guilds on the fleet to see if they are queueing so we end up playing the same guys over and over. Team ranked never really took off =[ Everyone prefers to exploit solo ranked queues because of higher rating.

WildStar has cross server queuing for PVP (as you no doubt know).

My friends and I might be interested in transferring some toons if another server is more active.

yeah, transfer toons at $10 (?) a pop or play a game that has ratings and cross server queues from day one?

---

My guild used to occasionally queue for 4-man ranked. Most of those folks have unsubbed and are now playing WildStar.

I still like SWTOR PvP but, with the exception of first week after Season 1 rewards were announced, the population here has never been big enough to make ranked matchmaking work properly.

The Bastion's team ranked scene took a huge hit when Wildstar came out and it seems that regardless of the time of day, getting guilds to queue for more than a game or two is an exercise in impossibility.

How is team ranked looking on other servers? Consistent pops? Are the games competitive?

I'm for kickball today if there's interest... whats your tz anyway? I rarely see you online before 2-3 am server time.

I'll tell you what you and your buddies would get from a transfer: Nothing. And each one of you would be $10 poorer + stuck in a server for w/e the CD on server transfers is.

The game is in life support (with tubes sticking out of it and junk) and I doubt wildstar is to blame. The developers have failed (over n over n over) to provide a truly engaging experience that keeps people coming for more. Personally, I'd go back to playing XBox before I'd roll wildstar...

The answer to every question is not "herf derf play Wildstars," regardless of what everyone seems to think.

I agree. SWTOR has its problems but I've been enjoying the game since I started seriously playing again a few weeks ago. Rather than just up and leave I'd like to try to keep the team ranked scene alive/

I'm for kickball today if there's interest... whats your tz anyway? I rarely see you online before 2-3 am server time.

UTC -8

I live near the west coast of 'Murica, I just have strange hours in irl stuff. Also if GOML has a full team ready to go, why no actual team vs team. If it's an issue of perceived imbalance I would be more than happy to help you guys out with strategies, comp ideas or other tips. All you have to do is ask.

-

So this is all very depressing. Can anyone tell me how The Harbinger is in particular? I know that it had quite a few teams running before Wildstar (my friends in Midian/Breakfast xfered some toons over there to play), has The Harbinger been hit as hard as other servers?

Can anyone tell me how The Harbinger is in particular? I know that it had quite a few teams running before Wildstar (my friends in Midian/Breakfast xfered some toons over there to play), has The Harbinger been hit as hard as other servers?

Same thing on Habry; most PvP guilds are gone now. Only Ranked that happens is maybe kickball groups, which even then is a pain to get going. Once Wildstar went live, it literally wrecked the PvP on this server. Still has a decent population, but the competition now is no different anywhere else, droolers everywhere.

I also agree with Seengularity's post....has anyone seen the last 2 weeks of Yellow posts? No substance.

There is more "Lore" posts than anything that is worth reading. Downward trend people, this game is without a doubt dead PvP wise.

If your kickball team is winning too much I'll join your side ;)

I still play SWTOR but much much less since I'm still trying to reach a decent level in WS and have to do things IRL.

I expect to play SWTOR more once I reach max level in WS as I won't have to grind simply to reach max level :)

I'm not saying "people should go to WildStar". Pretty much the only reason I'm playing WS is because I like my guildmates and they all went over. I wouldn't be going over by myself.

I do believe the fact that WS has cross server and ranked from day one (or so I read -- I haven't leveled enough to experience this myself) makes SWTOR's ranked PvP system more precarious in terms of attracting player population.

Same thing on Habry; most PvP guilds are gone now. Only Ranked that happens is maybe kickball groups, which even then is a pain to get going. Once Wildstar went live, it literally wrecked the PvP on this server. Still has a decent population, but the competition now is no different anywhere else, droolers everywhere.

That's a damn shame. I suppose the logical thing to do would be to have all the team ranked players all switch to one particular server since cross server won't ever happen (lol) but I know that won't work, I remember Bastion v.s. PoT5 flamewars back from the day.

I guess I'll just keep spamming PvP chat for people to form up lol :\

If anyone is interested, I'm almost always down to try to make teams to play against people during the later/evening hours of the day. And there are a few teams that consistently queue dodge me and my friends so they might be around to play against any potential transfers lol.

Just throwing that out there.

I guess I'll just keep spamming PvP chat for people to form up lol :\

I've seen you guys pushing to get games rolling in Chat. I'm down for kickball ranked anytime, but nobody ever needs a DPS PT.

Should have a min/maxed set of Obroan Tank gear by the end of the weekend. Then me and my bro will be rolling a regular team after we pick up two deeps. We usually get on pretty late...9-10 p.m. PST, but we play every night if there isn't something going down in BF4.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Ranked SoloQ and TeamQ is completely dead on PoT5. It's actually been like this all week. Wildstar really, REALLY caused a huge hit on the top PVP players who still played. Not to mention even warzones are not popping often. Just a really big hit on all aspects of SWTOR's PVP's population. It's sad :( Edited by revcrisis

UTC -8....

My guild could assemble a team, but that's as of 3-4 weeks ago. These days, few people log on... mostly people gearing alts and a couple of guildies that kinda never log off, but play lots of alts or solo rank (juggs) >.>

Essentially, it's very difficult to get 4 GOMLs i'd venture into 4v4 with to be online at the same time (I haven't played for 4-5 days). Summer's in session, and california's sunshine calls out much louder than swtor has for a long-ish while... it's sad to see the state of the game (pvp); I won't even expand on that because it's not on topic n what for anyway?

I'm going to be online for a loooong time today, hopefully i'm not too intoxicated should this kickball occur :p

Edited by Seengularity

I still play SWTOR but much much less since I'm still trying to reach a decent level in WS and have to do things IRL.

I expect to play SWTOR more once I reach max level in WS as I won't have to grind simply to reach max level :)

actually uninstalled swtor for WS (limited space on the ssd). no real interest in swtor, but you said something about WS that struck a chord: leveling is boring as all get out. I think swtor spoiled me with entertaining cutscenes and relatively in-depth class/zone stories. I was quickly bored by GW2 leveling, and WS is even more of a struggle...it's not hard. leveling in any game these days isn't hard. it's just hard to care. I run a couple quests, then I want to log off and do...anything else. lol

iunno. </diary entry>

Edited by foxmob

Maybe we could organize community 4v4's in the open world pvp place, since then you would not need people to que, but I guess then you cant have same side games. Could even organize 2 v2 or 3v3. Maybe, this is just an idea.

actually uninstalled swtor for WS (limited space on the ssd). no real interest in swtor, but you said something about WS that struck a chord: leveling is boring as all get out. I think swtor spoiled me with entertaining cutscenes and relatively in-depth class/zone stories. I was quickly bored by GW2 leveling, and WS is even more of a struggle...it's not hard. leveling in any game these days isn't hard. it's just hard to care. I run a couple quests, then I want to log off and do...anything else. lol

iunno. </diary entry>

And that's why it's a good thing that leveling via PvP in WildStar actually seems to be faster than questing. And pops were taking less than 20s for me earlier even at 3 am-ish EST. o.O

I do believe the fact that WS has cross server and ranked from day one (or so I read -- I haven't leveled enough to experience this myself) makes SWTOR's ranked PvP system more precarious in terms of attracting player population.

It does, and the cross server part, at least, you can experience at level 6. During prime time, warzone pops have been taking 5-10 seconds most of the time.

Edited by Gnoblesse

I actually the more I play WS the more i realize why not having X-Server is complete no go these days, even on pve side (which i WS is ridiculously hard, not question, but dungons and stuff). Having like 5 different forms of rated also makes the PvP side more interesting.

I say it quite freely, if SWTOR had those features, i would still play it, since I love the game even despite all its flaws.

From what i have seen from the european scene everybody is level in WS atm, but that doesnt mean they will all stay. It is not a game for everyone, so a bit of team ranked might return like after this month is over.

And good luck Waka in getting ranked going again on the bastion, I dont think there is any active ranked going on any server (the europeans as well)

I also agree with Seengularity's post....has anyone seen the last 2 weeks of Yellow posts? No substance.

There is more "Lore" posts than anything that is worth reading. Downward trend people, this game is without a doubt dead PvP wise.

Not so much premade teams... But still random queues are popping.. Ok... Not marvellous

There are also a few new PVP guilds forming to accommodate those of us left behind after the PVP guilds disbanded or left

Harbinger seems to pop more than the PVP servers... Not sure how this is on other PVE servers...

I see another server merge happening

:mad: