Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Rulebook

Canino
08.29.2014 , 08:01 AM | #341
[Retracted]
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

LadyKulvax
08.31.2014 , 01:18 AM | #342
So for the second time, me and Beni had a discussion a little while back regarding Classic Mode.

I proposed the idea that leadership spots be opened to more than just two Force Users, bare with me on this. In Classic Mode, we have hundreds of thousands of troops and even more ships, we have as many as eight planets available, infact the effect of four Force Users is almost negligible in this regard.

In battlegrounds four Force Users would spell doom for anyone not using an equal amount of them, this is not being questioned.

In Classic Mode however, the effects won't be nearly as profound. Consider this: How many Force Users can you count that are stunning strategists? How many can you count are expert smugglers, etc.. etc..
Point being, Force Users don't have every advantage in the bag, using non-force users will always have benefits.

Taking into account the advantages themselves however; would show that the Force Users would need to be limited in at least some ways, I propose an earlier stratagem:

Force User 1: Any character bar banned list.
Force User 2: Any character bar banned list.
Force User 3: Any character less powerful* than 1 & 2.
Force User 4: Any character significantly less powerful* than 1, 2 & 3.

*In both Force prowess and Lightsaber skill.

There is a reason why I propose the above: there are many 'squads' of Force Users in Star Wars which would be very enjoyable to see and would be fun to use, but are impossible, as the limit of two forbids them.

For example I saw the awesome but not over-powered benefit of using Anakin Solo, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo and Ben Skywalker in a unit as the leadership, they were going to be the leaders of two minor naval forces of Stealth Xs which would be hilarious and effective to see.

There are others of course, one I concocted was going to be KotOR Revan, Mando Wars Alek, Bastila and Meetra, which whilst two of them are quite powerful, over-all they would not be insta-wins in any fight. (Coincidentally it would contain two of the best Force User strategists but that's besides the point)

We could go on all day regarding examples but I truly believe that in classic mode, an unlimited but restrained use of Force Users would not be nearly as doom and gloom as people assume.

I do not expect this to go changing rules off the bat but I would enjoy your opinions.
Who else would have the strength to do what I've done? Who else but me could come this far? I am Revan."
Revan Order

Beniboybling
08.31.2014 , 06:17 AM | #343
I'm still not entirely sure, case in point to be both of those combinations seem pretty OP. In the last for example you get three skilled tacticians who are also powerful Force Users and strong leaders, then battle meditation to boot.

Swapping them out for a non-Force sensitive tactician, or a non-Force sensitive leader, would be an illogical move. In general choosing non-Force sensitive leaders and tacticians would be superfluous when you can have the Force to boot.

And to be quite honest, I disagree with the notion that getting a full package is rare. Practically every prominent member of the Jedi Order was a skilled tactician, many where master tacticians. For the Sith it is much the same, either they are skilled tacticians or they are master manipulators, or both! Few Force Users are just mindless brutes.

And for the record, most trained Force Users are expert pilots too, so they could definitely run blockades.

Finally as a closing point, assassination would be nigh impossible unless you had a martial force of equal strength. Whereas a strike team led by Revan, the Exile, Alek and Bastila, or Anakin, Jacen, Jaina and Ben would obliterate.

I might be inclined to allow minor Force sensitives, but this method is tried and tested, and it works just fine.

Aurbere
08.31.2014 , 10:40 AM | #344
I'm going to have to agree with Beni on the Force users front. I like the idea, but it has some nasty drawbacks.

That being said, I would be open to including one additional Force user. A minor one, though. For instance, we could have one Master Force user like Count Dooku, and then have an apprentice like Asajj Ventress, and then have a minor Force user that would serve as more of a tool like Tol Skorr.

Basically, have a Master-Apprentice-Understudy sort of thing. That way we have two powerful Force users, and one that isn't that great. It would allow people to choose an additional Force user, but that Force user wouldn't be as useful as a tactician or even some of the high-level Bounty Hunters like Durge, Boba, and IG-88.
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
08.31.2014 , 10:43 AM | #345
Rayla, as much as I want to make team Dathomir, and as much as you want.... You know.

You can't possibly think that's balanced enough to allow 4 force users and 4 non force users to face off equally....

Edit: as for minors, I made the case that Ventress, Unduli etc are the level that would suit and be of an appropriate level, but if not that level then there's literally no point going any lower.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.

Selenial
08.31.2014 , 10:47 AM | #346
Force User 1: Traya
Force user 2: Talzin
Force User 3: Dooku (Pre betrayal by Talzin)
Force user 4: Maul

Brilliance, pure brilliance. Traya as the foresight craziness lady, Dooku as a brilliant tactician, Talzin for her killing people from across the Galaxy and Maul the living blade that'd cut the hair.

Tell me how that's not an OP combination
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.

Beniboybling
08.31.2014 , 10:58 AM | #347
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Beni on the Force users front. I like the idea, but it has some nasty drawbacks.

That being said, I would be open to including one additional Force user. A minor one, though. For instance, we could have one Master Force user like Count Dooku, and then have an apprentice like Asajj Ventress, and then have a minor Force user that would serve as more of a tool like Tol Skorr.

Basically, have a Master-Apprentice-Understudy sort of thing. That way we have two powerful Force users, and one that isn't that great. It would allow people to choose an additional Force user, but that Force user wouldn't be as useful as a tactician or even some of the high-level Bounty Hunters like Durge, Boba, and IG-88.
I was thinking more on the lines of Carnor Jax, Aurra Sing, Sly Moore etc.

i.e. those who one wouldn't really consider to be trained Force sensitives and therefore it would be only an inconvenience to have them subtract a number from your Force User allowance. Though I'm not entirely sure.

Beniboybling
08.31.2014 , 11:02 AM | #348
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Force User 1: Traya
Force user 2: Talzin
Force User 3: Dooku (Pre betrayal by Talzin)
Force user 4: Maul

Brilliance, pure brilliance. Traya as the foresight craziness lady, Dooku as a brilliant tactician, Talzin for her killing people from across the Galaxy and Maul the living blade that'd cut the hair.

Tell me how that's not an OP combination
Lawls. To be united by hatred, is a fragile alliance at best.

Selenial
08.31.2014 , 11:33 AM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lawls. To be united by hatred, is a fragile alliance at best.
Nah that one would work, but I'm not explaining why in case you approve this....

Beniboybling
08.31.2014 , 11:36 AM | #350
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Nah that one would work, but I'm not explaining why in case you approve this....
Yeah I know, Talzin is Maul's mommy.