Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Rulebook


Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 07:34 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
You need to re-read the discussions I and tunewalker had about Batteries.

The Interdictor had 5 Batteries of turbolasers, which is 25 Individual Turbolasers, then 30 point defense Systems (Arranged in 6 batteries)

The Interdictor, being 600 meters, is directly on the border between light cruiser and Heavy Cruiser.

Also, Beni honey, the Interdictors weren't the "big dogs" in the Sith Fleet, the Centurion cruisers were. You know, the ones that were twice as long.

What are you talking about? There's no mention of Quad Turbo Lasers... Only the Leviathan had those. You know, the capital ship of a powerful admiral... Heavily modified.
I assume you have sources for this? I also assume they are dual turbolasers?

Anyway that's cool and all, but if they are dual turbolasers then that means that the universal tech rule still applies considering a cruiser of similar size and purpose built 300 years later, had effectively twice the armament.

The Centurion-class in terms of role is the equivalent of a dreadnought or a battlecruiser. Only a limited number were ever manufactured and used. Indeed not a single one of these vessels was present at the Battle of the Star Forge (or seen to be produced for that matter) even in the DS ending when you seen a vast fleet of them.

Nor did Revan or Malak opt to use on as their flagship. If it were indeed the backbone of the Sith Fleet it would have been used in far greater numbers. "Big dogs" don't tend to make up backbone either, tip of the spear is more accurate.

Concerning the quad-laser cannons, they are visible on the image given in the Essential Guide. Look carefully and you'll see the main guns are quad-turreted. The fact that the main guns on the standard cruiser of the Sith Empire were only matched by the main guns on Malak's flagship reinforces the need for the tech rule I feel.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 07:40 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
The evidence wasn't insufficient because I have evidence here, it all points to the following:

Republic Navy:
Frigates: Hammerhead Cruiser.
Cruisers: Interdictor Cruiser.
Battlecruisers: Inexpugnable/Centurion.

Sith Navy:
Frigates: Hammerhead Cruiser(entire class phased out)
Cruisers: Interdictor Cruiser
Battlecruisers: Centurion.

Seems to point to the Centurions acting as the 'battlecruisers' or capital ships of the navy.
I was referring to the Hapan Battle Dragon business, when Tune brought up the fact that Wookiee labels them as cruisers, yet it does not discriminate between heavy and light cruisers.

Not sure what your point is here though, just prefix cruiser with heavy and bingo.

Remember, cruiser is a non-nondescript term. And the Anaxes War College System is a fairly new addition to lore.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
07.29.2014 , 07:42 AM | #103
Yep, and I outlined them all in the Kaggath thread, I see no reason to go over it all again.

Well, I know when you're not going to back down on something so I'll stop, for everyone else's sake. Just curious why you keep using the Harrower, seems like a really weird ship to scale it to.

So, what Armament does the Interdictor get? I need it for the fleet breakdown. Same for the Hammerhead I guess, if You're Universal Tech-Ruling them up to Rebellion stuff.

Also, just curious, will you be adding Concussion Missiles etc to them, as they weren't used in OR Capital Ships? Or will you just give me extra Turbolasers to make up for not having them.... one of those things should probably happen.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 07:51 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Yep, and I outlined them all in the Kaggath thread, I see no reason to go over it all again.

Well, I know when you're not going to back down on something so I'll stop, for everyone else's sake. Just curious why you keep using the Harrower, seems like a really weird ship to scale it to.

So, what Armament does the Interdictor get? I need it for the fleet breakdown. Same for the Hammerhead I guess, if You're Universal Tech-Ruling them up to Rebellion stuff.

Also, just curious, will you be adding Concussion Missiles etc to them, as they weren't used in OR Capital Ships? Or will you just give me extra Turbolasers to make up for not having them.... one of those things should probably happen.
Because they served the exact same roles, in Sith Fleets no less.

Its also pretty obvious that BioWare were continuing the theme of mean looking Sith cruisers/inspiration for Palpatine's equally mean looking Star Destroyers. Just like it was with KOTOR Republic and SWTOR Republic.

Do they have concussion missile launchers? Its not listed on Wookieepedia. But if they do, yes, along with all other armament. I find that non-turbolaser batteries remain pretty static across the centuries so I doubt that will change.

Remember that that stuff comes under unique attributes which are added after. Noting again that it would have 16 point-defense cannons as opposed to light turbolaser batteries as the Interdictor lacked that particular weapon.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
07.29.2014 , 07:55 AM | #105
No, they didn't have Concussion missile launchers, no ships of that time did, unless I'm mistaken, I can't remember.

I still don't understand making it a Harrower. You do realize you're nerfing the ship in an attempt to make the Interdictor better, right?

It's like adding red, to purple, in an effort to make it blue.....
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 11:18 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
No, they didn't have Concussion missile launchers, no ships of that time did, unless I'm mistaken, I can't remember.

I still don't understand making it a Harrower. You do realize you're nerfing the ship in an attempt to make the Interdictor better, right?

It's like adding red, to purple, in an effort to make it blue.....
OK well then no, given that concussion missiles were not common among ships of this class.

I'm doubling the strength of its turbolaser batteries, how is that a nerf?

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
07.29.2014 , 11:20 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
OK well then no, given that concussion missiles were not common among ships of this class.

I'm doubling the strength of its turbolaser batteries, how is that a nerf?
Youre saying "Let's make it a harrower"

Which brings it down by 14 point defense canons and keeps turbo lasers the same.

And yes actually, Concussion missiles were basically the Standard for Heavy Cruisers down the line, they just weren't mounted in to ships in the OR, if the ship doesn't get them through the Universal tech rule it should be allowed extra Lasers to compensate.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 11:34 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Youre saying "Let's make it a harrower"

Which brings it down by 14 point defense canons and keeps turbo lasers the same.

And yes actually, Concussion missiles were basically the Standard for Heavy Cruisers down the line, they just weren't mounted in to ships in the OR, if the ship doesn't get them through the Universal tech rule it should be allowed extra Lasers to compensate.
I can only assume you missed the part when I said the Harrower has 25 quad turbolaser batteries.

Quad means four, the Interdictor has dual-turbolaser batteries i.e. 2. 2 x 2 = 4 i.e. double.

Such as? The Victory didn't have them, and its design and purpose was very similar.

EDIT: Though I suppose it makes more sense to give it 30 instead of 16 point defense cannons, considering that while not necessarily unequal in ability, the point defense cannons ultimately will use less power.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
07.29.2014 , 11:47 AM | #109
Quad and double don't quite work like that, but it's fine, I can deal with that.

How about your poster boy Heavy Cruiser, the Acclamators?
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.29.2014 , 11:50 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Quad and double don't quite work like that, but it's fine, I can deal with that.

How about your poster boy Heavy Cruiser, the Acclamators?
Suuuure they do.

If we were dealing with Republic cruisers sure, but Sith/Imperial cruisers didn't seem to favour concussion missiles. Maybe that seems a little arbitrary, but in the end we lack such a predominant trend among heavy cruisers.