Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about romances

Jesira
12.24.2011 , 01:21 PM | #11
I guess nobody really knows, yet. I highly doubt you will kill your romance with a flirt, but if you go too far it will more than likely cause a problem, so just steer clear of that until we know for certain.

ScarletBlaze
12.24.2011 , 03:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesira View Post
I guess nobody really knows, yet. I highly doubt you will kill your romance with a flirt, but if you go too far it will more than likely cause a problem, so just steer clear of that until we know for certain.
My friend after she flirted with the npc decided to give him a gift and that put her affection points up higher so there is a possiblity you can flirt but give a gift something they may like . there are also gifts called "courting gifts" that might help.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Evolvana
12.24.2011 , 03:13 PM | #13
How can you get these "courting gifts" ?

ScarletBlaze
12.24.2011 , 05:03 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolvana View Post
How can you get these "courting gifts" ?
She got it through underworld trading crew skills but there may be some on the aution. they will say courting gifts I know she had 3 gold necklaces at one time.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Hextor
12.24.2011 , 05:17 PM | #15
Companions will not accept affections gifts or give almost no points for them unless your in a relationship with the companion already. Some companions actually gain affection if you flirt with others.

Spoiler

Evolvana
12.25.2011 , 04:11 AM | #16
It seems that Bioware wanted every guy to play as a Sith warrior to flirt with every possible girl in the game... and still gain approval for such a behavior.

Girl PNJ: "You're such a bastard and you betrayed me! I love you!"

.... -_-

My male soldier gave gifts to Jorgan (male Catar, first companion) and earned points. And they're not in a romance at all because they're both males.

Samy_Merchi
12.25.2011 , 08:55 AM | #17
Yeah, I would really rather have played light side but the SW's romance and flirt options are simply too overpowering to play anything else. It's a no-brainer.

Shaddrach
12.25.2011 , 10:09 AM | #18
Companion gifts come from underworld trading crew skill or can be bought from a vendor. They can be given to your current companion at any time by clicking on them in your inventory. The gifts have different types (trophies, memorabelia, courting, weapons,...) and the amount of affection you gain is dependent on the companion and how much they like that type of gift. There are guides that tell you which types of gift each companion likes, or you can learn by trial and error.

metalgynoid
03.04.2013 , 07:10 AM | #19
I watched a youtube video covering the Vette Romance. During the first companion mission on Nar Shaddaa, he flirted with Taunt, Vette's friend and then went off with her later for some hanky panky. Later in the video it showed him in a chat aboard his ship with Vette, where she lets him know she actually felt jealous. When I did that scene in Nar Shaddaa, I did flirt but did NOT go off and have any sort of hanky panky with Taunt when given that option. Did I screw up and ruin my chance at having a romance with Vette?

SithKoriandr
03.04.2013 , 08:03 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgynoid View Post
I watched a youtube video covering the Vette Romance. During the first companion mission on Nar Shaddaa, he flirted with Taunt, Vette's friend and then went off with her later for some hanky panky. Later in the video it showed him in a chat aboard his ship with Vette, where she lets him know she actually felt jealous. When I did that scene in Nar Shaddaa, I did flirt but did NOT go off and have any sort of hanky panky with Taunt when given that option. Did I screw up and ruin my chance at having a romance with Vette?
Nope!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry