Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to vote for Gunslinger/Sniper Q&A (due for 6-6-2014)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Time to vote for Gunslinger/Sniper Q&A (due for 6-6-2014)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TACeMossie
07.01.2014 , 08:59 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Don't worry I didn't forget you! I apologize for the delay, my goal is to get you the answers this week.

-eric
I see what you're doing. You're waiting till the 2.9 PTS goes up so you can say "Look at all these changes we're doing! AND WE'RE DONE!"
Kwerty, Level 60 Vanguard on The Harbinger
Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide

fire-breath
07.02.2014 , 12:42 AM | #92
Thx for the update Eric, much appreciated.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Zal'ssesse - Engi Sniper Macewindy - Sab Slinger

PugsloveHP - the 67k HP commando DPS/healer

MotorCityMan
07.23.2014 , 09:50 PM | #93
Snipers don't need a new button, they need the ones they have to actually do something. Part of the problem now is that we have to hit so many buttons now for defense. We need to hire a secretary to keep track of the cooldowns. You need to combine the abilities we have now into fewer buttons.

I have given up on Bioware understanding tempo in pvp and how it plays out.

Snipers need a significant health replacement ability like all the other classes. Snipers are vulnerable to burst. Juggs have ED+, PTs have Kolto+. Shadows have Battle Readiness plus the ability to stealth, Sorcs have bubble, self heals, Ops have escape, stealth, self heals, etc Snipers have nothing to effectively mitigate burst and are especially vunerable to stun lock and being focused down. Everyone knows it, the Leaderboards have confirmed it ever since they have been in existence. Why is Bioware acting like they don't know what the problem is? How many years does it take?

And make "spotter" 360. It's useless as it is now.

Adovir
07.25.2014 , 10:10 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Snipers don't need a new button, they need the ones they have to actually do something. Part of the problem now is that we have to hit so many buttons now for defense. We need to hire a secretary to keep track of the cooldowns. You need to combine the abilities we have now into fewer buttons.

I have given up on Bioware understanding tempo in pvp and how it plays out.

Snipers need a significant health replacement ability like all the other classes. Snipers are vulnerable to burst. Juggs have ED+, PTs have Kolto+. Shadows have Battle Readiness plus the ability to stealth, Sorcs have bubble, self heals, Ops have escape, stealth, self heals, etc Snipers have nothing to effectively mitigate burst and are especially vunerable to stun lock and being focused down. Everyone knows it, the Leaderboards have confirmed it ever since they have been in existence. Why is Bioware acting like they don't know what the problem is? How many years does it take?

And make "spotter" 360. It's useless as it is now.
So snipers are the only ones who have to combine cool downs to survive, that's news to me because I'm pretty sure most everyone else has to do that too. Self heals? Have you tired doing that in an arena? The only way to self heal in an arena is to run far away making it a 3v4 for your team to blow through a large sum of energy to heal up this drastically hurting your dps and team for running away for X time. For operatives and shadows combat stealth must be paired with your purge, resilience for shadows, not battle rediness and evasion for operatives. If you don't do this you might as well not have used your combat stealth which is also a pseudo offensive CD as well as it is defensive. Also tell me when was the last time dps operatives have been good in ranked PVP, I'll give you a while to think about that because all those people on the high end of the leader board are healers. Also operatives "escape" is ment to be a gap closer as well as a gap opener which also has a chance to perma root your for the rest of the match kicking you out of the warzone.

You say you need a secretary for all your dcds which you need to use in tandem, bro there are classes/specs that would kill for that much control and moves, mercs and sorcs would give their left foot to have something which allowed them to not be able to be leapt to, a knock back with a base line root a 35m root 16m immune roll an insta cast 30m mez CC immunity for 20 seconds, ballistic dampeners and what ever else I may have missed.

Merc dps not that great in ranked merc healers not super great as well. Sorcs have 1 viable dps spec and their heal spec is believed to be garbage. Operatives have only heal spec which is good for ranked the rest are commonly laughed at and hated for because they qued(yet they still get nerfs). But hey why don't you ask cryyc for some pointers on how to roll bang I mean isn't he #1 solo ranked pvper he must be playing it right maybe you can be half as good as him and get a 1500 rating. You're not the only class that has been shafted by ranked, trust me on that , but why the hell does anyone even care about solo"ranked" it is the ultimate form of RNG in the game, 3 random people of random specs or classes. 4 dps vs 3 tanks and a healer? Yea that kind of **** happens all the damn time so is it an accurate reflection of your class or is it all a matter of which side had a better group set up? When you can no longer preform in regs that's when you have a problem *cough*lightning sorcs*cough
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel