Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Index Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Index Thread

Beniboybling
05.30.2014 , 04:34 AM | #1
There have been a lot of one-off threads in the past discussion whose the most powerful Jedi, Sith etc. but ultimately its just been a place to state your opinions, and no real conclusions were reached. With that in mind I decided to set up a series of threads were formal debate could be held, with the purpose of reaching consensus on who the REAL most powerful Force users were. And so after tireless debate with the community here, we've formulated lists of who we all agree to be the ten most powerful and skilled in a designated field.

Well roughly, there were always be discrepancies, disagreements and changes in opinion. But at the very least it acts as a rough guide and a general reflection on the thoughts of the fans, and is constantly being revised and updated.

Here I shall be compiling all the lists we have completed. Hopefully this will be a go-to source and sort of 'forum-canon' for any future discussions and debates on this matter, that the majority of people agree on.

Any opinions/insights on the lists are welcome. Though I would encourage that you discuss them on their respective threads unless a more general topic. Furthermore official revisions to the list take place here for Force Users and here for Lightsaber Duelists. This list excludes deities, ancient Sith Lords due to lack of information, and Darth Nihilus - a natural phenomena and non-corporeal entity whose powers fluctuate with the environment.

The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Darth Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Darth Caedus
5. Sith Emperor
6. Darth Plagueis
7. Galen Marek
8. Exar Kun
9. Master Fay
10. Darth Vader

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Master Fay
4. Jaina Solo
5. Mace Windu
6. Revan
7. Meetra Surik
8. Nomi Sunrider
9. Kyp Durron
10. Satele Shan

The REAL Most Powerful Sith

1. Darth Sidious
2. Darth Caedus
3. Sith Emperor
4. Darth Plagueis
5. Exar Kun
6. Darth Vader
7. Darth Krayt
8. Darth Traya
9. Darth Malgus
10. Darth Bane

==================================================

Below is a list of formal comparisons that have been over the course of the series. For information concerning the categories I'd refer you to this Wookieepedia page.

Darth Plagueis, Exar Kun & Mace Windu

Darth Caedus & The Sith Emperor

Exar Kun & Darth Vader

Darth Malgus & Darth Traya

Meetra Surik & Satele Shan

Saba Sebatyne & Revan

Saba Sebatyne & Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Revan & Satele Shan

The REAL Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelists

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu
4. Darth Caedus
5. Darth Sidious
6. Jaina Solo
7. Exar Kun
8. Darth Vader
9. Count Dooku
10. Obi-Wan Kenobi

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu
4. Jaina Solo
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
6. Raskta Lsu
7. Vodo-Siosk Baas
8. Kol Skywalker
9. Corran Horn
10. Shaak Ti

The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lightsaber Duelists

1. Darth Caedus
2. Darth Sidious
3. Exar Kun
4. Darth Vader
5. Count Dooku
6. Darth Maul
7. Blademaster Kas'im
8. Darth Krayt
9. Ulic Qel-Droma
10. Darth Bane

Also take a look at a collaborative essay put together by myself and our resident historian, Aurbere, on the subject of why Sidious as opposed to the Sith Emperor is the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history.

redtornado
05.31.2014 , 11:49 AM | #2
Hiya.
Darth Bane used the Force to move a MOON into the atmosphere of the planet it was orbiting. And mentioned that it had been done before...
He had a purple lightsaber and glowy eyes.
Also, created the Rule of Two.
Not on the list of the most powerful Force users?!?
Happy Gaming,
Red
Character is what you are in the dark-John Warfin

Beniboybling
05.31.2014 , 12:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by redtornado View Post
Hiya.
Darth Bane used the Force to move a MOON into the atmosphere of the planet it was orbiting. And mentioned that it had been done before...
He had a purple lightsaber and glowy eyes.
Also, created the Rule of Two.
Not on the list of the most powerful Force users?!?
Happy Gaming,
Red
Fan Fiction I'm afraid is not considered evidence.

redtornado
06.01.2014 , 04:20 PM | #4
Hiya.
It was done in a Dark Horse comic by actual writers and artists. It was just after the rest of the Sith killed: themselves, a bunch of Jedi(including General Hoth), and some really cute green, floating, intelligent, warm fuzzies, and half-a-planets worth of wanna-be Jedi/Sithsez, using a "thought-bomb" Sithy attack. ... Seriously*. *nods affirmatively.

Truthfully,
Red

Found it. --- Dark Horse Comics: Jedi Vs. Sith mini-series 1-6.
Character is what you are in the dark-John Warfin

predasith
06.23.2014 , 07:03 AM | #5
Greetings! I really enjoyed reading through these topics, but I have a question! Will these lists be re-examined according to the new Disney canon rules at any point? Just wondering, not a pressing matter, by any means. Cheers!

Aurbere
06.23.2014 , 07:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by predasith View Post
Greetings! I really enjoyed reading through these topics, but I have a question! Will these lists be re-examined according to the new Disney canon rules at any point? Just wondering, not a pressing matter, by any means. Cheers!
Probably when the new movies come out.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

NightEngine
06.23.2014 , 08:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by redtornado View Post
Hiya.
It was done in a Dark Horse comic by actual writers and artists. It was just after the rest of the Sith killed: themselves, a bunch of Jedi(including General Hoth), and some really cute green, floating, intelligent, warm fuzzies, and half-a-planets worth of wanna-be Jedi/Sithsez, using a "thought-bomb" Sithy attack. ... Seriously*. *nods affirmatively.

Truthfully,
Red

Found it. --- Dark Horse Comics: Jedi Vs. Sith mini-series 1-6.
Yep, fanfiction. In order for content to be canon, it had to have been in the movies or the Clone Wars series.
"My craft is death."
Darth Rubric, Sith Marauder

Petvin
06.23.2014 , 09:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NightEngine View Post
Yep, fanfiction. In order for content to be canon, it had to have been in the movies or the Clone Wars series.
That's a pity considering that the Movies are much worser than most of the comics

The movies are so cringeworthy unintresting in terms of characters and plot, compare movie Luke to Cade or Jaina.

Calling them fanfiction is an insult. You call things like Mistborn fanfiction too? Even though its better then Star Wars ever will be?
The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Carl Sagan

Selenial
06.23.2014 , 10:08 AM | #9
I still think It's ridiculous that you put Fay at 3.

She appeared in ONE Comic, should be excluded for this very reason, she really doesn't have enough showings. We can't just say "Oh, but she did this to Ventress that no one else did" therefore using that to deduce that she's one of the best.

Traya's foresight was the strongest We've ever seen, beating out even Palpatine. Yet for some reason, the rest of us don't go around saying she's uber-more powerful than Papa palps, oh I wonder why
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
06.23.2014 , 10:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I still think It's ridiculous that you put Fay at 3.

She appeared in ONE Comic, should be excluded for this very reason, she really doesn't have enough showings. We can't just say "Oh, but she did this to Ventress that no one else did" therefore using that to deduce that she's one of the best.

Traya's foresight was the strongest We've ever seen, beating out even Palpatine. Yet for some reason, the rest of us don't go around saying she's uber-more powerful than Papa palps, oh I wonder why
Though I'm not as upset about it, I agree.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus