JMHC Meeting - June 11 2014

GannorAton

Below is the link to the June 11, 2014 9PM EST/ 8PM CST agenda:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jEsqaiJ4Hn4W5Goory3w1U7zi_dZZBKuqkRaDxeyYQc/pub

If you want to become a member, please attend and we will induct. We currently have eleven guilds participating. At this point this is Republic guilds only. This is simply because I don't have time to organize Imp side. However when a wPvP or RP event comes up; we will make a forum thread here with invitation.

May the Force Be With You!

• 2 weeks later...

There will be "motions" and people "calling things to order" and probably a lot of ego-fluffing. Overall, an interminable discussion of "why we are better than the people who are not here" where nothing actually gets accomplished.

Eventually, the OP will start comparing himself to Winston Churchill.

At some point after that, there will be a schism, and Jung Ma may be unfortunate enough to have two of these "High Councils of Useless Bureaucracy".

Id just skip it, you wont be missing much.

There will be "motions" and people "calling things to order" and probably a lot of ego-fluffing. Overall, an interminable discussion of "why we are better than the people who are not here" where nothing actually gets accomplished.

Eventually, the OP will start comparing himself to Winston Churchill.

At some point after that, there will be a schism, and Jung Ma may be unfortunate enough to have two of these "High Councils of Useless Bureaucracy".

Id just skip it, you wont be missing much.

Thank you for posting. This means you will be in attendance? have a terrific day :)

After attending the meeting, I have to say that these people generally care about this game, their guilds and this community. During this meeting, composed of a few well known Republic guilds that have a prominent place on this server since it's launch, there was never an "I can" or "I do" and no form of epeen being thrown around like some would expect. It was respectful, generally well thought out and everyone had a voice, even if they were not an officer in that particular guild. At first, I kind of dreaded it...thinking "this is not going to turn out very well", but giving it a chance and just listening to them talk, my mind changed, as did my fellow members that tagged along with me.

I'd like to say that, while sometimes these things work for some time and then die on their own due to time, we should still support this group and not troll or be crude...because then it REALLY won't work. These guys want to improve gameplay and really strive for something better for our small server. I realize Penumbral is not mainly Pub, but we will try our best to at least show face, especially for inter-faction RP...which we need more of.

While I still worry about how this will fair with other guilds and if it will work, I do want to say good job to those participating.

Thanks Luniara for your feedback.

The meeting was great and I'm glad we had resistance on some issues so we could have varying opinions and make the process more whole, using the varying perspectives.

July 9, 2014 is the next meeting date. 9PM EST. Coruscant Senate Building.

Would like to have <Coruscant Guard> on duty if they could have 2+ folks available :)