Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worth Doing Macrobinocular and Droid Seeker Missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Worth Doing Macrobinocular and Droid Seeker Missions?

AlrikFassbauer
05.29.2014 , 07:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I agree with this sentiment; it was a nice change of pace. My only problem with these quest lines is that they go on and on and on and on and on...I would say I got about a third of the way through on one character and said enough and never again.
I agree. I'm heavily procrastinating going to Belsavis with my macrobinocular series, simply because I hate Belsavis and its odd transport system.
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

MisterBlackJack
05.29.2014 , 07:55 AM | #12
I love these questlines they are to me the best aspect of the RotHC expansion. The seeker droid is really easy if you have the blue enhancer scanner makes getting them 10x faster. And the macrobinocular questlines is a fun puzzle quest with the best heroic 4/flashpoint in the game imo.

Also the GSI are really easy to do if you have a group and a great way to get basic comms for isotope 5s
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

AlrikFassbauer
05.29.2014 , 08:14 AM | #13
The nice thing is that you can dig out additional stuff in certain areas even after the "digging droid" (as I call the droid) quest ...
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

Gwena
05.29.2014 , 12:55 PM | #14
I didn't bother to finish any Seeker Droid quests, as they seemed rather tedious to me. If you wanted any of the special stuff you can dig up, though, I think it would be worth it to try.

The macrobinocular quests were pretty fun, a nice change of pace. I scanned all the MCR-99 droids too while I was doing the quests, so all that traveling didn't seem so pointless.

But as far as the rewards you get for completing the quests go, for the amount of time spent I was rather unimpressed. And honestly, it was disappointing to have the solo quests culminate in Heroics (which I will never get to do because I am awful at jumping).

Basically, if they seem fun or you want the goodies, go for it. Otherwise, feel free to skip 'em.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

JouerTue
05.29.2014 , 04:59 PM | #15
i enjoyed them a lot, most the seeking around with the droid..did once both when they were fresh and there wasn't all that legacy gear around..they were worthy for that imo. gsi dailies are tedious..you can always give it a shot..at one of them at least.

Nazdika
06.03.2014 , 06:54 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
And honestly, it was disappointing to have the solo quests culminate in Heroics (which I will never get to do because I am awful at jumping).
Team up with good jumpers in case you want to complete that one. You can catch up with the ones ahead. For me those heroics were indeed some of the best in the entire game. So the jumping should not hold you back.

Fidelicatessen
06.03.2014 , 11:23 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Nazdika View Post
Team up with good jumpers in case you want to complete that one. You can catch up with the ones ahead. For me those heroics were indeed some of the best in the entire game. So the jumping should not hold you back.
/agree

BEST. HEROICS. EVAR.