Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worth Doing Macrobinocular and Droid Seeker Missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Worth Doing Macrobinocular and Droid Seeker Missions?

rakhtar
05.27.2014 , 09:43 AM | #1
So ive been 55 for about a week now and came across the Macrobinocular and Droid Seeker Missions. I did the introductory missions and am now on Taris and realizing that the missions objectives are spread out across the map. Made think, is it worth doing all the running around? I heard you can get some cool armor from it but i took a look at it and didnt realliy care for the armor. So is there any other reward for completing the missions? I did a bit of research and heard the seeker droids arent very reliable. Just wondering if i can just skip this part of the game if i dont really care for the items, and just continue with dailies and fps and ops, or is it worth the time to invest into these tedious missions? Thank you

AlrikFassbauer
05.27.2014 , 11:40 AM | #2
To those who find all of this hack & slay combat tedious, those new quest lines were and refrishing difference.
For those who love hack & slay, it might be vice versa.

EranofArcadia
05.27.2014 , 12:44 PM | #3
I have enjoyed the macrobinocular stuff - especially the puzzles, which is a nice gameplay change - but find using the seeker droid incredibly tedious.

Kremsau
05.27.2014 , 03:06 PM | #4
Are there gear rewards for these outside of the GSI Reputation vendor?

Also, I was doing Seeker Droid stuff and I got a mission on to fly to the Arcanum, an instanced space station. Is there an order to these things, should I not be repeating the same ones? Do the Seeker Droid's have their own story line to them? I assumed it was just repeatable non-sense like Oricon Dailies.
Harbinger:
Kremsau - 60 Sentinel & Ergus - 47 Vanguard
Kodamy - 60 Sniper & Maalis - 31 Sith Warrior

Loc_n_lol
05.27.2014 , 03:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kremsau View Post
Are there gear rewards for these outside of the GSI Reputation vendor?
Nothing worthwhile. The kind of stuff you'd get on Makeb, and some 148s.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kremsau View Post
Also, I was doing Seeker Droid stuff and I got a mission on to fly to the Arcanum, an instanced space station. Is there an order to these things, should I not be repeating the same ones? Do the Seeker Droid's have their own story line to them? I assumed it was just repeatable non-sense like Oricon Dailies.
The seeker droid and macrobinocular stuff are 2 non-repeatable questlines, that take you roughly to the same planets to do stuff, and occasionally on a separate mission, like Arcanum. They both end with non-repeatable heroic 4 missions, which unlock a unique title once completed, and give you the binocs or seeker droid as a permanent ability rather than an item in your inventory.

AshlaBoga
05.27.2014 , 04:51 PM | #6
As a break from grinding mobs for comms and credits? Yes.

In terms of credits and comms for time spent? No.

I found it fun but not profitable.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

psandak
05.27.2014 , 05:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
To those who find all of this hack & slay combat tedious, those new quest lines were and refrishing difference.
I agree with this sentiment; it was a nice change of pace. My only problem with these quest lines is that they go on and on and on and on and on...I would say I got about a third of the way through on one character and said enough and never again.

Kulyok
05.28.2014 , 01:46 AM | #8
Droid seeker missions are kind of boring - it took me a lot of time to understand how that thing worked, and I'm still not sure I got it.

Macrobinocular missions could be fun, if they were given together with the planetary missions. As it is, you just visit the planets again, spend a lot of time driving, and it makes no sense.

Puzzles were especially annoying to me: I figured out some, had to go to dulfy for the next ones, and I especially didn't like the fact that the last missions, Heroic 4's, had puzzles, too, .i.e. you had to alt-tab to dulfy all the time.

In other words, not fond of this and GSI stuff. Makeb at least had good story, especially Imperial Makeb.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Fidelicatessen
05.28.2014 , 02:08 AM | #9
I loved them, but I had 3 friends to do them with (Thursday night group, worked on these missions every Thursday for about a month).

They are a great change-of-pace and the armor and titles you get are unique. What you have to go through to get them makes them especially unique, as few will have completed the quest line.

phalczen
05.28.2014 , 10:22 PM | #10
I believe you have to complete the Macrobinocular mission series on a toon of both factions in order to be able to start searching for the MCR-99 droids for that achievement and its associated pet. I have never been able to scan an MCR-99 droid except on the toon on which I have completed the mission.