Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Unable to send my companions on tradeskill missions...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Unable to send my companions on tradeskill missions...

axemanrhoads's Avatar


axemanrhoads
12.25.2011 , 12:05 PM | #11
I also started having this issue last night after I picked up Doc on my Jedi Guardian and I also got that same response to my ticket. It isn't only affecting that character, though. All three of my characters that have crew skills can no longer send companions out on missions. I even tried dropping one on one of my alts to see if that would help and not only did it not help, now my it shows that my Guardian has four crew skills instead of three. What a fun bug.
Squadron 11-11-11

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
12.25.2011 , 01:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by axemanrhoads View Post
I also started having this issue last night after I picked up Doc on my Jedi Guardian and I also got that same response to my ticket. It isn't only affecting that character, though. All three of my characters that have crew skills can no longer send companions out on missions. I even tried dropping one on one of my alts to see if that would help and not only did it not help, now my it shows that my Guardian has four crew skills instead of three. What a fun bug.
At least it's somewhat "good" to know that dropping a crew skill won't fix it, and even make it worse.

With that in mind, however, it's simply ridiculous that we're being told to, "check future patch notes for upcoming changes."
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

Fatesender's Avatar


Fatesender
12.25.2011 , 02:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
At least it's somewhat "good" to know that dropping a crew skill won't fix it, and even make it worse.

With that in mind, however, it's simply ridiculous that we're being told to, "check future patch notes for upcoming changes."
Well if it's a bug that requires a patch to fix then yes you'll have to wait. That's a pretty standard thing. GM's don't have these mythical god tools that can fix everything.
HK-47 Beta Group!

Nevers's Avatar


Nevers
12.25.2011 , 02:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Fatesender View Post
Well if it's a bug that requires a patch to fix then yes you'll have to wait. That's a pretty standard thing. GM's don't have these mythical god tools that can fix everything.
All in game support is automated... You have to call them to get them to look at an issue in game.

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
12.25.2011 , 02:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Fatesender View Post
Well if it's a bug that requires a patch to fix then yes you'll have to wait. That's a pretty standard thing. GM's don't have these mythical god tools that can fix everything.
Wow, really? Gee. Thanks for the heads up.

Aaaaaaaaaaanyways...

The point is, we're being sent their generic, standard, automated e-mail that is sent to ANYONE who submits any sort of feedback or bug report, or even a feature request. We're not, however, getting any sort of customer support to let us know, first-hand, that it's a problem being worked on.

That's the point, and one that Bioware seems to be having a very difficult time understanding with their CS team right now. It's as if they think one standard auto-generated e-mail is good to cover any CS tickets submitted, and everyone will be satisfied.

It's similar to calling customer support and them just saying, "Hello. Goodbye. *click* -dialtone-" That's exactly how it feels to get those auto-generated, keyword filtered, CS e-mails from them.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
12.26.2011 , 09:17 AM | #16
Relentless bump.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

axemanrhoads's Avatar


axemanrhoads
12.26.2011 , 09:45 AM | #17
I just wanted to add that repairing the game's files through the launcher did fix the four crew skills bug I was having but I still can't send any companions on missions. Hopefully we'll hear something from Bioware about this soon other than wait for a patch.
Squadron 11-11-11

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
12.26.2011 , 04:43 PM | #18
I found what appears to be a fix...will know for sure once my companion returns from mission:

I got one of the "Mission Discovery: Bioanalysis" items, and used it. Upon doing so, I am now able to send my companion on that mission, and my other companion can go on missions once again.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

axemanrhoads's Avatar


axemanrhoads
12.26.2011 , 11:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
I found what appears to be a fix...will know for sure once my companion returns from mission:

I got one of the "Mission Discovery: Bioanalysis" items, and used it. Upon doing so, I am now able to send my companion on that mission, and my other companion can go on missions once again.
That seems to have fixed my problem as well. Thank you for the suggestion.
Squadron 11-11-11

oceansofmars's Avatar


oceansofmars
12.30.2011 , 11:55 AM | #20
Going to try this "fix"
Get Rich Or Die Trying