Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Technical] Need technical help with download.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
[Technical] Need technical help with download.

RikuvonDrake
05.24.2014 , 10:17 PM | #1
Important: This message was posted on reddit and so far none were able to solve the problem, due to the original reddit user not being a subscriber I posted this message in order to help him get an official answer, and help, to his problem.

Hello. Thanks for reading. I have a problem with my SWTOR download. I signed up and downloaded the streaming launcher about 2-3 weeks ago. I was under the impression that I wouldn't have to download more than 25 GB in total. But for some reason the streaming client downloaded about 50GB of data!!

I'm not kidding and I know this because I have an 80GB download cap and I wasted soo much of it. And the weird thing is, the actual game folder is only 25gb now. So it's been downloading useless data. But that was before and I didn't regret it then because it was a good game. I rolled a Jedi Sentinel and got to lvl 37 and made it to Hoth. And then this happened. http://imgur.com/a/Z3cWt

Serious texture issues and that hole you see there made me fall through the world. So I figured there might be some minor bit of data that was incomplete from the download even though I downloaded 50 FREAKING GBs of it. But I ran it this time on the non-streaming client. It made a check and proceeded to download a 1.5 gb video file. And then it moved to Main assets 1 which was 12 FREAKING GBs. WHAT THE HELL?! How much more of this game do I have to download?!?!

Has anyone else ever had this problem before? Because I cannot afford to download the whole game again right now.... Any help/advice appreciated. Thank you.

Riku

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse

OwenBrooks
05.24.2014 , 11:47 PM | #2
Game repair is done by one of two methods ( its either one or the other not both depending on game install method )
So there is 2 patching methods.
Method 1

Non-Streaming launcher (SSN) - No Letters ST on the lower left of launcher after login
Need to Login on the launcher , then before pressing play, goto the lower left cog and press the repair button.

Method 2

Streaming launcher (BR) - Letters ST on the lower left of launcher after login
close launcher, right mouse click on game shortcut, select open file location, delete the bitraider folder, start the launcher

Now if you swap from Method 2 to Method 1 , then yes the game will download again ( 25 + 25 )
So to swap to the non-streaming launcher is a new game install as you have encountered.

RikuvonDrake
05.25.2014 , 09:39 AM | #3
Thank you!

The issue has been resolved

Riku

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse