Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can I help player improve in GSF?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
How can I help player improve in GSF?

Sidenti
05.27.2014 , 01:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BulletsChase View Post
So pub side on my server can get laughable bad at times, however I know many people that are queuing are simply new to the game. Aside from trying to give call outs in pvp, what can I do help the community at large get better, (for those willing to listen).
Simple. Don't worry about it and do your own thing. Your responsibility as a player is to have fun. That's it. You're not responsible for raising talent levels, fixing matchmaking, or anything other than flying and laughing. -bp

DamascusAdontise
05.27.2014 , 01:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuciwalker View Post
VOIP frequently makes me fly worse because I am paying more attention having casual conversations with people in channel than actually flying.
Your not the only one, if a debate gets started you can find me aimlessly humping an asteroid or turning around a sat....

Until I catch myself that is, then I shut up and play.

I don't understand peoples reluctance to join VOIP, I used to think it was difficult but much to my surprise once setup its literally 1-2 clicks to get in, and with this games social structure (friends groups etc) its insanely easy to join a group.

I could understand the anti group rants if this was not a MMORPG, technically grouping is what separates these types of games from more solo oriented ones. I just don't understand why people come into this expecting anything less. Grouping / other people and the community is a HUGE percentage of what keeps me playing this game, not that I cannot survive without it (because I pug just fine) but because its fun to play with / against people I know and respect.

You do not have to use VOIP, you can be effective without it (I am frequently), VOIP does help though. Group play is not what you think it is, we only call targets in matches where the competition is very stiff and even then its not every target, more like targets of interest such as incoming bombers or gunships.

The main advantage of using voice IMO is calling for peels IE "Get this guy offa me" or "Crap theyre pushing C need help" or "im on the node you go peel" etc etc. This is the same type of stuff you could do through text albeit faster and more easily accomplished through voice.

Say what you will but its available, its not against the rules morally or actually, and refusal to accept it will not A) stop people from using it or B) make the dev's ban it. You have two choices, either use it or don't and both have pro's and con's.
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Circle of Emnity] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!

General_Brass
05.27.2014 , 04:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidenti View Post
Simple. Don't worry about it and do your own thing. Your responsibility as a player is to have fun. That's it. You're not responsible for raising talent levels, fixing matchmaking, or anything other than flying and laughing. -bp
It's amazing how many people argue that getting slaughtered should be fun for players.

Ryuku-sama
05.27.2014 , 06:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Magira View Post
This is pve. The boss will not complain. Here we are in PVP, with real opponents.
Good luck to get in group rWZ.... Yolo rWZ doesn't count as top PvPer
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Sidenti
05.28.2014 , 06:45 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Brass View Post
It's amazing how many people argue that getting slaughtered should be fun for players.
You're not getting slaughtered. Piles of pixels are. No money on the table. No trophies on the line. Just the approval or disapproval of some lines of code.

Context. It's important. -bp

Zoom_VI
05.28.2014 , 08:20 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Brass View Post
So TLDR It's only fair if I'm winning.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.