Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Point of Reference for TDM Maps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Point of Reference for TDM Maps

Korithras
05.23.2014 , 07:10 PM | #1
Some point of reference would be very helpful in TDM maps. There are times I might be trying to fly back closer to my side of the map, only to realize that no matter which way I turn I'm somehow going the wrong way. This is kind of the fault of the minimap in that it's a 2D plane telling you where you are in a 3D environment.

It's not as much of a problem in Domination maps for instance because of the fact that we have the sats marked on our HUD and we can easily use them as a frame of reference to determine which way we want to go. So maybe put something similar in? Like marking the spawn point(s) so that, using them as a point of reference, we can right ourselves and get headed in the proper direction we want to go.

General_Brass
05.23.2014 , 07:23 PM | #2
Agreed. Improved directionals have been a long standing peeve of mine.

Verain
05.24.2014 , 12:18 AM | #3
I can see the argument that you eventually get your bearings just with practice (same few maps after all).

That being said, yes please. Just an artificial horizon would go a mile here.

BattleDress
05.24.2014 , 12:50 AM | #4
Even i get lost sometimes..

I second this idea.
I am not for the Empire. I am not for the Republic. I am for the credits and the fame.

SammyGStatus
05.26.2014 , 08:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by verain View Post
i can see the argument that you eventually get your bearings just with practice (same few maps after all).

That being said, yes please. Just an artificial horizon would go a mile here.
truth
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Storm-Cutter
05.26.2014 , 08:36 AM | #6
3-D map! What are you thinking? The microcomputer game 'Elite' had a 3-D HUD for the enemies back in 1984 - that's 30 years ago. - and in code that squeezed into 12K of memory. Technology doesn't move forward FFS!
-Storm Cutter.