Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GSF Rewards VS PVE Rewards Modest proposal don't turn off double credits.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
GSF Rewards VS PVE Rewards Modest proposal don't turn off double credits.

Korithras
05.25.2014 , 04:27 AM | #11
The type of rewards GSF needs isn't credits, right now there's no incentive to play GSF other than for enjoyment of the game itself. If there were rewards for participating in/winning matches, (i.e. mod gear, weapons, speeders, etc.) there would be ALOT more people involved in the game. As it is right now the only things we get are a small handful of titles, a few achievements with cartel coin rewards attached to them, and new ships to unlock.

All well and good, but it doesn't offer an incentive for people who want some form of swag to show off their GSF-ness outside of GSF itself.

General_Brass
05.25.2014 , 12:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
The type of rewards GSF needs isn't credits, right now there's no incentive to play GSF other than for enjoyment of the game itself. If there were rewards for participating in/winning matches, (i.e. mod gear, weapons, speeders, etc.) there would be ALOT more people involved in the game. As it is right now the only things we get are a small handful of titles, a few achievements with cartel coin rewards attached to them, and new ships to unlock.

All well and good, but it doesn't offer an incentive for people who want some form of swag to show off their GSF-ness outside of GSF itself.
Well, I can't see offering swag to show off without it being earned through ranked team matches. As things stand the matches are overwhelmingly bad jokes, and gsf only swag would just increase the incentive for making them worse. If you take a look ground pvp it's bad enough tossing solos together for ranked rewards http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._angry_people/
It would be hard see the benefit of ratcheting that up in this game.

Bringing the overall credit rewards in line with other activities would at least make the game more attractive to people that aren't playing just GSF.

Korithras
05.25.2014 , 04:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Brass View Post
Well, I can't see offering swag to show off without it being earned through ranked team matches. As things stand the matches are overwhelmingly bad jokes, and gsf only swag would just increase the incentive for making them worse. If you take a look ground pvp it's bad enough tossing solos together for ranked rewards http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._angry_people/
It would be hard see the benefit of ratcheting that up in this game.

Bringing the overall credit rewards in line with other activities would at least make the game more attractive to people that aren't playing just GSF.
Well not necessarily. I mean, sure. The alphas who prey on lesser-skilled, lesser-geared players will always be a problem. There's no getting around that. But offering the chance for loot outside of GSF will give the incentive to play to more people. In which case, if you have more people playing, you have less of a chance to be prey to the predators.

Credits alone won't be enough to solve this problem, plain and simple. There are far easier, faster, and less painful (i.e. other players not trying to kill you) ways to farm credits: Playing the GTN, running dailies on planets like Oricon and Section X, the list goes on. But the point is they take less time and effort than joining a GSF queue, sitting around waiting for it to pop, then praying you don't get stuck up against a premade.