Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

GSF Rewards VS PVE Rewards Modest proposal don't turn off double credits.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
GSF Rewards VS PVE Rewards Modest proposal don't turn off double credits.

General_Brass's Avatar


General_Brass
05.23.2014 , 04:34 PM | #1
With the upcoming double credits for GSF event I got a little curious about just what effect that would have on my in game earnings. Currently I don't consider GSF a real income source it always struck me as falling far behind everything else I do in the game, but this event prompted me to check.

So doing my regular pve activities in the game gave me the following hourly rate
90K credits
30 Basic comms
1 Exotic Element equalizer
Misc Rep drops no easily assignable value + orange/blue gear

Now putting in GSF into the equation
Avg Match time 12 minutes avg award 6k credits: 30k Credits/hr assuming instant match pops.

So even at double credit awards for GSF it is still far behind other game activities in terms of rewards/time.

It would help GSF endlessly if people playing it, weren't effectively paying credits in terms of lost opportunities to play it.

SammyGStatus's Avatar


SammyGStatus
05.23.2014 , 05:12 PM | #2
Would love this, but I doubt it :/
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

General_Brass's Avatar


General_Brass
05.23.2014 , 06:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
Would love this, but I doubt it :/
Yeah, there seems to be a leaning amongst MMOs to punish PvP rewards*. I suppose on the plus side, it makes it that much easier for people to leave matches they think will be unenjoyable.

*It's really baffling to me as well seeing as lack of endgame content is always a problem. Well, I guess it's too many people saying this is the way WoW does it so it has to be right.

Verain's Avatar


Verain
05.24.2014 , 12:14 AM | #4
Agree entirely. I wouldn't normally say it, because I don't play enough of the game to know whether the values are bad are good, but the rewards should be similar to other queued activities.

Asbetos's Avatar


Asbetos
05.24.2014 , 05:56 AM | #5
Agree, I don't really get why the credit rewards in PvP are so measly, both in WoW and here. After all, it is harder to kill players than it is to kill mobs, right?
The Progenitor
Darth Xinthos Skykiller <Nestinar>
Captain Zyka Skykiller - in reserves

Zoom_VI's Avatar


Zoom_VI
05.24.2014 , 07:35 AM | #6
Yeah because this will go over any better than this did....
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

JeepWithGuy's Avatar


JeepWithGuy
05.24.2014 , 01:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Brass View Post
Yeah, there seems to be a leaning amongst MMOs to punish PvP rewards*. I suppose on the plus side, it makes it that much easier for people to leave matches they think will be unenjoyable.
This is to discourage bots queuing. They want to make it optimal for a real person to manually farm credits to slow down credit farmers. GSF rewards all players of the same level equal credits as I recall. So low/no performance gets as much as top gun.
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Agree entirely. I wouldn't normally say it, because I don't play enough of the game to know whether the values are bad are good, but the rewards should be similar to other queued activities.
Rewards are low because it's F2P content. They want to lock efficient credit farming behind paywalls. Section X, Czerka, and Oricon all require a purchase for example.
Constant Warfare: MMO helpsite. You just have to ask.
Pylan Traitine

Zoom_VI's Avatar


Zoom_VI
05.24.2014 , 01:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Agree entirely. I wouldn't normally say it, because I don't play enough of the game to know whether the values are bad are good, but the rewards should be similar to other queued activities.
Actually PvP pays the same at any rate. 7.25k per win at 55.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Grue_Hunter's Avatar


Grue_Hunter
05.24.2014 , 02:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Brass View Post
With the upcoming double credits for GSF event I got a little curious about just what effect that would have on my in game earnings. Currently I don't consider GSF a real income source it always struck me as falling far behind everything else I do in the game, but this event prompted me to check.

So doing my regular pve activities in the game gave me the following hourly rate
90K credits
30 Basic comms
1 Exotic Element equalizer
Misc Rep drops no easily assignable value + orange/blue gear

Now putting in GSF into the equation
Avg Match time 12 minutes avg award 6k credits: 30k Credits/hr assuming instant match pops.

So even at double credit awards for GSF it is still far behind other game activities in terms of rewards/time.

It would help GSF endlessly if people playing it, weren't effectively paying credits in terms of lost opportunities to play it.
It's about the same as regular PvP. And unfortunately, just as unprofitable.
On the Harbinger

REPUBLIC - Jilda (Scoundrel), Nilda (Shadow), Jallera (Sentinel), Tiberiusx (Comm)


IMPERIAL - Sixee (Merc), Gilda (Operative), Cilda (Sin)

MCaliban's Avatar


MCaliban
05.24.2014 , 02:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Brass View Post
Yeah, there seems to be a leaning amongst MMOs to punish PvP rewards*. I suppose on the plus side, it makes it that much easier for people to leave matches they think will be unenjoyable.

*It's really baffling to me as well seeing as lack of endgame content is always a problem. Well, I guess it's too many people saying this is the way WoW does it so it has to be right.
They did the same thing for ground PvP.

At launch, the per hour benefit was good, especially for lower level toons. Then they slashed the credit reward in half.

I'm guessing someone thinks that we 'ought' to be going out and questing and doing flashpoints instead of PvPing.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.