Character Account Transfer

KepsFight

I don't know if it's just me, I highly doubt it, but I really wish they would implement character account transfer. Me and a family member, plus a friend all want to play swtor together. But we can't because mine and theirs characters are on the same account. So please could we add this feature to the game please!!!

Probably never gonna happen because it opens up the door to character sales.

Looks like somebody is gonna have to start over if you want to play together.

This and account sharing is against the EULA in just about every MMO in existence. The three of you are pretty much out of luck. Learn from this experience and make sure that every person who wants to play the game does so, each with their own, individual account.

I don't know if it's just me, I highly doubt it, but I really wish they would implement character account transfer. Me and a family member, plus a friend all want to play swtor together. But we can't because mine and theirs characters are on the same account. So please could we add this feature to the game please!!!

It's actually not that difficult to do. SWG allowed transfers between accounts. You just had to "prove" that you owned both accounts.

Sharing accounts among multiple people *is* a violation of the TOS/EULA. So, I wouldn't expect much sympathy or support for this.

We both have our own account, and I meant that me and my friend can play together, but my family member can't play with us because their only toon is on my account because they wanted to try out the game. They ended up liking the game and made their own account. But they want to play the 55 that's on my account and can't, and they really don't want to have to get gear all over again on that toon.

Just to throw it out there, the account owners are in violation of both the EULA and the TOS. You agreed to both of these before you logged in the first time, and every time since they have changed.

If "they" have geared level 55s on your account, then they did a lot more than just see if they liked the game. Furthermore, since the game has had a Free to Play (Free to Download) model for 18 months, this isn't a recent development.

To gain access to the Software, you must: (a) have acquired the Software (whether on DVD-ROM, CD-ROM or other physical media or by digital download) by legal means; (b) have installed the Software on your computer; © have a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic ("SWTOR") account and accept the EA Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and SWTOR Rules of Conduct (available at http://www.swtor.com); (d) agree to share your account and game play information (but not any of your billing information) with EA’s licensor, LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. ("LucasArts"); and (e) have accepted this EUALA.

Transfer.

You may make a one time permanent transfer of all your rights to install and use packaged Software on physical recording media to another individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you transfer or delete all copies of the Software ; and (b) you retain no copies of the Software. You may not transfer your Account and/or any associated subscriptions to a third party, and EA may require that any subsequent end user of the Software register the Software online as a condition of use, and will not be responsible should you not be able to transfer the right to access game play, receive updates, upgrades, dynamically served content, any achievements and/or items already purchased or otherwise acquired by you through micro-transactions whether or not paid for, or the right to use any online service(s) of EA. It is your responsibility to ascertain the ability of any person to whom you intend to transfer the Software to receive the Software and/or open and utilise an Account, including by consulting any applicable Terms of Service to determine the conditions that may be applicable for the use of an Account, if applicable.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/euala

Unless expressly authorized by EA, you may not sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer your Account or any personal access to EA Services, Content or Entitlements, including by use of auction websites.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Had something similar happen to a guild mate. He was playing and allowed his son to play at times when he wasn't on. Few hours a week here and there, until they both really got into it and realized they had 2 55's and wanted to raid.

End result paied for a second sub and a new laptop for his son whom got the original account (now at about 4 fully geared 55's) and he got to start from scratch :)

Your best best (don't even bother asking CS) is to just open f2p accounts and reroll chars. when they get leveled you can always give them the gear back.

Well maybe I will have to reroll all my character's I really hope that I wouldn't have to. But nobody can say that I'm the only one who wants this feature. If, at the time I felt like it was needed I would have made them make an account for themselves, but no one really seemed to care, and they are not geared trust me. In a nutshell this is what happened...

My family member made an account, I made a character on said account, geared him, and decided I liked the game, so yes I made my own account. But I want to play my character on that account at the same time as them, so I would prefer that I be allowed to transfer my character over to my account. It's simple, I haven't broken any rules, I read the terms, and am a normal person who wants to simply just switch a character from one account to another!!

Edited by KepsFight
Replying

Well maybe I will have to reroll all my character's I really hope that I wouldn't have to. But nobody can say that I'm the only one who wants this feature. If, at the time I felt like it was needed I would have made them make an account for themselves, but no one really seemed to care, and they are not geared trust me. In a nutshell this is what happened...

My family member made an account, I made a character on said account, geared him, and decided I liked the game, so yes I made my own account. But I want to play my character on that account at the same time as them, so I would prefer that I be allowed to transfer my character over to my account. It's simple, I haven't broken any rules, I read the terms, and am a normal person who wants to simply just switch a character from one account to another!!

sharing accounts is against the TOS. no matter how much you ask, it will never happen. Your one and only option is to re-roll.

Ok for the last time, I am not sharing an account with anyone now, I spent one month, if that on my mom's account! I then made me an account and all I require is to transfer but 2 characters from her account... to mine. It's simple. And again haven't broke any rules. :mad:

Ok for the last time, I am not sharing an account with anyone now, I spent one month, if that on my mom's account! I then made me an account and all I require is to transfer but 2 characters from her account... to mine. It's simple. And again haven't broke any rules. :mad:

you did share, thats the problem. CS has not, does not, and will never allow char transfers from one account to another. Regardless if the account is currently shared or not. It WAS shared (which was against the TOS and still is) and thus all chars belong to a single account there is no concept of 'who plays it". One account = one player, end of issue.

Selling accounts is against their TOS. They do not know if the account you created now and the char "you" previously played are of the same origin. This is a slope they will not enter.

It sucks I understand that, something you are going to have to live with and either bite the bullet and re-roll or start new char types.

I could prove easily that I do not share an account with anyone at all except for that little less than a month of time to try the game out. If they really wanted to make an issue out of it just call I got nothing to hide. But for sake of arguing and pointless debate I'm just going to stop. Because it's very obvious that apparently I've broken a rule by, trying out the game, making an account, subscribing, paying for cartel coins. But no I'm breaking rules. :)

Yes, you did break the rules. Since you clearly can't admit that even to yourself, allow me to point out where you violated the EULA/TOS. Even if *you* didn't violate the EULA/TOS, the true account owner did.

To gain access to the Software, you must: (a) have acquired the Software (whether on DVD-ROM, CD-ROM or other physical media or by digital download) by legal means;

At the time, you had no legal license to access the game.

© have a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic ("SWTOR") account and accept the EA Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and SWTOR Rules of Conduct (available at http://www.swtor.com);
You did not have your own account.

Transfer.

You may make a one time permanent transfer of all your rights to install and use packaged Software on physical recording media to another individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you transfer or delete all copies of the Software ; and (b) you retain no copies of the Software. You may not transfer your Account and/or any associated subscriptions to a third party,

I personally do not care, nor do I think a significant majority of other players care. I am simply pointing out where you violated the rules and that the result of the violations are these problems that you now seek to have Bioware correct.

Had the true account owner not violated the rules, none of you would be in this predicament.

I feel for you, I really do. But there really isn't a fix for this that you are going to like.

Edited by ekwalizer

If you don't care and feel other people don't care, then that is also simple, don't correct me where I don't need corrected. Irregardless I have my own account, they have their own account, and without re-rolling we would all like to play our current toons together. :) Edited by KepsFight
Replying

So let's see...

a) I legally obtained a copy of the game through digital download.

b) I have my own account or else I wouldn't be here debating.

c) I haven't tried to transfer anything.

Need me to go on?

What does it matter?

It's not like they really hunt down and ban people for sharing accounts (unless they post on the forums bragging about it and draw attention to themselves).

You've got your own account.

They will very likely never offer account to account character transfers.

Just play your new characters and enjoy the game.

You shared for 'only a month' and got a 'geared 55' and another character, and want them to implement this feature to transfer those characters to another account, a feature that will undoubtedly take more than a month to implement and open the door to character trading/selling, and the backdoor bound mods, legacy abilities, and collection trading that goes with it. All because you didn't feel the need to make your own free login in the first place.

If I levelled and geared that fast, I'd reroll before waiting for such an unlikely feature.

So let's see...

Need me to go on?

Just because you go buy a car after driving stolen cars for a month doesn't mean that you didn't steal cars for a month. The absolute worse case scenario is that you get your and your mom's account banned for coming here talking about how you violated the ToS/EULA and now want them to reward you for it. The best case you can hope for is that they just do nothing.

You can't even keep your stories straight when they are in writing RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. How do you expect us to believe you? Let's look at a few of your statements in the order in which they were made, shall we.

We both have our own account, and I meant that me and my friend can play together, but my family member can't play with us because their only toon is on my account because they wanted to try out the game. They ended up liking the game and made their own account. But they want to play the 55 that's on my account and can't, and they really don't want to have to get gear all over again on that toon.

Here you say that your family member was playing on YOUR account and then they created their own account. This would mean that you had your account BEFORE your family member had their account.

And just to throw it in there I actually made a toon on their account but am not able to play it. I now have my own account, but would like to switch my current 55 from theirs to mine.

Here you say that you made a character on their account and NOW you have your own account. The implication being that you did NOT have your own account when you made your character on their account, meaning that they had their account BEFORE you had your account. Yet, that cannot be possible because you already said that you had your account BEFORE your family member had their account. Both statements CANNOT be true.

Finally, we have two conflicting stories IN THE SAME POST.

First, you claim that you "would have made them make an account for themselves". This implies that you had your account FIRST and that you let them play on your account.

Then, in the SAME POST, you say your family member made an account, then you made a character on your family member's account to see if you liked the game and THEN created your own account. This means that your family member had their account first, NOT you.

This is one of the reasons why it is always better to tell the truth. You only have ONE story to worry about, not a pack of falsehoods.

You DID break the rules. You violated the TOS and the EULA that you signed when you let someone else share your account, and when you shared your family member's account.

If you don't care and feel other people don't care, then that is also simple, don't correct me where I don't need corrected. Irregardless I have my own account, they have their own account, and without re-rolling we would all like to play our current toons together. :)

see thats the part you are missing.

Those chars belong to the ACCOUNT, not to you, not me, the person whos name is on that account. THEY have multiple 55's. Makes no difference who's behind the keyboard, just whose account it is.

So the moment you opened your account, you start off and play just like any other person does. Leveling toons. If the other account wants to give you gear, credits, etc. They are more than willing to part with their stuff. But chars have been, are, and ALWAYS will be tied to an account. Regardless of who played them.

They will not condone selling/transferring of accounts (which is basically what you are asking) since they have no idea who is actually playing said account. So just because you are not breaking the rules now, did not mean you didn't violate them previously.

From their perspective account A has x toons, account B 0. Account B asks to transfer x/2 toons from account A. No way to verify if those chars were purchased, traded, or agreed to be transferred for various reasons that violate their own rules. But you feel the need to ask for it anyway knowing full well that the rules back then are the same as the rules now. 1 account = 1 person. All chars belong to accounts and not people.

Just be lucky they don't do a retroactive ban on BOTH accounts and take everything. Also with in their rules and TOS.

You may not be violating the TOS now, but you DID when you were sharing an account. Your actions have put your account AND your mommy's account in jeopardy.

I could prove easily that I do not share an account with anyone at all except for that little less than a month of time to try the game out. If they really wanted to make an issue out of it just call I got nothing to hide. But for sake of arguing and pointless debate I'm just going to stop. Because it's very obvious that apparently I've broken a rule by, trying out the game, making an account, subscribing, paying for cartel coins. But no I'm breaking rules. :)

The TOS states that account sharing is a violation. There is no "grace period". Account sharing IS account sharing and is subject to action including banning, even if it is for one day.

You broke the rule by SHARING AN ACCOUNT, not simply by trying the game.

It sound to me like you are "just going to stop" because you have NO leg upon which to stand.

So let's see...

Need me to go on?

But NONE of those three conditions were true when you violated the TOS by ACCOUNT SHARING, did they?

If you don't care and feel other people don't care, then that is also simple, don't correct me where I don't need corrected. Irregardless I have my own account, they have their own account, and without re-rolling we would all like to play our current toons together. :)

I thought you were "just going to give up". I see you are still trying to defend violating the TOS. Worse, you are still claiming that you did not break the rules, when it is CLEAR that you did.