Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GSF: Strike Nights

Nemarus
05.22.2014 , 06:37 PM | #1
GSF is a great game with a rich variety of ships and components to play. But occasionally, we long for simpler times, when Star Wars space combat games were a bit more ... traditional.

The old LucasArts games like X-wing and TIE Fighter didn't have space shotguns, space sniper rifles, autonomous space turrets, deployable mines, or offensive cooldowns. In X-wing, you just had your lasers, your missiles or torpedoes, your shields, and your wits.

Ships moved slow. Time-to-kill was high. But with the pace slowed down, you had time to think, strategize, and enjoy gazing at the stars.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

In honor of those times and those games, I'd like to invite you all to take part in Strike Nights.

The concept is simple: one night a week, we try to get as many GSF pilots as possible running Strikes only (T1, T2, or T3--any components). Undoubtedly there will be some who do not participate--either because they don't want to or aren't aware. But I suspect most The Ebon Hawk veterans will be interested in trying this, just as a once-a-week experiment.

If you decide to participate, then please reply to this thread. During the event, set your readied ships to only include Strikes. This lets friend and foe alike know that you are participating (and it also ensures that no one switches to something else to avoid a loss). And of course, spread the word to your premade, guild, and [Gsf] buddies

Note that this event is optional! And no one should feel shamed / forced to participate! The best way to get more people to fly Strikes is to share how much fun you're having--not to insult, accuse, or focus. You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

--------------------------

UPDATE: The first two Strike Night Mondays have both been huge successes! Let's keep it rolling next Monday, on the 9th!

NEXT STRIKE NIGHT: Monday, August 18th, 7pm to 1am EST

--------------------------
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Anli
05.22.2014 , 06:47 PM | #2
pewpew

Ryuku-sama
05.22.2014 , 06:50 PM | #3
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Sadly I won't be able to play May 26th... Anyway I'll hunt Bot the Computer in his MissileGoat next time...
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Caernos
05.22.2014 , 07:38 PM | #4
I can't guarantee that I will be around on Monday for that, but if I am, I will participate. (Once someone reminds me, of course).
Cynfor Cinderheart and the Cinderheart Legacy: The Ebon Hawk
The FanFic Works of Caernos:
Red Invitation, Parents,
Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts

Hanak
05.22.2014 , 08:05 PM | #5
I'm game - I'll repost this time and date on the Saberwing forums and see who we can dig up!
Ukvayat Hanak
Saberwing on The Ebon Hawk
Operations Leader and Recruitment Officer
"Return with Honor"

Nemarus
05.23.2014 , 12:10 PM | #6
So far I have commitments from Eclipse Squadron, Saberwing, Damage Overcharge (Aimbot, Pylan, Alex-jm, Swansea), and the Bastioneers (don't know what else to call them--Drakolich, Dementia, Valix, Gunsheep).

Keep spreading the word on [Gsf] and in matches, since not everyone visits the forums.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

QuinMantha
05.23.2014 , 02:10 PM | #7
Sexy.

Clarion Powers, Activate!

Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
...and the Bastioneers (don't know what else to call them--Drakolich, Dementia, Valix, Gunsheep).
We call them the Bastion Bastages.

But, truthfully, your term there is frankly better.
Ebon Hawkin' And Totally Rockin'

- Cmdr. Rhint Mantha, Jedi Knight, <Blue Squadron>
- Mjr. Galbaldy Mantha, Trooper
- Tsun'pahn, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler

Rollory
05.23.2014 , 03:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinMantha View Post
Clarion Powers, Activate!
Obligatory

TrinityLyre
05.23.2014 , 03:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinMantha View Post
We call them the Bastion Bastages.
I approve. We will also accept "hackers," "baddies," "people with way too much time on their hands" or our current guild name (we disbanded Burst Laser Cannon), <VOIP Bomber Premade>. We would've tried joining <Eclipse Squadron> if there was a shock collar powerful enough to restrain Verain from talking at all. Unfortunately I have had a hard time locating one through normal or alternate means (RPing).

I'll try my best to be there, stock strike fighter should be hilariously awesome.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Spouse Aggro
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

phoenixjon
05.23.2014 , 03:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by trinitylyre View Post
i approve. We will also accept "hackers," "baddies," "people with way too much time on their hands" or our current guild name (we disbanded burst laser cannon), <voip bomber premade>. We would've tried joining <eclipse squadron> if there was a shock collar powerful enough to restrain verain from talking at all. Unfortunately i have had a hard time locating one through normal or alternate means (rping).

i'll try my best to be there, stock strike fighter should be hilariously awesome. :d
rapid-fire laser canons!
Jennipher - The Bastion - Insert Guild Name Here
Rehpinnej - The Bastion - Obsidian Squadron
Gunsheep - The Ebon Hawk - VOIP Bomber Premade