Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GSF - a massive minigame that is harsh on newbies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
GSF - a massive minigame that is harsh on newbies

Kalphitis
05.21.2014 , 04:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by sporkan View Post
I think the idea of GSF has a lot of potential, but the way it's implemented I don't even want to bother with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by sporkan View Post
I took one look at Wildstar and said “next”.
I like GSF, you don't.

I like Wildstar, you don't.

Maybe we just have different tastes in games?

If that's the case, I bet you'll love these games! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MtrcSDvf4A

Highly recommend you try them out

sporkan
05.21.2014 , 05:12 PM | #12
My problem with wildstar is that their telegraph system that they are so proud of makes it look like the entire game is going to be looking at the ground for the correct color instead of actually playing the game and looking for spell effects. It's not new, like they think it is, and it makes the game less interesting.

My problems with GSF I already outlined: It's not a good experience for new players, and if it's not a good experience then why do I want to keep playing?

General_Brass
05.21.2014 , 05:14 PM | #13
Really you missed what is probably the biggest problem in the game.

It pairs premade groups on voice software against pugs. Even the best pilots in the game don't want to play against that BS. Is it any surprise that new players just stop playing ?

Icebergy
05.22.2014 , 09:49 AM | #14
I personally love GSF as it is, but I have to agree with you that it is very unfriendly to new pilots.

I personally always try to fly my weakest ships and go easy on them when the other team is all a bunch of new pilots, but even me going easy on them is pretty rough for them. And unfortunately my team often does not share my sentiments.

I have even threatened to switch to my other side pilot and hunt people down when I notice them going unnecessarily hard on the new pilots. It usually gets them to stop.

As for your suggestions, they all look good to me. I especially agree that the tutorial needs to be improved. The real problem is that people do not take advantage of it though.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Sidenti
05.22.2014 , 12:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I personally love GSF as it is, but I have to agree with you that it is very unfriendly to new pilots.

I personally always try to fly my weakest ships and go easy on them when the other team is all a bunch of new pilots, but even me going easy on them is pretty rough for them. And unfortunately my team often does not share my sentiments.

I have even threatened to switch to my other side pilot and hunt people down when I notice them going unnecessarily hard on the new pilots. It usually gets them to stop.

As for your suggestions, they all look good to me. I especially agree that the tutorial needs to be improved. The real problem is that people do not take advantage of it though.
^ I like this guy. -bp