Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Camera Rotation Speed

Theagg
05.20.2014 , 04:31 PM | #1
What has happened to this setting in Preferences. up until recently it was fairly well adjustable, now it only seems to have four steps, 0%, 26%, 52% and 77%

Prior to this I used to have it set at about 9% which was perfect for me, now I'm left with either 0%, which is too slow, or 26% which is too fast and nothing in between. This makes gaming somewhat more difficult for me, especially PvP.

Any way to tone this back down ? Trying to set this in the .ini file has no effect as it keeps resetting to default. Needless to say, this change to the camera rotation speed slider is annoying.

Infandousjlp
05.21.2014 , 04:39 AM | #2
im having the same problem really hope someone can fix this

Xarga-Ordo
05.21.2014 , 10:02 AM | #3
Yep, i'm having exactly the same issue. Just decided to do a quick google search and asked some people on the fleet if they had the same issue. Seems to be it's effecting a number of people but not everyone apparently. I had my speed at around 6% which was just right for me and yes 0% is too slow and 26% is way too fast. Hopefully this get's resolved soon as it's really hindering me playing this game well/comfortably.

I just sure hope we don't have to wait until the next patch for this to be resolved as that couple be a few weeks out

Gyronamics
05.21.2014 , 10:39 AM | #4
Ah lovely I read this thread and wrecked my own settings I hadn't changed ever.

Now my own mouse camera rotation is exceedingly slow or too fast.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Gyronamics
05.21.2014 , 06:12 PM | #5
Closed Swtor.

Opened Account.ini file and deleted the string of Controls_CameraRotationSpeed

Saved file.

Opened Swtor again, camera speed back to the original default speed.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Theagg
05.22.2014 , 08:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Closed Swtor.

Opened Account.ini file and deleted the string of Controls_CameraRotationSpeed

Saved file.

Opened Swtor again, camera speed back to the original default speed.
Yup, that worked for me too, so far anyway. Have also set the Account.ini file to read only so the game can't write that line back in. One day perhaps BW will give us back more flexibility in that slider...."one day"..famous last words.

MokiDono
05.25.2014 , 04:08 AM | #7
I have the same issue with the camera rotation speed. Cant set it to 100 percent, and can't adjust it by percentage by percentage.

Plus, if i press right click and try to mouse turn, its really buggy... sometimes it works, sometime it gets stuck. Really anoying during raids.