Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor crashing to desktop after log in

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Swtor crashing to desktop after log in

Chrisweaver
05.18.2014 , 04:41 PM | #1
Swtor keeps shutting down after I log into the game. I get as far as the loading screen song then the game shuts down.

I have run as admin and nothing. I have tried to repair the files but it seems swtor isn't patching the files after it says initializing.

Haven't got to play all week so I was hoping today would be the day I got some time in. Help me customer service you are my only hope.

Edit:
Patching the PTS right now to see if I can at least check that put. I will keep updating.

Edit:
Patched the PTS then went to repair files. Selected play. Then the game shut down and turned my resolution to 1024*764.
I restarted my laptop and tried to log into the live server. It says initializing then gives me the option to press play. It does not patch anything so the repair option does appear available. Pretty frustrated wasting my Sunday attempting to play this game.

Edit: after I initialize it says "verifying 0%" above an empty loading par. Then gives the option to play. (Like its taunting me)
Bibidi -Sorcerer 55 Végeta-Maurader 55
Chreal-Sniper 55 Gorrilla-Powertech 55
Bobidi-Assassin 55 Majin-Büü-Mercenary 55
Chrìst "the risen"-Juggernaut 55 The Bastion

OwenBrooks
05.19.2014 , 01:39 AM | #2
Goto a clean boot - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

also can try a change of dns servers - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-eefca5d278d0

Now back to the original issue if above doesn't help, try below, also check native height, native width , heigh and width settings
•Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
•Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings
•Open the client_settings.ini file and ensure the following are displayed within, or edit/add if so required:
•Fullscreen = false
•D3DFullScreen = false
•RefreshRate = 60

•Save and close the file.
•Start the game as normal.
•Change graphic settings within the game as desired.

WickedWonderland
05.19.2014 , 04:42 AM | #3
I had this very same issue after trying to edit the screen resolution in the game. Followed instructions posted on another thread and still got nowhere, absolutely nothing I tried worked and I tried everything. Finally, I gave up an uninstalled it and am in the process of reinstalling, so fingers crossed. I really hope you don't have to follow in my footsteps because this thing takes FOREVER to install.