Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operations group layouts -- specifically 16 man Ops

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Operations group layouts -- specifically 16 man Ops

Tyranthus
12.23.2011 , 09:22 AM | #1
I wish they'd enable the forum search again as I'm sure this information is here somewhere, but here goes...

In Operations, whats the standard group layout supposed to look like? Am I correct in assuming an 8-man would be 2 tanks, 2 heals, 4 dps? If so, what should the layout of a 16-man Op be?
NORSE, Scoundrel Supreme
<Dawn>

The Harbinger

Ever'day I'm smugglin...

EzFlyer
12.23.2011 , 10:03 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyranthus View Post
I wish they'd enable the forum search again as I'm sure this information is here somewhere, but here goes...

In Operations, whats the standard group layout supposed to look like? Am I correct in assuming an 8-man would be 2 tanks, 2 heals, 4 dps? If so, what should the layout of a 16-man Op be?
it's probably not universal for all 16 man / 8 man fights, you might want only one tank on certain ones. on others, depending on gear/familiarity/amount of adds/etc, you might want 2 offtanks?

i'd expect a 16 man flashpoint to typically mean 2 tanks, 3-4 heals, 10-11 dps, thereabouts.

but i'm curious as well if anyone's done a # of 16 man ops.

Fipps
12.23.2011 , 10:06 AM | #3
All fights on normal mode can be done with 1 tank 2 heals 5 dps.
▌█║▌Nerf Dialogue║█║▌
PVE-Progression-Raiding.

Tyranthus
12.23.2011 , 10:50 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fipps View Post
All fights on normal mode can be done with 1 tank 2 heals 5 dps.
And for 16-mans?
NORSE, Scoundrel Supreme
<Dawn>

The Harbinger

Ever'day I'm smugglin...

Ginsupup
12.23.2011 , 11:49 AM | #5
I'm curious, Given the Nightmare ect even for single boss fights, wouldn't you want 2 tanks at least given the way taunt works? -30% damage to attack a different target from both tanks at the same time would seriously diminish the bosses damage output. but I suppose that might be a mechanic for specific moments on certain bosses.

Mozivicus
12.23.2011 , 03:20 PM | #6
Simple n00b question here, but, how do you start a 16 man op in the game? Is there a special spot to go to on a planet to acquire the quest for the world boss?

Humankeg
12.24.2011 , 10:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ginsupup View Post
I'm curious, Given the Nightmare ect even for single boss fights, wouldn't you want 2 tanks at least given the way taunt works? -30% damage to attack a different target from both tanks at the same time would seriously diminish the bosses damage output. but I suppose that might be a mechanic for specific moments on certain bosses.
If you taunt the boss, the boss will attack you, thus will not suffer from the 30% damage debuff. That's what taunt does; force themob to attack you.

The 30% debuff only really works for pvp, where if you taunt another player, that person STILL can choose to attack something else, thus creating the 30% debuff.

tblader
01.01.2012 , 12:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
Simple n00b question here, but, how do you start a 16 man op in the game? Is there a special spot to go to on a planet to acquire the quest for the world boss?
Nope, just form a party, right click on your portrate and click convert to ops group. Also i was in a group that took out the Alderann boss new years eve and we had 20 peeps in our ops group, the max is 24 not 16.
JamesT CT-6816 West Texas Squad Leader Star Garrison
Proud Owner of movie accurate ...MK II - ABS Clone Trooper armor ~ $2000, Fiberglass Scout Trooper Armor ~ $1000, ABS Stormtrooper Armor ~ $1500
CE edition? Naw why pay extra for in-game perks when you can be the Imperial