Drop the credit cap for all free to play

LordKitana

To me it wouldnt hurt the gane at all ,I mean like peoole will still purchase stuff off cartel market. No harm in that right ?I think the games been out long enough to get rid of the credit cap. Its hard when you get capped at 350k to get what you need . And no people dont cry to me about how i should sub . I am a sub i just think inbetween paychecks n stuff its be nice not to have to deal with the hassle of escrow crap. In my opinion if they did remove xredit cap i bet alot more people will come back or newpeople will join. Mostly people left because of this restriction if you just remove the credit cap everything will be fine .

Here's the thing.

They don't want people using the f2p option indefinitely. They want you to get to a point where you want to subscribe. That's why they've created so many restrictions.

I know this first hand.

It worked on me.

I liked it. When I first started I saw the credit cap and understood they were preventing me from looking as classy as the subs. My character's armor didn't match, it almost left a more rugged feel to the gameplay. All the while I was allowed to experience the story Bioware put out....for free.

Fast forward to level 50, story was complete but I was now infatuated with the game. I decided ehhh, I'll fork over some money to compensate for the last couple of months.

When it comes to Pref players, as I believe you may be referencing, I can agree it really holds you back. There, I think, lies their genius. They grab your heart and soul with the gameplay/story and rely on the fact you'll hand them your wallet as well. If they were to be kind, read non-profit kindness, they could lift it to a mill...or 2 mill but I don't see that being likely.

Its hard when you get capped at 350k to get what you need .

If you want to be easy , you should sub.

In my opinion if they did remove xredit cap i bet alot more people will come back or newpeople will join. Mostly people left because of this restriction if you just remove the credit cap everything will be fine .

And the game will die. 99,99% of the players sub only because the credits cap. You cant buy a fancy things without credits. I`ll stop subscribing if we dont have a credit cap and 99,99% of the population will follow me :p Then EA will pull the plug.

To me it wouldnt hurt the gane at all ,I mean like peoole will still purchase stuff off cartel market. No harm in that right ?I think the games been out long enough to get rid of the credit cap. Its hard when you get capped at 350k to get what you need . And no people dont cry to me about how i should sub . I am a sub i just think inbetween paychecks n stuff its be nice not to have to deal with the hassle of escrow crap. In my opinion if they did remove xredit cap i bet alot more people will come back or newpeople will join. Mostly people left because of this restriction if you just remove the credit cap everything will be fine .

No way, no way, Menumanaaahhh! Sub if like it! I hope the ecrow cartel items sell for 351k! /joke

for a preferre for a preferred players the account will turn into that not free to play so this change should be for preferred players because the pricing fo because the pricing for credits in the trade net in the trade network is crazy and very hard to come by for low level characters is it the intention of everybody to make a new players suffer by not letting them being able to buy new items and sell them when they are level 10

Here's the thing: They don't (or at least shouldn't) care if people play F2P indefinitely, so long as they are somehow making money off that person. If that player is grinding credits and buying cartel items off someone else who is in turn buying those cartel items for real money, then the companies running the game are still making money off that free player. Edited by CaliOrion

Here's the thing: They don't (or at least shouldn't) care if people play F2P indefinitely, so long as they are somehow making money off that person. If that player is grinding credits and buying cartel items off someone else who is in turn buying those cartel items for real money, then the companies running the game are still making money off that free player.

Not in a direct fashion, and not as much as they could be making if both players were subbed and/or buying cartel coins to spend on the market.

Not in a direct fashion, and not as much as they could be making if both players were subbed and/or buying cartel coins to spend on the market.

You think the player who was selling packs would keep buying just as many packs if nobody was buying them, apparently? That's not how markets work. Have you ever had a legitimate salesman stop you outside of a department store and try to sell you, say, a freezer -- the exact same brand of freezer at the exact same price as one being sold in the store -- because he'd rather make money "directly" than let a store sell his stuff for him?

The only major thing that can realistically be pushing for with nags is first-purchases. A guy who puts his payment details in once is a lot more likely to do it a second time. That said...

I don't mean this to be rude or elitist, so don't take this wrong, but: free-to-play is not a new, experimental thing anymore. There are lots of games out there that: 1. Are apparently making lots of money (and have been for years) and 2. have far less player complaints (about the ways free players are restricted, anyway. Gods know they'll always find *something* to grouse about.) It's all well and good to say "If you don't like what you get for free, then don't play, whiners" -- but guess who makes you the least money? The guy who isn't playing, isn't inviting his friends, and may even be actively trying to get people to quit playing your game to come join him in some competing game.

The dominant paradigms are dominant for a reason.