Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Happy Birthday George Lucas!

Sith-Viscera
05.15.2014 , 07:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RebmaViel View Post
Ditto. I was born in '82, one of the first movies I ever remember seeing at the theater (which was actually a drive-in believe it or not) was Return of the Jedi, and when I was a toddler, I would watch Episode IV every day. Drove my parents nuts, but I loved it. (Btw, my other favorite movie was Wizard of Oz, lol). A lot of things have come since, but that first movie changed it all. George Lucas was a genius, not only for the movie, but the merchandising that went with it - something that had never been done to the same degree before. Every other TV-show based, movie based, and cartoon based toys and merchandise can thank Lucas and Star Wars. So, I want to shout at the top of my lungs:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEORGE LUCAS! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR VISION!
I was 7yo when Star Wars came out, b4 they called it the New Hope, so it was Just Star Wars. My mom and Dad took me to the Drive - In to see it, my first Drive - In. The thing i remember the most was, a Teen Couple making out in the car next to us in the back seat. My folks were in the front seat, I, in the back and the 2 teens going at it in their back seat, of course i had great seats for that show. My mom and dad had no clue that was going on next to us, but i seen the force being used in ways that non of us seen it used in a George Lucas Star Wars Film before, or ever will.

LOL, I felt the need to share.
I can use my powers to conjure up your worst nightmares and bring them to life before your eyes. I can drive you mad with fear, shred your sanity, and leave you a raving lunatic for the rest of your life. -Darth Zannah