Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder is causing long waits for a group.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Group Finder is causing long waits for a group.

Halinalle
05.14.2014 , 09:01 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
People actually care if the group is in progress?
If I want to do it for XP (getting to next level) I want a full run.
If I only want the daily/weekly done then I prefer groups already in progress.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 3x Assassin (2xP, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

Wylf
05.14.2014 , 09:08 AM | #12
People actually care if the group is in progress? All it means is that you finish faster. And that's a pretty big assumption that just because they need a new healer that they're a "fail group".
Especially considering that it can easily happen that the group finder decides to reassign the existing healer to a DD spot, so you can heal instead. Been there, done that.
With the large amount of ninjalooters in this game I see people getting kicked almost every flashpoint I run. Just now I ran athiss and the Sentinel decided to steal the Sages lightsaber, which resulted in a votekick *shrug*
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

MillionsKNives
05.14.2014 , 09:14 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
You'll get more from turning in the quest than killing some extra trash. Finishing faster also means that you can run another one faster.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
Especially considering that it can easily happen that the group finder decides to reassign the existing healer to a DD spot, so you can heal instead. Been there, done that.
With the large amount of ninjalooters in this game I see people getting kicked almost every flashpoint I run. Just now I ran athiss and the Sentinel decided to steal the Sages lightsaber, which resulted in a votekick *shrug*
I've had mostly an opposite experience. I rarely have to resort to kicking someone, it usually goes pretty smoothly.

Wylf
05.14.2014 , 09:17 AM | #14
I've had mostly an opposite experience. I rarely have to resort to kicking someone, it usually goes pretty smoothly.
Eh, might be because I mostly play lowlevel flashpoints, with all the fresh blood and such. It's rarely me who initiates the votekick too, since I usually don't exactly run a flashpoint to get gear. But when I run a flashpoint the chance that there will be a votekick in it is pretty high.

EU - The Progenitor

DarthTHC
05.14.2014 , 09:17 AM | #15
Why would you want a full run? Most of the exp comes from the completion of the missions.

Here's a thought: Help that group finish their flash point, then queue again.

Halinalle
05.14.2014 , 09:25 AM | #16
You'll get more from turning in the quest than killing some extra trash. Finishing faster also means that you can run another one faster.
That explains why so many want to skip bonus quests in KDY by finishing scenario before the bonus...
But then they use time to kill champion anyway. It's just not worth it.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Why would you want a full run? Most of the exp comes from the completion of the missions.
Because:
Full run != every mob must die
Full run = Finish FP from start to finish, includes bonus if it doesn't take too long to finish.
This means that only mobs that are on groups route are going to die or they can be skipped if stealth CC is available.

Arkerus
05.14.2014 , 09:32 AM | #17
Someone can't use the tool and blames Bioware. Great thread.

Next please.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

DarthTHC
05.14.2014 , 10:39 AM | #18
That explains why so many want to skip bonus quests in KDY by finishing scenario before the bonus...
But then they use time to kill champion anyway. It's just not worth it.
No, it means people don't understand how experience in flash points works, just like you don't understand how experience in flash points works.

Quote:
Because:
Full run != every mob must die
Full run = Finish FP from start to finish, includes bonus if it doesn't take too long to finish.
This means that only mobs that are on groups route are going to die or they can be skipped if stealth CC is available.
I'm confused. Full run = more time out of your day, partial run = less time out of your day. Since more of your experience is coming from the destination than the journey, the less time you spend in a flash point, the more optimized your experience gathering.

Wait... I'm not confused! You are!

Here's a thought: Help that group finish their flash point, then queue again.

Halinalle
05.14.2014 , 10:52 AM | #19
No, it means people don't understand how experience in flash points works, just like you don't understand how experience in flash points works.
If I run to elevator because killing champion isn't worth it anymore means that I don't know how XP works in FPs? It's only 4,2k XP with 30% Legacy boost.

I'm confused. Full run = more time out of your day, partial run = less time out of your day. Since more of your experience is coming from the destination than the journey, the less time you spend in a flash point, the more optimized your experience gathering.
The amount of XP you get from finishing FP is equal to side quest on planet.

Wylf
05.14.2014 , 10:54 AM | #20
What are you two even fighting about?

EU - The Progenitor