Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder is causing long waits for a group.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Group Finder is causing long waits for a group.

Gobgrot
05.14.2014 , 05:27 AM | #1
I found out one reason why we are getting long waits using group finder. This morning (3:30am pst) I decided I wanted to do some FP's. Ok, I understand that at this time of day its possible to have a bit of a wait for a group. First thing I tried was my tank, after waiting half an hour with no group I figured there was a lack of healers and changed toons. I was offered a group right away but it was a group already in progress. This was something I wasnt interested in, I wanted to do a full run. This is my prerogative as a paying customer. I declined the group and put myself back into group finder only to be offered the same group all over again. Fifteen minutes later and group finder has offered me the same group 5 times. I can see why I wasnt getting any groups as a tank.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!! How many player hours are being wasted because of this ****ed up system? All the other people who are waiting for a group and not getting one just because a fail group wants another healer? As a paying customer this is unacceptable.

Never_Hesitate
05.14.2014 , 06:06 AM | #2
This is working as intended.
They were the first group in the queue and you queued.
Now it is a problem on your part if you don't want that exact group.

But there are 2 easy solutions to your problem:
  • Put one of them on your ignore list and remove him again once you've found a group
  • Untick the freaking box that states that you will be matched with groups in progress

It's not BWs fault that you're unable to handle the tool correctly
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa

leene
05.14.2014 , 06:11 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
This is working as intended.
They were the first group in the queue and you queued.
Now it is a problem on your part if you don't want that exact group.

But there are 2 easy solutions to your problem:
  • Put one of them on your ignore list and remove him again once you've found a group
  • Untick the freaking box that states that you will be matched with groups in progress

It's not BWs fault that you're unable to handle the tool correctly
...and /thread.

Gobgrot
05.14.2014 , 06:23 AM | #4
You mean the button on the hidden page Ive only visited once over 2 years ago and never saw again? The one thats so easy to find I had to hunt for it for a few minutes after you mentioned it. Well blow me down, it is there. With no real documentation for this game they need to make that easier to find. Never thought of the ignore idea, thanks.

It still doesnt alter my main point. Theres no reason I or anyone else should be offered the same group over and over again. Once I refused it the que should offer me the next group waiting. When I finally got a group I asked them how long they had been waiting and was told a while, even the tank waited for the group. How many other healers also couldnt get past this half finished group for the same reason?

Wylf
05.14.2014 , 06:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gobgrot View Post
Once I refused it the que should offer me the next group waiting.
Chances are there was no 'next group'. You queued at 3:30am...
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

Clarian
05.14.2014 , 06:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
[*]Untick the freaking box that states that you will be matched with groups in progress
I've done that and still been matched with groups in progress. That was a while back, though, so I don't know if it's been fixed since then. But at least when I tried it, it didn't work.

Tolunart
05.14.2014 , 07:54 AM | #7
It still doesnt alter my main point. Theres no reason I or anyone else should be offered the same group over and over again. Once I refused it the que should offer me the next group waiting. When I finally got a group I asked them how long they had been waiting and was told a while, even the tank waited for the group. How many other healers also couldnt get past this half finished group for the same reason?
Yes, there is a reason: there was exactly one group that you could be matched with. Because there were not enough players in the group finder to make up a second group at your level, it was not possible to match you with anyone else, so the GF matched you with the only available group. Since you didn't want to join that group, why did you keep using the GF?

(With regards to the second group, someone wasn't being completely honest and had just signed up for a group)

Daekarus
05.14.2014 , 08:02 AM | #8
No, group finder makes it possible to run group content - before group finder, flashpoints simply weren't run at all by most people. It has limitations but it is a damn blessing compared to the alternative.

SW_display_name
05.14.2014 , 08:18 AM | #9
This is a comedy thread, right?

(on 0.2% chance it's not: Untick in-Progress box on GF window, ???, profit)

MillionsKNives
05.14.2014 , 08:37 AM | #10
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!! How many player hours are being wasted because of this ****ed up system? All the other people who are waiting for a group and not getting one just because a fail group wants another healer? As a paying customer this is unacceptable.
People actually care if the group is in progress? All it means is that you finish faster. And that's a pretty big assumption that just because they need a new healer that they're a "fail group".