Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ask me anything / Training

Drakkolich
05.14.2014 , 02:19 AM | #1
This is for newer pilots or intermediate ones that have any questions or want advice. I am an avid pilot on The Bastion server, I have over 2500 games played and have mastered all 10 ships twice.

Feel free to ask any questions about GSF, be it how to fly, what builds I like or think are good, or anything else you can think of, and I will try my best to answer them all to everyone's satisfaction. If you're not a subbed player and can't post on the forums feel free to send any questions to my character on The Bastion named "Drakolich" Empire side and I can answer them there.

Additionally, if anyone is interested I'd love to teach people how to play better. This would be done via twitch streaming and mumble so i can see you fly and chat with you at the same time. If there is overwhelming interest I can schedule players, but we can cross that bridge if we get to it. Also if anyone wants to watch me fly I am able to stream as well.

Looking forward to everyone's questions!

Edit: Hey guys just wanted to give an update on all this stuff up here for anyone still looking for answers!

I'm now up to about 6000 games played and mostly play on The Harbinger due to everyone using low cost server transfers to hit the big population servers. Same name "Drakolich" on Empire and "Drakolích" on Republic.

I'm still here to answer any GSF questions anyone might have my knowledge has improved quite a bit since I made this thread. I know most players wanting to ask aren't going to want to go through all the pages to read every question so if we get repeat ones that's fine.

As before I'm still willing to teach anyone through twitch live streams and I've been for the past year taking video submissions from players and going through them with the player to point out areas they might improve in.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Ryuku-sama
05.14.2014 , 02:26 AM | #2
I just have one question... How can I aim better!!!! I consistently hit 40% accuracy and I always feel like **** when I joust and die cuz I can,t hit my target who have no evesion buff up. And it's even worst under 1000m where I can empty my weapon energy with ion and never getting one shot on his shield.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Drakkolich
05.14.2014 , 02:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
I just have one question... How can I aim better!!!! I consistently hit 40% accuracy and I always feel like **** when I joust and die cuz I can,t hit my target who have no evesion buff up. And it's even worst under 1000m where I can empty my weapon energy with ion and never getting one shot on his shield.
Well aiming is just practice, one of the easiest ways to help aim better is to hold the "S" key to slow your ship down. You can also play with your mouse sensitivity until you find that right spot for you that lets you turn/track enemies fast enough and be able to keep your cursor on them. When you are under 1000m the reticule can behave wierdly sometimes you actually have to lead it on the edge of the direction they are flying instead of aiming for the dead center. (this is especially true with burst lasers)
I hope that helps
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

wvwraith
05.14.2014 , 01:39 PM | #4
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Sorry, couldn't resist bro.
Sonya Ferret Jedi Sage
Pilot of the Redeemer Gunship, "The Fluffy Bunny."
Saberwing
Sonya Bloodstorm GoneSithing

tunewalker
05.14.2014 , 01:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by wvwraith View Post

A circle has no beginning.

SammyGStatus
05.14.2014 , 01:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
A circle has no beginning.
mind = blown
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Anli
05.14.2014 , 01:55 PM | #7

Eggs evolved long before chickens did.

Luneward
05.14.2014 , 02:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Anli View Post
Eggs evolved long before chickens did.
And before long the eggs will evolve venomous fangs and stingers. Then wait in your refrigerators waiting to strike. Soon we will be but vassals to our great shelly overlords as they use us as incubation drones!

In all serious, aiming is mostly just practice. And 40% is really a pretty decent hit percentage. Generally only the best pilots can do consistently better than that. And even not that if they're up against experienced opponents.
Steelwind / Kaillen * The Ebon Hawk

SammyGStatus
05.14.2014 , 02:11 PM | #9
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7
^^ Pointer options allows you the ability to change the mouse speed (unless you have a Razer where you can lower the sensitivity in the app)
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Drakkolich
05.14.2014 , 02:33 PM | #10

NP I'm glad everyone's having fun ^^ Well if i had to guess right now id say it was an egg from a different species that was mutated or evolved. I really have no basis for it though just a guess.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream