Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mac version Update

Anti_Bodies
05.14.2014 , 08:23 PM | #11
The WANTED to make a mac version YEARS ago but they aren't doing it. They also WANTED to do XYZ with the game but they can only do so much.

I feel most of the player base do not want a mac version as it needlessly sucks up a lot of resources making it for another platform.

Andryah
05.14.2014 , 08:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
How about a categorical no once and for all, if there is no intention of ever bringing this to pass.
What.. you can't take a hint from the obvious?

At least then I can have some closure!
Dude.. the only closure in MMOs is when the company folds shop and turns off the servers.

Learn to self-manage your feelings of grief, IMO.

But here.. let me help you out a little.. in the absence of a Gold response.. there is plenty of sage information on this from other players..... Take this one to heart, IMO.... http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=852
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

MaximusRex
05.14.2014 , 09:07 PM | #13
How about a categorical no once and for all, if there is no intention of ever bringing this to pass. At least then I can have some closure!
There is almost never such a thing as a categorical no in the MMO business. Plans can and do change. The best you might hope for is that BioWare will say its not currently on the table, which seems fairly obvious.

You best bet is dual booting or looking at some other solution that allows Windows programs to run on a Mac. I found this article here that might be helpful.

VincentEpik
10.21.2014 , 07:17 PM | #14
I gotta admit, I do have a Mac BookPro of my own. My PC is having problems so I gave it to my computer guy to fix it. I am really hoping Bioware does this, because I REALLY WANT THIS ON MAC. Its literally the best game I have ever played and I was really hoping Bioware would make it available on Mac platform. I keep reading about it, and yes 2 years ago, they said they would make it available on Mac. Please Bioware or SWTOR, if you are reading this...MAKE IT A MAC PLATFORMED GAME TOO!!

Andryah
10.21.2014 , 07:41 PM | #15
I do have a gaming pc, doesn't mean I dont still want to be able to play it on my iMac, or even upgrade to a Mac Pro or something down the road.

As for when they indicated that they were interested in porting it, read this:
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2012/01...c-to-mac-next/

It was a good two years ago now, so its highly unlikely that those plans are still in place.
Let the thread topic just die please. The article you referenced was published just weeks after the game launched and it was quoting the founders of Bioware (before their departure later in the summer of 2012). Promises and allusions to promises made prior to the great summer of 2012 restructuring at Bioware are infamous for alleging future things that never came to pass. This alone should be sufficient for any sensible person to understand that plans for a Mac version are absent of any substance unless/until they come right out and say they plan on doing a Mac client.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Smuglebunny
10.21.2014 , 09:00 PM | #16
There is not one reason to buy an Apple device of any kind.
This is my biased opinion as a PC technician.

Linux or Windows

Apple is just a proprietary monetized perversion of unix. Everything they "invented" is stolen.
The company is a marketing scam producing substandard devices and charging twice the price for half the hardware with an OS that does less.

But its white. 2500$.

And dont think they dont break...I have begrudgingly replaced parts in many macbooks....after removing the 200 tiny little magnetized screws ugh.