Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zinda Kent just one shot me.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

Valethar
05.13.2014 , 11:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Don't abandon... reset.
That'll put you back to the point where you're talking to shady characters instead of sending you all the way back to the fleet.
Will that change the actual bounty, or am I going to get stuck with that OP witch again?

Worth a try I suppose.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Rankyn
05.13.2014 , 11:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
Will that change the actual bounty, or am I going to get stuck with that OP witch again?

Worth a try I suppose.
Basically it'll re-roll which one you get.
There's always a chance you could get the same one again but you can keep repeating this process until you get one you like.

OddballEasyEight
05.13.2014 , 11:24 PM | #13
It's only a "one shot" if she takes you from 100% health to 0% health in one shot...

I doubt that is what is the case here.
Most likely, you didn't interrupt one of her special attacks and paid for it.

Kalfear
05.13.2014 , 11:37 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by theSCARAYone View Post
Thanks Bioware.
if thats true then you really need some new gear

Zinda is not that hard (just killed her myself today solo (level 55)

If your being 1 shotted by Zinda

You need to spend more time on your gear and maybe use a tank companion who can take agro away from you
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

Floredon
05.14.2014 , 12:04 AM | #15
the henchman I find to be very easy. You obviously aren't using Heroic Moment or skills such as Unity and your companion must not be a healer or a tank.

Sinapus
05.14.2014 , 03:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
Not hard to do when her adds keep you constantly stunlocked. She's a bit OP for a 'single player' contract, between the constant stuns and her attacks.
If you have an area effect stun, use it when they appear. My scoundrel managed to stop the blade sisters with the flash grenade, then pinned them with XS freighter flyby and killed them, then kept focussing on Zinda.

Edit: ...and yes, I find her very difficult with other classes. My Shadow barely captured her (used the cryo freeze because she was about to die and Zinda's health got low enough) and I ended up resetting with my Sentinel to try a different target.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

ItachiZaku
05.14.2014 , 06:25 AM | #17
I dunno, seemed like another basic encounter to me (shadow tank), but I'm a frequent user of my stuns and interrupts. I do remember getting stunned at some point, but Nadia ripped her apart.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

DawnAskham
05.14.2014 , 08:13 AM | #18
Doubtful she one shot you 100-0, but even though I feel it is probably a L2P issue, she can be a pain for certain classes as well as depending upon where she sets up.

I got her once on DK and she set up on very edge of the rocks above the item you click to summon, and all of my aoe moves - including Heroic Moment AOE - wouldn't do any damage to her if I could even get them to activate while my direct target abilities kept getting 'cannot see target'.

Of course the path to her was up a hill and around a bunch of rocks, all breaking LOS with her, and the first time I got close enough and back into LOS, I got knocked over the rock face only to get swarmed by the adds.

I did end up getting back around to her by going sideways a ways and then up, where I was able to do damage without getting knocked around (after I dispatched the annoying adds), but I also ate at least one of her terminates and was limping on next to no health (and probably would have died had I not had the Heroic Moment heal running).

Every other time I've gotten her, she has set up somewhere just a bit different, and I've had zero LOS issues with her (though on my melee characters she can be annoying).

The only other Bounty that has even come close to doing any damage to me is the knock back stun happy droid, and after getting knocked around the first time, I just make sure to roll stuns on him while I drop every Heroic Moment AOE on top of him.

Superman_AZ
05.14.2014 , 08:16 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Space_Gimp View Post
Don't mess with Clark Kent's family.
Word...
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Superman_AZ
05.14.2014 , 08:16 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
It's only a "one shot" if she takes you from 100% health to 0% health in one shot...

I doubt that is what is the case here.
Most likely, you didn't interrupt one of her special attacks and paid for it.
This would be the correct answer.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy