Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it viable to level a healer/tank through flashpoints and your class story ONLY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is it viable to level a healer/tank through flashpoints and your class story ONLY

Irongut
05.14.2014 , 10:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kentontudor View Post
Hey guys, it's my first time back since a couple months after launch and I see that there's group-finder now in the game which I think is a great thing. I want to level a healer and was wanting to know if it's possible to level solely through class story and flashpoints... Are flashpoint groups easy to come by? Or am I better off leveling as a dps spec, and respec'ing at cap?
Yes perfectly possible. I'm currently levelling a Sentinel that exact way. I will probably finish my class quest on Belsavis tonight and I'm at exactly the same level as the quest.

If you want to run more flashpoints than just Kuat Drive Yards all the time your best bet is healer or tank. Group finder queues as dps for the regular FPs can take a very long time.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

Kentontudor
05.14.2014 , 10:52 AM | #12
It has been a while since I"ve played so forgive my noobness... but what's Kuat?
TonyPerkis - Arsenal Mercenary

DarthTHC
05.14.2014 , 10:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kentontudor View Post
It has been a while since I"ve played so forgive my noobness... but what's Kuat?
It's a new type of flash point that bolsters players (grouping anyone 15-54 into one group) and doesn't require tanks or healers so the first 4 in the queue get in. "Tactical Flash Point". Check it out via Group Finder.

Kentontudor
05.14.2014 , 10:59 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
It's a new type of flash point that bolsters players (grouping anyone 15-54 into one group) and doesn't require tanks or healers so the first 4 in the queue get in. "Tactical Flash Point". Check it out via Group Finder.

Ty sir
TonyPerkis - Arsenal Mercenary

GatorAndy
05.14.2014 , 11:06 AM | #15
Lots of good suggestions posted already. I would just like to add that, with the XP boosts available now, any class can usually level through class story plus any other single XP-gaining activity. Normal flashpoints will pop faster for tanks and heals though.
  • class story + flashpoints (traditional or KDY)
  • class story + warzones
  • class story + GSF
  • class story + space missions
  • class story + planet missions

With all the XP boosts available (legacy, guild, CM consumables), you can almost level exclusively through class stories. During a double XP weekend, this is even more true.