Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RD-13A Chestguard

KnownError
05.12.2014 , 10:13 PM | #1
Was wondering if anyone knows where I can find this (besides the GTN). Is there a specific place this drops at? Thanks to everyone that replies and helps out!

DarthDymond
05.12.2014 , 10:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by KnownError View Post
Was wondering if anyone knows where I can find this (besides the GTN). Is there a specific place this drops at? Thanks to everyone that replies and helps out!
Seems to be a world drop from mobs on Nar Shaddaa and Republic Taris/Imperial Balmorra according to TOR Fashion.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

KnownError
05.13.2014 , 10:21 AM | #3
You might have to explain that more detailed for me. I'm a newb to the game and platform.

Andryah
05.13.2014 , 10:26 AM | #4
You might have to explain that more detailed for me. I'm a newb to the game and platform.
It's a random world drop, from level appropriate mobs. There is no way to specify what mob will drop it for you...only what planet (ie: level range) where it exists in the loot tables for random drops.

Your best bet to get one is to farm Champion Bosses on Nar Shadda IMO. I made a lot of credits farming and selling these early in the life of the game. You have ~2-3% chance (that's my observation) for the chest to drop from a Champion. It used to be better drop rates.. but they nerfed the crap out of Bosses quite a while ago to discourage farming.

The drop rate on the GTN is much much better. If you are patient.. you will probably find one at discount prices on the GTN.. but you need to get lucky on price.. since some players just list to dump.. and others will scoop up an RD-13 and relist it at your servers market price. Like many rare random world drops..... it's often faster to just earn the credits to buy it off the GTN then to try to farm it yourself.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

KnownError
05.13.2014 , 10:52 AM | #5
Makes sense. I was going to use the GTN as a last resort, and actually just try to get this item from a drop, but it seems that it would take forever and a gamble. Thanks for the reply. What does "mobs" mean?

KnownError
05.13.2014 , 10:52 AM | #6
Well if any of you kind people would like to send me one that would be cool lol Character name: X'esh

An adaptive armor of this would be great

Petnil
05.13.2014 , 10:55 AM | #7
pretty sure that chest also drops in thoose boxes for planetary coms. If you got nothing better to use planet coms on you could go buy the correct level artifact box.

Kagekeishu
05.13.2014 , 11:26 AM | #8
Hiho ...

I hope this will help you a bit...

http://www.torhead.com/item/bEpgE9L/...ard#dropped-by

There you have a list of Mobs which perhaps could drop the RD-13A chest... BUT(!!) you should remember that - as far as I am aware of - the drop is adjusted to your Character-Level..! That means the higher your Level the lower the possiblity to get a good drop (orange Item for example)..! So if you try to farm those Mobs with lets say a Level 55 Char you will have to farm for quite some time ...

Kage

KnownError
05.13.2014 , 09:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kagekeishu View Post
Hiho ...

I hope this will help you a bit...

http://www.torhead.com/item/bEpgE9L/...ard#dropped-by

There you have a list of Mobs which perhaps could drop the RD-13A chest... BUT(!!) you should remember that - as far as I am aware of - the drop is adjusted to your Character-Level..! That means the higher your Level the lower the possiblity to get a good drop (orange Item for example)..! So if you try to farm those Mobs with lets say a Level 55 Char you will have to farm for quite some time ...
Kage
Oh wow that's very helpful! Thank you so much! Does it matter that I'm about 5 levels about the 20-21 level? Wasn't sure if it would make that big of a difference.

Jeweledleah
05.13.2014 , 09:56 PM | #10
Makes sense. I was going to use the GTN as a last resort, and actually just try to get this item from a drop, but it seems that it would take forever and a gamble. Thanks for the reply. What does "mobs" mean?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mob_(video_gaming)