Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help with SWTOR on Bootcamp

Niick
05.12.2014 , 07:46 PM | #1
Ok so here is my problem. I was playing the game for a few months on my macbook pro using bootcamp. It was working perfectly, until one day when I had an error. The problem is when I try to login to the launcher, it shows that it is loading. Meaning, I type in the information, then press login and it just has the windows circle icon for loading on the screen. I have tried searching for a way past this. I really do hope I do not have to pay for a new computer and if someone could help me, that would save my world. Thank you very much If you have any more questions about my problem, please post.
Space Combat for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Smuglebunny
05.12.2014 , 08:57 PM | #2
Im a PC hardware tech and lvl2 remote tech support guy. First dont game on a mac. Why even buy one? I seriously cant think of a reason if you arent a media developer. But anyway.

Have you attempted to uninstall SWTOR from bootcamp and then reinstall it? That would be my first step.

My next step would be to uninstall bootcamp and reinstall that as well and then Swtor again if the first thing doesnt work. But I am not a mac expert so there may be a simpler fix im not aware of. Nor am I sure if uninstalling and reinstalling will help.

Good luck.

Fidelicatessen
05.13.2014 , 06:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
First dont game on a mac. Why even buy one? I seriously cant think of a reason if you arent a media developer. But anyway.
^^QFT.

Why do you have a Mac, OP? If it's possible for you to buy a computer, you could buy a sweet gaming rig (that will run SWTOR right out of the box) for about half the price you spent on the Mac.

Even if you're a media developer, the disparity between media processing on Mac vs. PC is nonexistent these days (please correct me if I'm wrong). The only reason I can think of to own one is "the kids at school will think I'm cool if I have a Mac laptop, and it's not my money anyway."

OwenBrooks
05.13.2014 , 06:21 AM | #4
This could be an AV / Firewall block , so ensure launcher.exe and swtor.exe are in all exception lists

In the game folder is a log folder , what does the latest launcher log say is occurring when you login

ninjonxb
05.13.2014 , 07:51 AM | #5
Ugh the usual "don't game on mac's" from "tech experts" who offer little help and don't know ****.

First off. This isn't a bootcamp issue. This is a windows problem.
The fact that you used bootcamp to install windows is irrelevant because you boot into a full normal instillation of Windows and mac is no longer running.

However,
What version of windows?
Did you recently update windows or any drivers?
Did this start with a SWTOR patch?

If I understand correctly you can't even log in?
Do you have any security software installed (or recently installed and you uninstalled)
Make changes to your firewall or other security options

the_kof
05.14.2014 , 06:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Ugh the usual "don't game on mac's" from "tech experts" who offer little help and don't know ****.

First off. This isn't a bootcamp issue. This is a windows problem.
The fact that you used bootcamp to install windows is irrelevant because you boot into a full normal instillation of Windows and mac is no longer running.

However,
What version of windows?
Did you recently update windows or any drivers?
Did this start with a SWTOR patch?

If I understand correctly you can't even log in?
Do you have any security software installed (or recently installed and you uninstalled)
Make changes to your firewall or other security options
Thank God someone is actually not trying to bash Mac's. I had a similar issue when I started. I agree that reinstalling should work.