Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Vader vs Anakin - Who is more powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Vader vs Anakin - Who is more powerful?

Sadishist's Avatar


Sadishist
05.15.2014 , 05:09 PM | #51
Lightsaber skill comes from Force power.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
05.15.2014 , 05:35 PM | #52
Yeah I think this effort would be better served focusing on the OP...

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
05.16.2014 , 07:52 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Lightsaber skill comes from Force power.
Skill comes from practice and practical application in fights. This is true for every character in the SW Universe except for Luke Skywalker who was magically as good as, or better, than Vader despite the fact he had the training of a Padawan.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2014 , 09:03 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Skill comes from practice and practical application in fights. This is true for every character in the SW Universe except for Luke Skywalker who was magically as good as, or better, than Vader despite the fact he had the training of a Padawan.
Luke was waaay better than a Padawan.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

cs_zoltan's Avatar


cs_zoltan
05.16.2014 , 09:54 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Luke was waaay better than a Padawan.
I think he meant that he had as much training as a padawan.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2014 , 10:29 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
I think he meant that he had as much training as a padawan.
He had much more training then that, he trained with Obi-Wan, then Yoda and then was self taught. Luke advanced his skill far beyond that of a Padawan, even by ESB he was greater than a Padawan.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

cs_zoltan's Avatar


cs_zoltan
05.16.2014 , 10:40 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He had much more training then that, he trained with Obi-Wan, then Yoda and then was self taught. Luke advanced his skill far beyond that of a Padawan, even by ESB he was greater than a Padawan.
Luke had 4 years of training by the time of ROTJ, in comparison Anakin was knighted after 10 years of training. No one says he wasn't good, only that he had little training.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2014 , 10:43 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Luke had 4 years of training by the time of ROTJ, in comparison Anakin was knighted after 10 years of training. No one says he wasn't good, only that he had little training.
Yes but to say he had just the training of a Padawan isn't right.

But anywhoo...enough derailing.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

cs_zoltan's Avatar


cs_zoltan
05.16.2014 , 10:47 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes but to say he had just the training of a Padawan isn't right.

But anywhoo...enough derailing.
There's never enough derailing
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
05.16.2014 , 10:53 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He had much more training then that, he trained with Obi-Wan, then Yoda and then was self taught. Luke advanced his skill far beyond that of a Padawan, even by ESB he was greater than a Padawan.
He spent a few days with Obi-wan on the Falcon and then a few weeks training with Yoda on Dagobah. I don't think a time frame is ever actually given for the Dagobah training.

If you just go by hours taught, almost any Padawan in the old Jedi Order would have had more training that Luke. His skill, and the resulting plot hole, was explained away by writers saying that he was just that naturally talented because they had to explain why a person with so little training was able to stand up to an individual who had decades to refine his skill.