Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Underwater Explorer and Adventurer Armor JetPack Frustration/Bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Underwater Explorer and Adventurer Armor JetPack Frustration/Bug?

dakajojo
05.12.2014 , 12:05 PM | #1
I may be one of the only ones, but I love the way these armor sets look on my Bounty Hunter.

However... what is the point of having a jet pack on the back of the chest piece if the rocket boost comes out of the feet of the character instead?! If there is a booster pack on the back, why not have the rocket boost come from there? I'm not sure if this was intentional, or yet another bug.

Millardkillmoore
05.12.2014 , 12:17 PM | #2
I completely agree. These are easily the best-looking Bounty hunter chestpieces and I got one for my BH as soon as it hit the GTN. Then I learned that the jetpack doesn't work for some reason. Could we please get a dev comment on whether this is a bug or and intended feature? If it is a bug, an ETA on a fix would be appreciated too.

ceelaniri
05.12.2014 , 12:22 PM | #3
Because it s not a jetpack

It is an aquapack ;=) (whatever that is)
Masamoto Pentesilhea

Wylf
05.12.2014 , 12:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ceelaniri View Post
Because it s not a jetpack

It is an aquapack ;=) (whatever that is)
Ooooor it's a bug. Wouldn't be the first time that armors with jetpacks attached to them have the rocket boost coming out of the feet.. or armors with no jetpacks have it coming out from where a jetpack would be, if they had one.
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

Millardkillmoore
05.12.2014 , 12:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
Ooooor it's a bug. Wouldn't be the first time that armors with jetpacks attached to them have the rocket boost coming out of the feet.. or armors with no jetpacks have it coming out from where a jetpack would be, if they had one.
I got some green robe for my consular on Tython that uses the jetpack animation despite not having a jetpack on the model, but somehow this new armor doesn't have the animation despite having the model.

dakajojo
05.12.2014 , 12:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Millardkillmoore View Post
I completely agree. These are easily the best-looking Bounty hunter chestpieces and I got one for my BH as soon as it hit the GTN. Then I learned that the jetpack doesn't work for some reason. Could we please get a dev comment on whether this is a bug or and intended feature? If it is a bug, an ETA on a fix would be appreciated too.
This, this, this!!!

I submitted a bug ticket, just in case. It would be nice if a dev or community manager could comment so we aren't left in the dark.

ceelaniri
05.12.2014 , 12:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
check your sarcasm detector =p

anyway, i m all for a fix.
Masamoto Pentesilhea

dakajojo
05.12.2014 , 01:04 PM | #8

I think the best way we can get a fix is for everyone to submit bug tickets. Unless a community manager sees this thread and puts the gears in motion.

dakajojo
05.12.2014 , 01:17 PM | #9
I posted in the Bug Report forum, just in case:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...57#post7416157

OddballEasyEight
05.12.2014 , 01:27 PM | #10

Actually, it shouldn't be sarcasm.
If you look closely it IS a jetpack. For underwater travel.
What y'all want is rocketpacks. That's what boba and jango had. That's what the bounty hunters have in the game (hence rocket jump and rocket punch instead of jet jump and jet punch).

The jet pack is obviously made for underwater travel. It's not a bug that there are no rocket flames coming out if it since it isn't a rocket.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.